பாடல் எழுதியவர் மலையாளத்தின் முன்னணி கவிஞர். நான் கொடுக்கிற மெட்டுக்கு அவரால் வரிகள் போட முடியவில்லை. மீட்டரில் அடங்கவில்லை என்றே சொல்லிக் கொண்டிருந்தார். அவர் ஒரு ஊரில் இருக்க, நான் இன்னொரு இடத்தில் இருந்தேன். ட்யூன்களை எடுத்துக் கொண்டு அவரது வீட்டுக்கே செல்வார் டைரக்டர் ஹரிஹரன். கடைசியாக அவரே ஒரு பாடலை எழுதிக் கொடுத்திருந்தார். சரி, அதற்கு மெட்டு போட்டுக் கொள்ளலாம் என்ற முடிவோடு அமர்ந்தேன். பழசிராஜா தான் வாழ்ந்த ஊரை விட்டே போவது போல காட்சி. ஆனால் அந்த வேதனையை சொல்வது போல ஒரு வரியும் இல்லாதது எனக்கு அதிர்ச்சியாக இருந்தது. அவர் போடுகிற வரிகள், இந்த காலத்திற்கு ஏற்றார் போல அமைந்திருக்க வேண்டும். தங்கள் மண்ணை விட்டு உலகமெங்கும் வாழ்பவர்களின் வலி அதில் தெரிய வேண்டும். ஆனால் வரிகளில் மட்டும் ஒரு போருக்கான ஆயத்தம் இருந்தது. அதாவது லெப்ட், ரைட் என்று பெரேட் செல்வது போலவே தாளக்கட்டுடன் அமைந்த வரிகள். படித்த ஒரு வினாடிக்குள் நான் இப்படிதான் மெட்டு போடுவேன் என்று அவர் நினைத்திருப்பார் என்பதை யூகிக்க முடிந்தது. ஆனாலும் வேறு மாதிரி மனசை உருக்குவது போல மெட்டு போட்டேன் என்று ராஜா சொல்ல பலத்த கைதட்டல் அரங்கத்தில்.

raagas,

A Layman Translation for you:

Raaja Speaks "The Song was written by a leading poet of Malayalam Industry. He was not able to write lyrics for the tunes that I was giving and constantly telling it doesnt set in the 'Meter'. I was in a different place and he was in a different place. Director Hariharan used travel to his place carrying my tunes. Finally He gave a song and i sat down to Compose the tune.
The scene was depicting 'Pazassiraja' going away from his place. It was shocking that There was not even a single line expressing this sadness. There should have been lines which express this emotion in todays context. He should've written expressing the longing of people who are living all over the world having left their land. But the lyrics had a emotion of preparation for a war. It was rhythmic like Left-Right Parade. He should've guessed that within seconds of reading those lines I would tune only as he had intended me too. But I changed it and tuned in a heart wrenching way"

That is Raaja who doesn't compromise on his musical understandings of human emotions. The lyricists however great they may be can't satisfy him. 'Kannadasan' was the last of that lot who cared for emotions onscreen. Now thinking of the song 'Aadhi ushas' I can understand how much struggle Raaja would've gone through to convey the pain through his tune & orchestration despite the lyrics predominantly being in a War preparatory tone.