Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: || Delhi 6 | Rakesh Omprakash Mehra | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vijayr, you describe Dil Gira as "soulful & surreal" & it's exactly that! Couldn't have put it better myself!

D6 really is a gem of an album. Dil Gira & Rehna Tu are immortal numbers. They demonstrate ARRs genius greatly.

Ariziyan is also a great number. Truly rewarding if you can handle its duration. Javed Ali & Kailash Kher

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it... Brilliant movie! More on Indian films thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well about the songs used in the movie it doesnt disappoint me at all may be for those who havent watched RDB. Thats ROM working style and I dont crumble for that. If ARR has to work with him again one thing I can warrant you all is 10 songs sure!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale
    Well about the songs used in the movie it doesnt disappoint me at all may be for those who havent watched RDB. Thats ROM working style and I dont crumble for that. If ARR has to work with him again one thing I can warrant you all is 10 songs sure!
    and only 2 will be used in the movie.........Scale, tell me honestly, why the heck did that guy "get" a "rehna tu" for this movie
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    I was expecting this well before

Quote Originally Posted by purebliss
    We've seen Rakeysh Mehra have a strong penchant for music. Is it Rahman, Prasoon or all you three together?

What an album, isn't it? Of course it is A.R. Rahman and Prasoon Joshi. I don't have lip sync songs in Delhi 6. If you've noticed, in Rang De also, I didn't have anyone singing songs. For me, the sound of the film, whether it's the background or the songs, is the fourth dimension. It's never upfront. It's like a soul in the film which you cannot see but can only feel it. You can also see the energy of the soul. The songs interpret the film and take it forward in their own way.
    There are lip sync both in RDB and Delhi6 but his style is very clear the songs are used just as a handtool.. ARR & PJ knew this very well and its their extended works for audio market. Somehow ARR also seams to enjoy this to choice up for a loads of variety. 1 intro verses, 2 peppy, 1 prayer/devotional, 2 western romantic, 2 sentimental, 2 arabic/folk/classical. Lukkachuppi, khalbali, roobaroo, masakali (pigeon), rehna tu are ARR's musical themes not that ROM could have stressed for such songs.... The same case with SDM also.. The trend is changing!! ARR BGM potta maadhiriye theriyalai if you have watched Yuvraaj or JA. Every scene have a BG score. The reason could be he was extremely travelling just to grab awards and thats why the movie got delayed

Post Thanks / Like
    But I have to say that ROM picturizes the songs extremely well My pick is RDB title track..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakeysh to make Mirza Sahiban next; also plans to release new version of Delhi 6

The script for Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's next film is almost done. "Actually it's a couple of scripts and I will choose from them," says the director.

He admits he is in all probability making the period romance Mirza Sahiban next. But the original cast Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor may change. "The moment you write with actors in mind you restrict them and yourself. So I'd rather wait until the script is finished before casting."

Rakeysh showed the new-cut version of Delhi 6 at the Venice Film Festival on September 9. "The kind of reception I got in a 1600-seater theatre, was unexpected. It was meant to be only one screening. But they suddenly decided to screen the film on the closing day of the Festival which is very prestigious."

Now Rakeysh intends to release the new version of Delhi 6 (with Abhishek Bachchan's character dying off) in India very shortly.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news...433/index.html
    jolly-o-jimkanna

Post Thanks / Like
    Ennappa yaarumE kandukkalayaa...award mazhai thodarkirathu!

ARR wins Filmfare for Best Music for Delhi-6!

Absolutely deserved!

Also Mohit Chauhan and Rekha Bharadwaj got awards for best playback singers for Masakalli and Genda Phool respectively! So far only awards for D6!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ennada...Aalilladha kadaiyila yaaro tea aathuraangalaennu paarthen..

Kudos to Thalaivar... don't forget... This is Thalaivar's 25th filmfare and that too in 18 yrs.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click on my signature to read my take on Delhi 6

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031