Page 92 of 183 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    genesis,
    I dunno about MKT the actor, but MKT the singer (manmadha leelaiyai venRAr uNdO) won't be that quickly forgotten

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar
    Largely agree. Some disagreement with Mannavan Sembu. alEkkA Kamal thread ku shift aittomna nalla irukkum, lighta traffic boost aagum
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    idhaiyellAm thEvaiyAna aLavukku alasiyAchu Shankar (in Tamil Films Section in Aandavar thread). oNNu paNNunga nInga - andha threadukku vAnga. Anban kitta archanai vAngikkalAm
    Free-ya vidunga plum...I'd taken a break from TFMpage for quite some time, and happened to pass-by this way

I'm not here to stay...I'm on the move
    shankar posts...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sureshji,
    Well said and exactly mirrored my thoughts. It takes time for younger generation to catch-up, understand and appreciate Raja's immortal music. Let them settle down slowly and they are in for a bigger treat when they grow up. As we grow older, the music seems to expand it's horizon in front of us without we even knowing it. Just like an old question "what is knowledge?". "Whatever remains after your forget everything". Raja's music is like that!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_musing View Post
    I just saw ISS dedicating the first few minutes of the program for raja. Vanijayaram, MGS and composer sharath on raja sir.
    Clipping from 0.52 to 6.43

Thanks for sharing ..very emotional ..couldn't control my tears .
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Btw, Maddy you dint expect rakkammaa from Raja? Seriously? I dint expect this from you. Another ignorant fella who thinks Raja = folk or something. He might not have grown up in TN to have known the stuff Raja had been doing. If thats the case he should not talk about his music at all. Even I could have been more insightful.
    Absolutely
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    par,

If you do some research on the 80s born generation, you will find that lot of people started by liking Rahman and have slowly become Raja fans. (Not that they hate other music but they have started loving Raja.) Yes, the current generation likes MDs like Harris and Yuvan, not to mention Rahman. But as they grow and their musical sensibilities grow, they have no choice but to come towards Raja. For no music director in India has done as much musically as Raja has done. And I say this as someone who loves a lot and lot of music directors. Though I know predicting the future is risky business but 10 yrs from now, the 90s generation will worship Raja. His music guarantees his immortality. Of that I have no doubt.
    That's why I said 90s

Speaking for myself, Ilaiyaraaja was my fav. musician from my teens. As I got older, I started liking the earlier songs by MSV, VR, G Venkatesh, G Ramanathan, MKT... But they couldn't replace Ilaiyaraaja. He will remain there till my last day or till my ability to hear fades (dread the thought ).

As for younger generation coming back to Ilaiyaraaja... I too hope sanity will prevail in the end.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Nadiya and Kushbu were more popular in TN than IR and Kamal at certain points in their career. I place MKT in that category.
    MDs and actors are different entities, let alone actresses

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by par View Post
    The adulation poured on MKT is no less than what Ilaiyaraaja got in his time. If MKT can be forgotten, who can tell what time has in store for Ilaiyaraaja. Amongst those who were born in the 90s, it is not easy to find too many Ilaiyaraaja fans. Yes, they like his songs. But ask them about their favorite MD, Ilaiyaraaja will not be the name that comes out on top. Sad, but true.
    I brought in the comparison btw Kamal and raja ONLY in terms of talent, not popularity and success.(that don't mean u need to exclude them but still talent is the discussion-topic) I don't know how deep was MKT's talent analysed but in this digital era, Raja's works are much widely analysed and appreciated. He is the last connection btw the old of the oldest & new of the newest, as told by a hubber here.

There is just no alternative for the human talent Raja possess. Thatswhy i took Kamal haasan, another brainy genius and also said that IMHO, the 3rd to 10th positions are vacant!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mozart's tunes are still popular. Unshakable fame. I don;t know how other MD's stand on this, but Raja is sure to be heard for atleast 50 years from now. After that, either his music will sail by itself, like those of the eternal composers, or if some preparatory arrangements are made by existing generation of that time, it will easily survive for some more years.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv