Yes , mice is Gate 5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    plum, which show on Saakshi TV?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theriyalainga random surfingla paarthadhu. Uteeblaiyum kedaikka vaaippillai...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Theriyalainga random surfingla paarthadhu. Uteeblaiyum kedaikka vaaippillai...
    googled "janaki saakshi raja" and the first youtube video result is:

Jananki talkes about tussle with Raja starting around 8 minutes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    googled "janaki saakshi raja" and the first youtube video result is:

Jananki talkes about tussle with Raja starting around 8 minutes
    Translation please

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Translation please
    Plum already translated it. I am just supporting with video evidence. Otherwise my Telugu knowledge is zero+.

Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Lovely tidbit from S Janaki on Saakshi TV: unfortunately, I missed the early portions of this and had to do some guesswork: "...I was waiting till 1PM, and he didn't turn up. I got angry and wlaked off...even my husband was saying 'didn't you make him wait the other day, why can't you wait for another aw hour here' but I have my prestige right? I refused to sing for him. Next day I was recording in a nearby studio(floor, perhaps) and I heard Jency singing for him but 'manakku kooda prestige kaadha' so I didn't go to him. He sent many messengers to every place I was recording for 2 months. Then he came to a recording where (x) was MD and pleaded with me. I wqs saying "no" and the MD was shooing him off saying 'don't disturb my recording' but he was pleading...finally he relented"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    so IR has a tiff with SJ as well !!?!! is there anyone he has not quarelled with ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    so IR has a tiff with SJ as well !!?!! is there anyone he has not quarelled with ??
    As per Plum's translation, it was SJ who showed muRukku (cause IR was late) and IR went begging her to come and sing for him, even got humiliated by another MD.

Where is the question of IR having a "tiff" with her?

Misunderstanding at its core

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Translation:

Janaki had to record two songs - one for MSV and one for Ilaiyaraaja on the same day and timings were clashing. When she asked MSV to adjust the timings, MSV convinced that the recording will be over by 12 and she can then proceed to IR's recording - which was at the adjacent recording theatre. Trusting that, she committed to IR's song. But MSV's recording didnt finish on time and while Janaki reminded him about timing, MSV said "I didnt expect this delay". Janaki also didnt feel like troubling the veteran composer, by complaining and took it in stride. Meanwhile, IR's men kept visiting MSV's recording for Janaki and Janaki kept telling them "just another 15mins, 30mins".. Finally, MSV's recording ended at 2pm and she rushed to IR's recording. But by then, IR started recording with singer Jency and Janaki was miffed. She then started avoiding IR and IR came back to her, complaining why she is not singing for him. Janaki's reply to IR: "there were cases when songs were sent from recording theatre even at 3pm..there were cases when lot of people waited long for you also. Couldnt you wait now, for some time? I am in the same studio, just few yards away from recording theatre. Matter of understanding and adjustment!". Later IR came to her, at some movie's preview theatre and complained again that songs are not coming out well. Janaki was adamant again and told him that if he is able to find singers for his song, so be it.. Later, she compromised and gave in.

Typical date arrangements/logistics problems that often lead to misunderstandings between singers/actors/technicians. I am sure every artist/actors must have experienced this. Nothing special.

Another incident Janaki narrates is that, for a film, all the songs were sung by some new singers and for a certain club song, IR wanted Janaki. Janaki wanted to have atleast one song for the heroine, instead of a mere club song. She admits that she did sing many club songs before, but she didnt want just a club song alone. IR didnt budge and she stopped singing for him. Again he stalked her to other composers' recordings or used to send his brother. In one such recording of another composer, IR went there and again started complaining. That other composer asked IR not to disturb her concentration and asked IR to leave.

Janaki says that she never cancelled any commitment, after agreeing to a song. she said that she sang many songs for IR despite undergoing severe palpitations.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Post Thanks / Like
    Raagas, thanks. I missed the initial parts and had to piece the story together. Yeah, it is a commonplace incident and that precisely is the charm as it steers away both from the larger than life philosophica Raja image as well as arrogant prick image.