Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irir

You maybe be right in your assessment about being submissive. Many first time directors who go to IR for their music very much fall into this abyss and unable to get out. I was watching a youtube on "Mayil Recording", you could see the director as just another puppet.
    Though we can sit here and do character assassination about their strong personality to get what they want, I could also feel the opposite. If you and I were to go to IR for a movie, I dont know if I will be able to overcome the grandiose state of euphoria on even sitting next to him. The music which fed one's soul for all these years and here is the man who made those things possible. The sheer moment is overwhelming. Though we may not even agree on the synth orchestration he does in most of his songs, do you think anyone will ever tell him that face to face. The irony is IR expects you to tell him what you want from him and he tries to exactly give you that. You can always swtich the arguement that given IR's recent outburts they just dont want to press the wrong button.

I am happy for Myshkin, even though he was subservient in his meeting with IR, he still got what he wanted even to the extent of cutting most of the songs, which is unheard off. Such people are far and few. Every other day , some random guy gets IR as his first movie MD and he goes to the press and starts gaga'ing. The output is dismal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its sad to see IR's so called fans longing for compliments from X Y Z for IR's music

IR is a musical genius. Avaruku edu ellam thoosi ku samam.

IR needs a platform to be recognized by the international music fraternity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Caught a glimpse of some upcoming program in Zee Tamil - IR's visit/pooja in some Swami's samadhi. Will post the details when I catch the advt again.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like an advt for teleserial on Saint Mayamma's life. Maestro is her staunch devotee.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    No white dress here, looks like silk saree

HTML Code:
    [img]http://stbjp.msn.com/i/17/D6E7384A9C4D63AFA3D3E22616952.jpg[/img] 

sAlvai dhAn. A clipping shown in Vijay TV seem to give the impression that he is not wearing a shirt and covering up with the sAlvai

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    A report on Thalaivar's speech at Kalaingar's Ilaiyngan isai veLiyeedu. The tidbit about Ilaiyaraaja will interest the usual suspects

http://onlysuperstar.com/?p=9528
    That titbit is this :

‘சந்திரமுகி’ படம் உருவானப்போ, அதுல இளையராஜா மியூசிக் போட்டா நல்லா இருக்குமுன்னு யோசிச்சேன். ஏன்னா அது மியூசிக்கல் சப்ஜெக்ட். ஆனா டிஷ்கசன்ல அதுபற்றி பேசாம போயிட்டேன். அதுக்கு பிறகு ஞாபகம் வந்து இளையராஜாவ போடுங்கன்னு சொன்னப்போ வித்யாசாகரை போட்டுட்டதா சொன்னாங்க. அவரு நல்ல பண்ணுவார்னு சொன்னாங்க. சொன்ன மாதிரியே பண்ணினார்.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    A report on Thalaivar's speech at Kalaingar's Ilaiyngan isai veLiyeedu. The tidbit about Ilaiyaraaja will interest the usual suspects

http://onlysuperstar.com/?p=9528
    That titbit is this :

‘சந்திரமுகி’ படம் உருவானப்போ, அதுல இளையராஜா மியூசிக் போட்டா நல்லா இருக்குமுன்னு யோசிச்சேன். ஏன்னா அது மியூசிக்கல் சப்ஜெக்ட். ஆனா டிஷ்கசன்ல அதுபற்றி பேசாம போயிட்டேன். அதுக்கு பிறகு ஞாபகம் வந்து இளையராஜாவ போடுங்கன்னு சொன்னப்போ வித்யாசாகரை போட்டுட்டதா சொன்னாங்க. அவரு நல்ல பண்ணுவார்னு சொன்னாங்க. சொன்ன மாதிரியே பண்ணினார்.
    Oho appdiyaa?
    Naanga kaelvi patta varaikkum..
    Shivaji films approach IR for moonmoonji and IR says - idhukkellaam Vidhyasaagare podhum and rest is geography..
    idhukkum ippo abaara natchathram solli irukaradhukkum nallave tally aavudhuba.
    Usual suspectsnaa summaava?
    gumthalakadi gummaava?
    Keyser Soze mannippaaraga.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

// சந்திரமுகி’ படம் உருவானப்போ, அதுல இளையராஜா மியூசிக் போட்டா நல்லா இருக்குமுன்னு யோசிச்சேன். ஏன்னா அது மியூசிக்கல் சப்ஜெக்ட். ஆனா டிஷ்கசன்ல அதுபற்றி பேசாம போயிட்டேன். அதுக்கு பிறகு ஞாபகம் வந்து இளையராஜாவ போடுங்கன்னு சொன்னப்போ வித்யாசாகரை போட்டுட்டதா சொன்னாங்க. அவரு நல்ல பண்ணுவார்னு சொன்னாங்க. சொன்ன மாதிரியே பண்ணினார்.

//

Very good Mr.Superstar !
    Do you want people to believe this ? Music was not taken up in film discussion ???
    You spoiled a classic film "Manichithra thaazh" by remaking it in Tamil as a cheap comedy ! and you dare to call it a "musical subject" !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    avlo gyabaga maradhiya ivarukku ?

what next ? for "xyz" i thought of IR, but, while eating idly for breakfast, it slipped my mind, and somehow Deva got signed!

bringing up that issue at this event,does not help him earn/score any brownie point(s) with IR, and in fact, raises the question as to why he even raised it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    For Annamalai : They did ask for IR even though it was for kavithalaya IR suggested Karthik Raja and IR was also busy with symphony..Rajni refused and went to deva - Kadaiya Nijama

Maniratnam went to IR for iruvar but IR Declined Kathaiya Nijama

KB went to IR for kalki and IR asked for huge money and KB declined..Kathaiya Nijama

I dont know why Rajni mentions IR's name everywhere even during Kuselan he did mention his name

We all know Rajni wont go to IR