Page 24 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    நண்பர்காள்,

வம்பு இருக்கட்டும். 20 லட்சச் சண்டைக்குப்பிறகும் அழகர்சாமி குதிரைக்கு இசையமைப்பாளர் ராஜாதானே? ஐயா முறைச்சுகிட்டு வெளியே வந்துடலியே? அவங்க இவரை விட்டுட்டு தேவிஸ்ரீபிரசாத்கிட்ட ஓடிடலியே? அதைமட்டும் யாராச்சும் உறுதி செய்யுங்க ப்ளீஸ். ரொம்ப டென்ஷனாக்கீது!

NagaS
    NagaS

My Blog (Tamil): http://nchokkan.wordpress.com/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    karlkalyan,

Whether the producer agrees or not, it is his / her prerogative. The music director can tell his preference and later I guess it is upto the producer. So why jump on the music director for having suggested it. As you say, Gautham Menon wants to stick to his budget and maybe Raja will do the movie as per the budget. And there ends the matter.

I think lot of people may not be in agreement with you that the Oboe that emanates out of the synthesizer is equivalent to an acoustic one. So I guess we will disagree here. similarly, I would think that Raja knows a thing or two about the playing of the Hungarian musicians vis-a-vis our musicians. As I had said earlier, he is using our musicians wherever he can and wants to bring in top quality foreign musicians only when required.

irir123 has hit the nail on the head. I read a joke in Anantha Vikatan today. The director is telling someone, "This is a complete village subject film. The music release will be held overseas." The amount of money being spent on marketing is enormous nowadays. The motto seems to be "Forget the quality of the product per se. Lets get some good marketing tamasha going on." Raja asking for better musicians is akin to a cameraman asking for better lens. The impact on quality is bound to be high. If the producer chooses not to, as I said it is his / her right. The ultimate losers is people like us.
    at the risk of sounding judgemental, I must say that most of the desi makkals I have encountered here in the US have very superficial preferences regarding anything - there is no deep-rooted passion to learn/understand/appreciate things - be it art, science or sport - IMO, a substantial percentage of the 'see-it-now-forget-it-thereafter' makkals get very easily swayed by glitzy marketed products rather than objectively looking at things and deciding for themselves whether they like it or not!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai, not so fast. Everything raja was targetted for, people are defending their own idols on the same count now
    You feel the mosquito only when it pinches you.
    The established norms for humility etc are gettting broken now.
    Mainstream media will continue to be conservative but what of that? We have our small victories

Post Thanks / Like
    irir123,

Forget people coming to US. It is exactly the same here. As I wrote in a brief review of one recent album / bgm of a famous film, "Technology at his disposal, money at his disposal and the music director creates disposable music." How to recover the money over the first weekend is the general problem now, for Bollywood, Kollywood or Tollywood. So the quality is looked into only if it adds to the sales. Else you can always have a great launch!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    very superficial preferences regarding anything - there is no deep-rooted passion to learn/understand/appreciate things - be it art, science or sport
    <digression>

Thats the definition of "desi", be it here in US or in India. Desi world start and end in "Bribe/Money-Movie-Sex-Cricket".

Happened to be in TN last week, OMG. Here I am, fighting to remove a T-Mobile tower near our area (risk to child and nervous system in general), there in Chennai, there is a huge marketting going on to install CellPhone tower in your own home (motta maadi) for Rs 5000. Next page, there is an ad for reversing the effect (towerukku thaayaththu kattidaraangapa!). Unfreaking believable.

God only save our people from such madness!

</digression>
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    To all the doubters, a very nice interview of Raja by Myskkin. Same questions as asked here asked and answered. Gives a clear idea of Raja's understanding of cinema and of BGM.

Our Sanjeevi posted the link in twitter. Here it is:

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/illayaraja-3/

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    To all the doubters, a very nice interview of Raja by Myskkin. Same questions as asked here asked and answered. Gives a clear idea of Raja's understanding of cinema and of BGM.

Our Sanjeevi posted the link in twitter. Here it is:

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/illayaraja-3/
    Yes, that's an excellent interview. The most interesting part to me, especially when Mysskin tells that for a scene he wrote 4 pages of dialogue when a son comes to meet the mother. He even tried taking that shot some 20 times and admits that he failed as a director and writer and decides only music can talk at sub-text level, not the dialogues, for such scenes.
    And the whole background score prior to above discussion (for the same scene, I think, which they were talking about), scintillating

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IR listed in Shah Rukh's Ra.One in which Sukhwinder sings a song. Onnum puriyaliye...!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra.One lists IR and Hans Zimmer...

Sukhwinder sings in Ra.One under IR.. http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sukhwi...e1-582118.aspx

Am I late in these news? Indhiyavukku sudhandhiram kedachaachaa?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kingvj
    IR listed in Shah Rukh's Ra.One in which Sukhwinder sings a song. Onnum puriyaliye...!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra.One lists IR and Hans Zimmer...

Sukhwinder sings in Ra.One under IR.. http://www.hindustantimes.com/Sukhwi...e1-582118.aspx

Am I late in these news? Indhiyavukku sudhandhiram kedachaachaa?
    incorrect news reports.
    no need to worry.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    http://urssimbu.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post_28.html

இந்தப் பாடலைக் கேட்கும்போது நம்மையறியாமல் கண்கள் குளமாவதைத் தடுக்க முடியாது, அந்தளவுக்கு நெகிழ்ச்சியும் உணர்வுகளும் கலந்து நம்மை
    உருக்கமாய் உணர்வுகளூடே பயணித்து கரைய வைத்திருக்கிறார் ராகதேவன் பாடல்களுக்கு இடையே வரும்( interlude) இசை கூட நம்மை ஏதோ செய்கிறது,மற்றொன்று ராகதேவனின் குரல்,இந்தப் பாடலை ராஜாவைத்தவிர வேறு பாடகர்கள் பாடினால் இந்தளவுக்கு நம்மை உருக்கமாய் நெகிழவைத்திருக்க முடியுமா என்பது சந்தேகம்தான், அந்தளவுக்கு ராஜாவின் குரலும் ஜீவனும் நம்மை கட்டிப்போடுகிறது.