Thread: Pizza II - Villa.......!

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Track list..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PA PA => Pisasu Padal (English title vaikanum-na : I saw a Ghost)

Rock chumma Rocking ! Santosh Narayanan pondhu vilai-adi irrukurar. Some sort of reply to Rajesh Murugesan's Angel Short film score.

And my "Gana Bala" Playlist is filiing up quite quickly. "Dhinakutha" to "Pa Pa" => Kalakal

By the way, any info on the lyricist Ganesh Kumar B ?
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    This weekend you got a chance to visit the haunted "VILLA"

Villa Movie Songs (Tamil : 2013)
    Music : Santhosh Narayanan
    spl. mention : Lyricist Ganesh Kumar B

"We are making a "Ghost" movie."
    2 mark question - Define Pisasu in 4 lines :

Vaazhvum karaithu anubavam tholaithu
    piravi payanai thedi pidungida
    kuruthi mazhaiyil sotta nanaindhu
    unarchi illaa ulagam padaikkiraen

"Music please, that has to be melodious, at the same time haunting" => Villa Movie Sound Track

As they wish to mark the movie as Pizza II, the songs come under the same roof. Santhosh Narayanan begins from where he left, just that he has improvised a lot on drawing in the melody with some astonishing chilling effects which clearly potrays Villa. By-heart the tunes, you are all ready to experience Villa Visuals. The most advantageous aspect of the album is its shortness. Each song / tune is too small that difinetly increases the thrist making a need to quench by listening to them once again. Not only the opening are note worthy, the hallowness the end notes bringout is a major plus. There are in total 6 pieces in the album with various sub-genres that start from mysterious and ends with suspense without deviating from the main which is obviously the scare factor. There are 4 songs with lyrics, 1 theme music and finaly an instrumental.

1/ Boomiyil :
    If you liked "Moga Thirai", here is a chance to rethink. This song is like calling a "2 heroes subject" - the guitar and the vocals fight with each other. And then the melody and the violin comes as plesant twists. I allow you to breathe in all the wonderful words that sync with the rythm just like the waters caressing the rocks while flowing. Quite fluid and plesant.

2/ Disco Women
    The beauty of the song is not only the vocals (I adore the way she sings "Woman"), but the entire sound setup. Its neither a try on long lost Disco music nor in reproducing it, but this is a pure Disco those which topped the charts in the 80s (Remember Billboard !). Talking about disco and how its related to Ghosts (a funny comparison) - Disco music is like a "Pei Attam". An external forces takes over you which make you do those movements those which are strange ... LoL. How can one forget "Jimmy Jimmy" from Disco Dancer. Similarly, this song has all those sounds and breaks which is not only charming but brings back "old-memories".

3/ Kannum Gnyanam
    Save some ears for the opening. Then take a walk with the hums. Thats what I was talking about in the intro - "melody with some astonishing chilling effects". They have largely suceeded in bringing in the depth from the vocals - many may disagree with me, but S Janaki can bring that quite naturally. Here not only the singer but with the help of all the technology avancements, they have recorded this song that brings out quite voluntarly the concept in question.

4/ Pa Pa
    Santhosh Narayanan is getting more perfect during his journey in TFI. Actually the english lyrics should have been vocaly more violent, if you follow the strict rules of Rock. But whether "our" audience would understand it. So he comes up with a beautiful blend, that could satisfy any Rock Music lover as well as enjoyed by anyone who has an immense interest in music. The lead guitar is simply superb which follows thouroughly the vocals of Gana Bala. And the Humming followed by the "batterie" (drum kit) is a pure "head-banging-experience". The only regret I had was with the Bass - 2 or 3 threads more would have been smashing, but hey I am not a composor and after what Santosh has given, asking anything more is punishable by Judge Dreed.

5/ The Villa (Theme Music)
    By the time you journey through the album, you will be almost familar with the theme music, as its an item largely used in most of the pieces. But, having a seperate track for it using an orchestra stamps the theme a permanent place in any OST playlist.

6/ Varaipadam
    Its a ballad between the keys and strings. Just like any IR masterpiece (please listen to How to Name or Nothing but wind), this melody focuses very well on breathing. Certainly at a point of time you have an immense fulfilment in your lungs, thats the point where the sounds have completely taken you over. A piece to experience.

The creativity behind the music has to be appreciated. It has to be shared with Deepan. Right from the poster (like I had said before, symetry cannot be dismissed in them. Take the Lighthouse one, oneside sea, the other side land and note the artwork + add the creepy hand thats crawling => amazing. Same with the paintbrugh and the type writer posters), so right from the posters to the music, the team has assembled together few interesting brains. From this point, I can predict that if the "fear factor" is quite measured and surplus in Villa, its a movie to look out for.

Villa Album : Embracing Dhigil (Fear)

PS : Please listen to the songs on a good sound system. Eventhough I hate to talk this way, but at times there comes a work where there is more exictement than appreciations. At these time I feel obliged to ask you to please listen to the songs on a good sound system and avoid using laptops or youtube links. Villa on a good sound system allows you to take in all the new sound items integrated within through a master recording technics and during each listen changes the listening experience drastically. Thanks.
    Last edited by mappi; 6th September 2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    "Antha Oudu Venna sir" (@1m42s) : Good luck to you Kali, nice to see you again on big screen.

"Painting Pei" Trailer super. Just saw it in "max volume". The crow's caw-la irrunthu Pa pa paba varrikum super-a panni iruganga.
    By the by, who is "Stunts 'Billa' Jagan" (@1m24s).

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kind off getting addicted to Kaanum Gnyaanam- an arresting piece with an equally arresting voice. Coming to the movie, one film that set the bar for ghost thrillers was 'The Shining'. Apart from the spooks, it had an undercurrent of themes and motfis that ran across the movie giving a lot of food for thought. And the reason I am bringing the Kubrik classic here is the obvious similarities between the protagonists. Both of them struggling writers, forced to get into a place they dont want to be. I am presuming a lot of things about the movie. But lets just see as to what aspects the film touches upon. Another intriguing thing that I noticed was the extensive use of orange/yellow.Its pretty apparent in the trailer itself. Wonder how they would put it use in the film. Any idea as to when the movie is releasing.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Movie to release on Oct 2 along with Idharku Thaane Aasaipattai Balakumara.....

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/2901/p...a-release-date

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boomiyil- Another song that's got me hooked. Quite a synchrony between the vocals, the guitar and the lyrics especially at ' Unadhariginil uyir urigidum bodhu muga oliyinil endhan iravugal neelum' and 'iru vizhigalum puthu kavithaigal paadum nizhal padkikkaiyil thinnam urnagida naanum' . Another winner from Pradeep. Hope he keeps up the good work.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Directed by : Deepan Chakravarthy
    Thiruchi Loganathan's son? I hope not

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 19thmay View Post
    Thiruchi Loganathan's son? I hope not
    Did you see my pms?
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast