Page 64 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vidyasakaran View Post
    It was only about the decision to cast Gowtami, I think.
    Am not sure what he was referring to.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...topnavdropdown

"Now that I’ve seen the film, I can confidently say that she’s perfect in the role. This also made me realise that no matter how experienced one is in the film industry, an outside perspective (Jeethu’s, in this case) can sometimes be a great thing.”

Yes,referring to Gauthami but still holds good overall,that is if he recognizes it
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cinefan - Kamal - like IR - sets very high standards for his craft - unlike IR who works behind the screen, Kamal has to be seen in a film, coz he is an unwitting star...

Given this standard he has set for himself, unless a script comes along that interests him, he is not going to accept it - with the exceptions being KSR etc..

I wonder what someone like KSR would say about talents like Jeethu Joseph...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    U.S. and Canada Box Office
    Weekend of Jul. 03, 2015 -Jul. 05, 2015

Papanasam Prime Media Pictures $235,000(weekend gross) $273,000(cumulative gross) 1wkend 80(theaters)

Source NY times.

Seems like it did better on Sunday than other days. Hoping it does well for the next couple of weeks ...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    It's Saturday not Sunday....Wonder why the movie's just doing average business....Guess people are waiting for a good quality online version....You can get them legally you know through Tentkotta et al....
    Hi Arvind

Is the legal print really available on Tentkotta or some other site?? I just tried opening Tentkotta page but the page does not open at this moment, will keep trying
    but it will be great for people like me who have no source of watching it other than Tentkotta type of sites so if you have any further info, please give, thanks.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we
    take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Not yet...Probably in a few weeks. A good number of student friends use tentkotta. They don't mind waiting for the movies to release online and also find it inexpensive since they share the monthly membership amongst themselves.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan View Post
    irir,

The role is a cake walk for actor Kamal. This is not a role you would call challenging.The film is more a success for the writer/director and actor Kamal elevated it to a very high zone

This film will look okayish for the admirer/fan of the Guna, Mahanadhi, Hey Ram,UV kind of films.

At the same time he is terrific in the role and I personally loved him playing a simple man very casually.

For me,who avoided watching Drishyam when I came to know that KH is playing it in Tamil,it's a satisfactory film both as a fan and looking at the common audience feedback.

My parents ventured into a theatre after 7 years and they loved it.The buzz from the audience after the show ended,the claps for the now famous 'Expression",the claps at the actual revelation,the claps at the emotional outburst at the climax and when the end titles start rolling,all these were : goosebump: moments for the fan boy in me.

Since he is already 60,he needs such films,one every year so that he gets the investments for his off-beat-within-commercial-format films.

He has reportedly told(not exact words) that PN for him is a lesson that some times an outside perspective(this case Jeetu Joseph)is required.

I just hope these are not words-for-effect but he starts implementing them by working on interesting scripts even if the role per-se is not going to challenge him.

PN is a kind of reiteration that if KH wants,he can get the common man to flock to the theatres and all the talk of him having lost the common audience permanently is bunkum.

It's also a reiteration that after 42 + years as an adult actor,playing possibly all kinds of roles,he can still conjure up fresh actions/reactions to common situations in a film.

He is still a Class act when he carries no baggage and in that kind of form,it's impossible for anyone,repeat anyone, to come anywhere close to him.
    Good post CF... Papanasam made u writing a long post like this...

I too like to see him acting in others scripts often... He is an excellent writer, no doubt but need to act in other directors movie as well.
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    ^ Not yet...Probably in a few weeks. A good number of student friends use tentkotta. They don't mind waiting for the movies to release online and also find it inexpensive since they share the monthly membership amongst themselves.
    Thanks Arvind, same here, usually wait for good prints and then watch the movies, but for this one - very desperate to watch it soon You can also recomment Herotalkies.com to your friends, it has a collection of over 200 movies and has good prints, watched UV recently on herotalkies, can purchase individual movie or subscribe on monthly basis
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we
    take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Girish11 View Post
    Thanks Arvind, same here, usually wait for good prints and then watch the movies, but for this one - very desperate to watch it soon You can also recomment Herotalkies.com to your friends, it has a collection of over 200 movies and has good prints, watched UV recently on herotalkies, can purchase individual movie or subscribe on monthly basis
    Sure. I will. Thank you
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஏலே என்ன கிண்டலா! ஒங்களுக்கெல்லாம் படாத எடத்துல பந்துபட்ட மாதிரி ஆளு டான்ஸ் ஆட்னா புடிக்கும்! செவத்துப் பயபுள்ள! நீயெல்லாம் சிவாஜி பத்தி!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...