Thread: Shamitabh | Maestro | Amitabh | Dhanush | Balki | P. C. Sreeram

Hybrid View

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Synths, computers, loops, etc. are just tools that can either be used well or used poorly, depending on who is using them. They're not magic boxes that automatically produce great music. In the hands of capable composers and programmers, electronics are capable of producing some evocative sounds and soundscapes not possible with acoustic instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    I think people need to step back and ponder whether it is really all the accumulated baggage of memories of past IR classics, more than anything, that gets in the way of appreciating what he does these days. Sure, production may at times be an issue as also the singer selection but I don't seem to remember either of these getting in the way of hailing a composition like En Vaaniley or Deiviga Raagam, any number of Jency tracks really.
    I didn't grow up listening to a ton of 80s IR music, so I am still discovering a lot of those gems, but there are some 80s albums that I have recently heard for the first time and listened to over and over as if they were brand new albums. Perhaps I have the baggage of liking the overall 80s IR sound, even if don't have the baggage of those specific albums.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragun View Post
    Synths, computers, loops, etc. are just tools that can either be used well or used poorly, depending on who is using them. They're not magic boxes that automatically produce great music. In the hands of capable composers and programmers, electronics are capable of producing some evocative sounds and soundscapes not possible with acoustic instruments.

I didn't grow up listening to a ton of 80s IR music, so I am still discovering a lot of those gems, but there are some 80s albums that I have recently heard for the first time and listened to over and over as if they were brand new albums. Perhaps I have the baggage of liking the overall 80s IR sound, even if don't have the baggage of those specific albums.

Last week downloaded from Itunes...Uravadam Nenjam- Oru Naal unnodu oru Naal getting mad after countless listening and sound look like digitalised ? can somebody confirm this