Thread: 16 Vayathinile

Hybrid View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i used to have some dislike for the popular late 70's and early 80's songs in my young age, esp songs from Nizhalgal (other than pon maalai pozhuthu song) and many BR movie songs, mohan songs etc, came to appreciate those songs only in the satellite and audio cd era when heard them in digital sound...... also was in awe of them when i heard those songs in orchestras...... only then i realized, my perception on the songs were due to the quality of those songs where i heard from mono speakers (FM radios and dd channels) and saw in poor quality film prints......

Also i always had this doubt, most of the films that came before 70's (from late 50's onwards) had good prints and good quality sound tracks.... even the color films that came during 60's (Eastmen color) were of rich quality compared to most of the films that came in 70s, is there any reason to it? or is it just me who thinks like that way?
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    i used to have some dislike for the popular late 70's and early 80's songs in my young age, esp songs from Nizhalgal (other than pon maalai pozhuthu song) and many BR movie songs, mohan songs etc, came to appreciate those songs only in the satellite and audio cd era when heard them in digital sound...... also was in awe of them when i heard those songs in orchestras...... only then i realized, my perception on the songs were due to the quality of those songs where i heard from mono speakers (FM radios and dd channels) and saw in poor quality film prints......

Also i always had this doubt, most of the films that came before 70's (from late 50's onwards) had good prints and good quality sound tracks.... even the color films that came during 60's (Eastmen color) were of rich quality compared to most of the films that came in 70s, is there any reason to it? or is it just me who thinks like that way?
    Technology has had quite a lot of effect on the film music at various stages. The youngster of today can never appreciate the quality of work dished out few decades back because of technology differences. The taste of today's generation too is more towars the westernised songs than of yesterday. However the artists of each generation did their best to dish out the best liked by that generation. Claiming that my generation had the best actor , best Director, Best MD and all is fan boyish and claiming that they are the best of the century and all as if we are experts in that field is not correct. Some of them here often make comments of this sort and that is the reason this comparison was made.