Thread: Ilaiyaraja's New Albums 2016-18, News and Titbits

Hybrid View

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Tharai Thappattai" movie - Music was mindblowing Songs sounded great when the audio was released but along with the movie, they just got better. For instance, "vadhana vadhana Vadivelane" didn't impress that much on first listen but along with the movie, it was awesome. I thought "aattakkaari maaman ponnu" wasn't included in the movie even though I heard the prelude just before the "vadhana vadhana Vadivelane" song. RR was just...brilliant. Yet another instance of music elevating the movie to another level. I cannot think of anyone who could have come up with a more perfect score for this movie.

I don't like Bala but his movies are something else and I can hardly wait to watch them even though I know they will be "darker than dark". They leave some impact on you for even days. That is why Bala the director is special. In the current generation, he is probably the best to bring out the best in anyone, including Raja. Movie was great until about the second part of the second half. The villain gave a good performance but kodutha kaasukku mela koovinaar. Sasi finding Varalaxmi was cinematic. Re: the song that trolls actors, was it Raja who mixed that? They played Vijay's Shahjahan song, Suriya's Singam, Kamal's Indian, Rajni's murattu kaalai. I don't think Raja would have even heard those songs and I don't think anyone, even Bala, would dare to ask Raja to compose something that would mock these songs. Must have been some assistant.

Varalaxmi did great. Kunthaani (no offence) maadhiri irunthukittu enna aattam. Music appadi.

The theme used in the climax was out of the world. I liked the hero theme too even though reviews said it was very predictable and nothing special.

Raja sir, needoozhi vaazhga.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement