Thread: P.U.Chinnappa

Hybrid View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Siddharthan (@ 140.*) on: Fri Jun 18 13:46:37 EDT 1999

I like Chinnapa's acting very much. He was a hero from the drama stage and that has given a lot of experience to him. He does sword fencing in most films perfectly. I love the song "Deva magal ival yaar" (Raga : Mand) from Kannagi. Kannagi is a very good film depicting Ilangovadigal's epic. I am sure that no one can create a better version of the story. And in that movie Chinnappa does best as Kovalan. His voice is very good that it adds grace to the dialogues. Recently I saw Kannagi in Madras when it was screened by a old film club enjoyed the movie very much. I hope to see many such films especially PUC's. I think PUC acted in some 30 films and sadly many have been lost, and with it our culture also has been lost. I strongly feel that films of the 30's and 40's had the true essence of movies. This was because movies were at its infancy. As it grew, it has taken a wrong course and it is much polluted as our environment today. Infant Indian cenima had lots of values to tell our new generation. I wish we popularise those old films, preserve it, so that we may preserve our past and our culture.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement