View Poll Results: Dhanush is ............

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Excellent Actor

11 14.67%
  • A good actor

30 40.00%
  • An average actor

16 21.33%
  • A lousy actor

18 24.00%
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New releases of Dhanush

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer
    i went to the movie, returned from theatre after interval..

KOnjam Vitta odinju Vizhunthuduvaar pola Dhanush,

NO more Interest to watch Dhanush movies in Theatres, How long Tamil Audiences will accept These kind of heros..
    yes exactly..... .....oru Ajith,Madhavan range-ukku illama irundha kooda parava illa, atleast oru jayam ravi,simbhu range-ukku irundha kooda ok......

Heroes like Dhanush give an impression that "yaar venumnalum Tamil-la hero-va aaga mudiyum-nnu oru impression varudhu"
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Boy next door' image has made him click.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy ultimately talent is what is important in tamil cinema....looks is mostly used for commercial purposes...to me dhanush has adequate looks and has great raw acting skills in the process of still being polished...i prefer him to simbu...who despite being a good actor wastes himself in unnecessary vulgar movies..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rediff gives 3.5 stars for TA !

Old wine, brand new bottle

December 19, 2006 14:47 IST

Just when you thought filmdom had outgrown it, here comes another in the poor boy-rich girl genre.

What elevates Thiruvilaiyadal Arambam out of the hoary genre is the light-hearted treatment of the story of charismatic rogue Thiru Kumar (Dhanush), who flips for the ever-smiling Priya (Shriya, who has been hitting headlines as Rajnikanth's heroine in the Shankar-helmed blockbuster Sivaji).

The hero's forthrightness and perseverance, brought out through a series of comic escapades, helps him win her heart -- only for Priya's overprotective older brother Guru (Prakash Raj) to throw a spanner in the works.

Guru tries all the usual tricks -- getting the hero beaten up, offering him huge amounts of money; Thiru's response goes against convention, surprising everyone with his antics and rakish charm.

The film is driven by a witty script and dialogues that are genuinely funny without ever slipping across the border into the vulgar.

A foot-tapping soundtrack (D Imman) and flamboyant picturisation of the songs add to the interest level.

Director Boopathy Pandian has a tight hold on pacing, ensuring that the interest never flags. This is his second outing with Dhanush, having earlier helmed Devadhai Kandaen; the two obviously have a rapport going, and this helps the director tap into Dhanush's sense of comedic timing.

The two male leads complement each other with �lan; Prakash Raj is the aggressive, imposing figure, combating immense frustration while dealing with the cheeky Dhanush.

The captivating Shriya does not have much chance of showing off her acting ability; she spends most of the movie overshadowed by the male leads.

The real reason to watch Thiruvilaiyadal Aarambam is Dhanush, who epitomises the new age hero: he is no superman, he is not even close to perfect, and he is thoroughly unapologetic about it all.

His character's philosophy ought to go down well with the present generation, just for its courage and endearing frankness.

Rediff Rating: 3.5
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dhanush, Gowtham come together
    IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 22, 2006]

The good response for Thiruvilayadal Arambam has thrilled Dhanush. Now, he has commenced shooting for his next movie Desiya Nedunchalai.

Meanwhile, the actor has reportedly agreed to do a movie for Gowtham Menon. One of the sought-afer directors in Tamil film industry, Gowtham is directing Suriya and Kuthu fame Ramya for Varanam Ayiram. Also his Pachaikili Muthusaram starring Sarath Kumar and Jyothika is ready for release.

Gowtham will direct Dhanush for a movie to be produced by his Photon Factor. It would have music by Harris Jayaraj.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY[b
    ]Hero-nna konjam paarkara madhiri irukkanum........this guy is the worst tamil cinema can ever get in terms of looks.......its so embarassing to see him as a hero in tamil......[/b]
    now, how do u want me to believe that Sherin(where is she now? ), Sonia Agarwal, Chaaya Singh, Shreya and all to fall in love with such a bad looking guy and that too undying love.... .........i've never been able to get beyond his looks to see his acting talent.....

Hulk, reg that Kamal-Dhanush comparison that u attempted - Some people are born great, some people are forced into greatnes ........i hope ppl. dont consider Kamal the latter....
    heyy...he is a very good actor...why do u want looks...kadhal kondein and pudhupetai were outstanding!

simbu is very embarrasing....really!

how does denzil washingtom look?...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    yes i forgot sindhu tholani who loves him madly in Sullan......how can directors get so illogical??
    1) Have you seen Devayani's husband ? [Not that she's a good looker herself, but still...]
    2) Have you seen the naattuppura padal couple (Krishnaswamy or someone)?

Inaarukku inaarendru
    Thevar Magan sonnaan andru

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Maddy,
    Even in Bollywood where looks is often more important than substance you have Nana Patekar
    - NOT comparing NP with Dhanusu

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    yes i forgot sindhu tholani who loves him madly in Sullan......how can directors get so illogical??
    1) Have you seen Devayani's husband ? [Not that she's a good looker herself, but still...]
    2) Have you seen the naattuppura padal couple (Krishnaswamy or someone)?

Inaarukku inaarendru
    Thevar Magan sonnaan andru
    pushpavanam kuppusaamy!

why go to them...superstars daughter loved this sullaan....in reality!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber kamalsurya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not say he is a very good actor but he can act if given the correct guidance...Take a look at the films he has done exceptionally well in terms of acting. It was KK and PP.And both time the director was Selva and he did more than what people expected of him. But when u put him in a flim with avg directors like in the movies Sullan,Thiruda Thirudi. He looks pathetic.So I would say he needs alot of coaching and guidance, I think he just does what a director tells him to do, maybe he does not try to improvise or do anything extra.Btw how is his new movie i heard it open big?

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast