Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Nandhalala : Myskin

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    irir123 ,
    I thought Nanadhalala had a decent opening only because of the 'delay' and the resulting curiosity associated with that . IMHO, it is still having decent crowds in multiplex with 2 shows a day , which is OK .

Movies without the commercial formula like AT have tasted success. But nandhala is visually over powering with lot of sub texts that it takes a practice to appreciate such movies. SOmehow i could not identify with the characters , but identified with the Philosphy of it here ! You don't expect ' What next' in a journey, you just experience it .

In case of AT , there was no such thing. It has a simple , lovable story,presentation and direction . All you need is to identify with the characters and the story will take care of not making u see the watch .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    saw movie! impressed with BGM at lot of places but most of them didnt register in mind.

பல இடங்களில் மெலிதாய் அழுதேன்! ராஜா செண்டிமெண்ட்? மிஸ்கின்? இசை? புரியல!! ஆனாலும் இந்த பீலிங் நல்லா இருந்தது.

பாடல் கள் குறைவாகவே பயன்பட்டிருந்தது. அதுவே போதும். தாலாட்டு கேட்க நானும், என்று ராசா ஆரம்பிக்க, கண்ணீரை கட்டுப்படுத்தமுடியவில்லை

நண்பர் சுரேஷ் எல்லா பின்னணி இசையையும் தரவிறக்க சுட்டி வைத்திருக்கிறார். மீண்டும் அதை பல முறை கேட்ட பின்னர், ராஜா இன்னும் பல பல விஷயங்கள் செய்திருக்கலாம், கொஞ்சம் ரொம்பவே மிஸ் பண்ணிட்டார் என்றே தோன்றுகிறது. காரணம், பல இடங்களில் காட்சி மூலம் கதை செல்கிறது. வசனம் பல இடங்களில் இல்லை.

பல இடங்களில் பின்னணி இசை ஒரு கருவியில் வாசிக்கப்படாமல் பல கோர்வை உள்ளது. இதை தவிர்த்து ஒரு டியூன் ஒரு கருவி என்று நச்சென்று தந்திருக்கலாமோ என்று தோன்றுகிறது.

படம் முழுக்க வரும் மைய இசை இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் நன்றாக இருந்திருக்கலாம் என்று படுகிறது.

எது எப்படியோ, பல இடங்களில் என் கண்களில் கண்ணீர். அதுவே போதும். ஆயிரம் பாராட்டுப்பதிவுகள் தரும் நெகிழ்ச்சியை ஒரு சொட்டு கண்ணீர் தந்தது
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UFnSMe4g2s...lery_thumb.jpg

this ad was released during audio launch.

appove mysskin name comes under raja. great!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar

பல இடங்களில் பின்னணி இசை ஒரு கருவியில் வாசிக்கப்படாமல் பல கோர்வை உள்ளது. இதை தவிர்த்து ஒரு டியூன் ஒரு கருவி என்று நச்சென்று தந்திருக்கலாமோ என்று தோன்றுகிறது.

படம் முழுக்க வரும் மைய இசை இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் நன்றாக இருந்திருக்கலாம் என்று படுகிறது.
    Cannot agree more. This is my crib with all of IR's recent BGM works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the movie yesterday ..My thoughts

When I saw the original a few years back (I watched this movies even before Nandalala was launched), it was not the "Searching for mother" that was the predominant theme. The theme (atleast what I got out of the movie) is accpetance of socially outcast people. Every person in the movie that they encountered, they socially considered "weird" including Myskin's character. When they all come together to bring a smile in the face of the little boy whose search ended in disconsolence, they all brought a cheer in our psyche that we should give everyone a chance.

Myshkin cleverly adapted the screenplay to centralize on the mother theme. This movie is more than "inspired". I saw an interview where one asked him "why do characters in the movie look down all the time?" and he explained "helplessness!" . That was a lie straight from the heart. If you watched the original, thats how they all start the shot. Its a commom begiining shot of a scene in most japanese movies that I have seen. I concur with all of you who says that he should have credited the movie in the cards.

But thats not taking anything away from Myshkin, his shots were unbelievable and textbook to anyone who wants to be different. The angle and pan of the camera, is something noone has witnessed within the format of tamil cinema. HIs vision of the movie is way better than the original. Here is one guy who understands the medium in its truest sense. Wide angle shots reiterates his vision of storytelling. Bravo Myskin. After Mani demise as a story teller in Raavan, you are the one whom we will look forward to holding the torch in the future. But Bala remains our most original voice ever seen in Tamil Cinema.

About Raja's score. He might have been compelled by Myskin ont he use of silence. Towrds the end, my eyes and the score had reached a mutual understanding. Cry Violin Cry!!. I woudlnt go to the extent of calling it his best score. Since this movie is silent most of the time, it was the music which spoke most of the time. I still think he could have exploded in certain scenes. (which is strictly my expectation of IR). The original movies score (rain/summer) will be hard to beat. But Raja scores in certain scenes where he was presented the oppurtunity to do it. Overall great but cud have been spectacular coz I dont imagine any of the movie in the distant furture where he will have this opportunity.

It was a tribute to Tamil Cinema at its best. Take a bow Raja/Myskin.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "why do characters in the movie look down all the time?" and he explained "helplessness!"
    I have read in a blog about how Japanese dont like to make eye contact and their head typically remains bowed out of respect for the other person...
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    பிற மொழி / பிற நாட்டு படங்களை தழுவி/காப்பி அடிப்பது என்பது தவிர்க்க முடியாதது. இதனால் நமக்கும் சில நல்ல திரைப்படங்களை காணும் வாய்ப்பு கிடைப்பதால் நான் இதை எதிர்ப்பதில்லை. மூலத்திற்கு "நன்றி" சொன்னால் நன்றாய் இறக்கும், ஆனால் வணிக/சட்ட காரணங்களுக்காக இதை செய்ய முடிவதில்லை. (சில வருடம் முன் "ஹரி புத்தர்" (sound similar to Harry Potter) என்ற பட தலைப்பை எதிர்த்து Warner Brothers case ஆரம்பித்ததை நீகள் கேள்வி பட்டிருக்கலாம். உலக மயமாக்கலால், இந்த தழுவல்/காப்பி இன்னும் ஒரு 10-15 வருடங்களில் மிக கடினமாகிவிடும்).

இப்படி தழுவி/காப்பி அடித்து எடுக்கும் பொழுது கதை எந்த அளவுக்கு நமது கலாச்சாரத்தை ஒத்து உள்ளது என்பதை கவனிக்க வேண்டும். சில கதைகளை அப்பிடியே அடிக்கலாம் - உதாரணம் அவ்வை ஷண்முகி. சில கதைகளை அப்படியே எடுத்து நமது கலாச்சாரத்திற்கு தகுந்த மாதிரி மாற்றலாம் - நாயகன், தேவர் மகன் போல. சில கதைகள் என்ன செய்தாலும் நமக்கு அந்நியமாகவே தெரியும் - சிகப்பு ரோஜாக்கள், காதல் கொண்டேன் போல. பொதுவாக அன்னியமாக தெரியும் கதைகளை தமிழில் எடுப்பதை தவிர்ப்பது நல்லது.

நான் இன்னும் நந்தலாலா பார்க்கவில்லை - மிஸ்கின் எந்த அளவுக்கு இந்த கதையை நம் கலாச்சாரத்திற்குள் கொண்டு வந்திருக்கிறார் என்று பார்க்க வேண்டும். அதுவே மிஸ்கினின் வெற்றி/தோல்வியை குறிக்கும் (குறைந்த பட்சம் என் பார்வையில்)

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaiganes,
    Thats an interetsing premise. It may be true coz of thier culture.

Genesis,
    Trust Me, Myskin has not alienated the concept. The above mentioned fact regarding people always looking down, I dont know if i have ever seen that in our culture. If you take that apart Myskin has compelled us to believe that the motherly love that the boy longed for is given to the boy from unexpected quarters. I dont know how he could go wrong ont hat one coz mothers love cannot be an alienated concept. The characters he threw on us are very much believable from our cultural point of view.

Myskin's victory is not in the concept. But his thinking as a filmmaker. Just imagine these two scenes

1. He rushes angrily to meet his mother and then he sees a gate in between , take his time to go and swing on the gate while opening it and resumes his walk

2. He keeps scratching his hand on the wall before he goes to meet his mother and then when he walks picking up his mother in his hands, his mother tries to scratch the wall using her toes.

Not in the original, Nobody can even imgine this.

His victory will not be determined if this movie is a commercial success or not. He is now up with Mahendran,BR.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    He is now up with Mahendran,BR.
    அவ்வளவு சீக்கிரம் முடிவு செய்யாதீர்கள். சில வருடங்கள் முன்பு செல்வராகவனை மணி ரத்தினத்தோடு ஒப்பிட்ட மாதிரி ஆகி விட போகிறது.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    Saw the movie yesterday ..My thoughts

It was a tribute to Tamil Cinema at its best. Take a bow Raja/Myskin.
    Well written sloshed - although i found that the 'Taking a bow' and ' shots through legs ' are trademark from Anjathey and not just here .

Wondering whats the effect of seeing too many movies ( mysskin) and almost no foriegn movies ( bala ) .

Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast