Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Nandhalala : Myskin

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ramki..Anjathey had all his trademark expertise is I may so call it..storywise it maybe just another thriller, but they way he maintained the grip on his narration was astounding. I remember I watched "Frost vs Nixon" after that ..Both these movies had me walking ..I just cudnt sit..such was their gripping narration..

Offcourse Myskin reads and watches a lot of foreign movies ..Maybe thats why he dares to be different. A guy who can quote dostoevsky and kitano in his list of reportoire is expected to think differnt.. Bala on the other hand is pure magical..he doesnt come across as a well read person, but he believes in his medium..imagine this for his last two movies

1. An undertaker who grew up in the graveyard, immune to emotions, cries for the first time on seeing a burnt skull. Why?

2. Death is a form of punishment to some and a boon to others.

Try taking these two themes to producers or even think os weaving a narration around them and everytime he tugs ur heart. I watch a lot of international movies I havent come across anything even remotely close to these. Thats why I think Bala is among the most original thinkers.

Musicwise Myshkin is at an advantage (Sunder C Babu did a phenomenal score in both his movies)..whereas Bala surrenders himself before IR ..(I wud still prefer he goes to karthickraja than Yuvan coz I think KR will suit him more) ..Myshkin demands his music that he idetified and grew on with Raja whereas Bala lets the master decide his moves..IMHO..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    ..Myshkin demands his music that he idetified and grew on with Raja whereas Bala lets the master decide his moves..IMHO..
    100% I agree with you.
    Isai ellaigal kadanthathu engum nirainthathu

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But thats not taking anything away from Myshkin, his shots were unbelievable and textbook to anyone who wants to be different. The angle and pan of the camera, is something noone has witnessed within the format of tamil cinema. HIs vision of the movie is way better than the original. Here is one guy who understands the medium in its truest sense. Wide angle shots reiterates his vision of storytelling. Bravo Myskin
    Myskin clearly uses cinema as a visual medium. I am planning to watch this movie again as I need to explore more on this movie..
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K
    ..Myshkin demands his music that he idetified and grew on with Raja whereas Bala lets the master decide his moves..IMHO..
    100% I agree with you.
    may be but there is a common thing for both Bala & Myskin (or like) i.e. the visuals they shot which have capabilities to arouse great music from a great composer like Raaja.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/12/02-nandalala-kanimozhi-boxoffice.html

Fate of Nandhalala. Enna Koduma Sir ithu.

சினிமா என்பது பொழுதுபோக்கு என்ற உண்மையை மறந்துவிட்டு, கலைஞர்கள் தங்கள் திருப்திக்காக எடுக்கும் சினிமாவுக்கு என்ன கதி நேருமோ, அது நந்தலாலாவுக்கும் நேர்ந்திருக்கிறது.

இரண்டாம் கட்ட நகரங்கள் மற்றும் கிராமப்புறங்கள் சார்ந்த திரையரங்குகளிலிருந்து இந்தப் படம் இரண்டே நாட்களில் தூக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. குறைந்தபட்சம் அடுத்த வெள்ளிக்கிழமை வரை கூட படம் தாக்குப் பிடிக்கவில்லை.

நகர்புறங்களில் மிகச் சில திரையரங்குகள் மட்டுமே சுமாரான கூட்டத்துடன், இந்தப் படத்தை ஓட்டிக் கொண்டுள்ளன, அது கூட வரும் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை வரைதான்!

வெள்ளிக்கிழமை 3 புதிய படங்கள் ரிலீஸாவதால், நந்தலாலா தாக்குப்பிடிப்பது கஷ்டம் என்கிறார்கள் விநியோகஸ்தர்கள்.

For some reason, Thatstamil are against this movie from day one.so dont think there is authenticity in the news,Obviously it may have reduced shows in few theatres, but movie is definitely not a flop atleast.

check for the showtimes for the second week and is not too different from the first week atleast in chennai.

http://www.ayngaran.com/frame.php?iframepath=home.php

Sify (who had a 40-60 review of the movie) indicated this movie had 90% occupancy at the multiplexes in the first weekend.

http://sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php...5&cid=13525926

It is not asbad as it appears

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rooky
    http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/12/02-nandalala-kanimozhi-boxoffice.html

Fate of Nandhalala. Enna Koduma Sir ithu.

சினிமா என்பது பொழுதுபோக்கு என்ற உண்மையை மறந்துவிட்டு, கலைஞர்கள் தங்கள் திருப்திக்காக எடுக்கும் சினிமாவுக்கு என்ன கதி நேருமோ, அது நந்தலாலாவுக்கும் நேர்ந்திருக்கிறது.

இரண்டாம் கட்ட நகரங்கள் மற்றும் கிராமப்புறங்கள் சார்ந்த திரையரங்குகளிலிருந்து இந்தப் படம் இரண்டே நாட்களில் தூக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. குறைந்தபட்சம் அடுத்த வெள்ளிக்கிழமை வரை கூட படம் தாக்குப் பிடிக்கவில்லை.

நகர்புறங்களில் மிகச் சில திரையரங்குகள் மட்டுமே சுமாரான கூட்டத்துடன், இந்தப் படத்தை ஓட்டிக் கொண்டுள்ளன, அது கூட வரும் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை வரைதான்!

வெள்ளிக்கிழமை 3 புதிய படங்கள் ரிலீஸாவதால், நந்தலாலா தாக்குப்பிடிப்பது கஷ்டம் என்கிறார்கள் விநியோகஸ்தர்கள்.

For some reason, Thatstamil are against this movie from day one.so dont think there is authenticity in the news,Obviously it may have reduced shows in few theatres, but movie is definitely not a flop atleast.

check for the showtimes for the second week and is not too different from the first week atleast in chennai.

http://www.ayngaran.com/frame.php?iframepath=home.php

Sify (who had a 40-60 review of the movie) indicated this movie had 90% occupancy at the multiplexes in the first weekend.

http://sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php...5&cid=13525926

It is not asbad as it appears
    There are a lot of disgruntled Asst.Directors who are using their press contacts to malign this movie.. If they are doing this, then Mysskin sonnadhula thappe Illai. When you take up the position of Asst Director, instead of trying to understand what a director is implying, if you keep junking like a monkey with pants on fire, then you are not fit to progress into the role of a director.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    <dig>

Jaiganesh, who is that person in ur avatar ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the movie...i felt as if my soul was sent for a overhauling...what a refreshing movie ! How good a thinking director this fellow is....Music was great as always..Any other composer would have spoilt the natural flow of the movie with his sounds. Raja elevates the story telling to a new level ....

Acting - myskin has lived as the character and has not acted. Cant imagine anyone else doing this role now. It was 75% attendance at Padmam (sangam) and only the front 4-5 rows were empty. Some theatre comments were interesting, as listed below

a) Question - who is this actor?? Answer - yaaro myskin'aam !
    b) music romba touching'aa irukku'la
    c) ilaiyaraaja'vaala dhaan ippadi compose panna mudiyum

the guy next to me was sobbing while the song 'thaalaattu ketka naanum' played...my eyes were wet too...Another one was already humming the end card BGM as he knew it by heart.......i am confident this movie will pick up commercially too.

If you are not watching this in the theatre, you have no rights bragging about good cinema not being made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    100% I agree with you.
    may be but there is a common thing for both Bala & Myskin (or like) i.e. the visuals they shot which have capabilities to arouse great music from a great composer like Raaja.
    not that way....these directors dont underestimate the knowledge of the viewers and so they dont tell every damn thing using dialogues. They let their video frames do the talking...they leave a lot for the viewer to guess and figure out...and Raaja knows which vacuum to fill and which vacuum to leave it as it is. I loved the silent spaces in the BGM as much as i did the BGM bits.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    100% I agree with you.
    not that way....these directors dont underestimate the knowledge of the viewers and so they dont tell every damn thing using dialogues. They let their video frames do the talking...they leave a lot for the viewer to guess and figure out...and Raaja knows which vacuum to fill and which vacuum to leave it as it is. I loved the silent spaces in the BGM as much as i did the BGM bits.
    I think you have elaborated what I told . Moreover, what i said, the unusual visuals (ateleast way ahead of masala movies), poetry shots, the epidosde like scenes...

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast