Page 150 of 185 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1850

Thread: thiruvasakam in symphony

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    >>>What is so sacrosanct about ARR?

Not knowing what is so sacrosant about ARR doesn't mean that he does not have such a quality. We cannot generalise people on filmdom. In that case Kamal is awomeniser, is IR to a womeniser or if I say so will you all spare me??

See, there is a very delicate discussion going on t=in this IR treads, everybody is watching many are from opposite camp too. I myself is an ARR fan and I did not hide that...but still neither I not any of AR did not come and create trouble here even though the situation is ripe. In such a delicate situation if you pass such comments then it might ignite fire some where and once again a nasty fight might begin as the one happend years before when Baba was released...only thing is this time IR thread will be the victim. what I say is just a plain talk of facts by a fan, of good music ,who really enjoys the peace between the two sides.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan
    If IR is so cruel, how can people still work for him for more than 20 years in his orchestra.., when there are so many options available in the field today..?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan
    I have heard that actor Ramki, Ramarajan etc were taken care or provided financial assistance by IR, when they suffered losses..So I cannot think that IR is a hard minded genius who is blind folded to anything else than music. If so, you will not see such a large number of people in the industry behind him even after years of his entry..If IR is so cruel, how can people still work for him for more than 20 years in his orchestra.., when there are so many options available in the field today..?
    raja_fan,

I too know about this. Even in some Kumudham Issue Ramarajan mentioned that IR helped him Monetarily when He was in financial struggle. And there are many more Cases where we find IR never caring about money and doing his work, helping others. But definitely there are some stray cases where IR seems to be cunning, money minded etc.,
    IR seems to be a perfect split person wherein He goes to the extreme of magnanimity in some cases and in other cases he keeps himself shut. He is a person who does things as his mood permits. He is really a 'Puriyatha Puthir' .
    As a fan I just want him to be good at all times and I dont want to see any blackmarks on the white board

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    deleted

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dig-
    zz if you have serious comprehension problem , I cannot help it. Now what is so blasphemous a'out my teaming ARR with other filmy people like Kamal? Have I indulged in any personal attack on your idol?
    "Not knowing what is so sacrosant about ARR doesn't mean that he does not have such a quality." - Does it matter to me even if he has? Why should I know a'out IR's or ARR's out of music activities? I care two hoods a'out ARR's or IR's spirituality or lack of it for that matter.

"We cannot generalise people on filmdom. In that case Kamal is awomeniser"
    - Now are u a representative of filmdom? it is this kind of yellow journalism discussion that I and many others are against atleast in TFMPage.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Few months back I mentioned some of the IR fanatics are taking IR to the level of God. Some people trashed me out for saying something like that.

Look.... rajasaranam is using Capital "H" when referring IR. These people are not fans, they are devotees of IR.

May IR bless you!!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I notice that this thread has hit the "100" page mark in this HUB!

YIA!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'May IR bless you!!!'

dear genesis,
    HE has been blessing us with HIS immortal music for three decades!! There is more to come from HIM!!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zz
    Why drag ARR here??? Can't any discussion on IR be with out ARR???. mention of ARR in your post clearly shows how psycologically are you disturbed by all the posts on IR...
    You are the one who is disturbed here

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am with kiru and rajasaranam on most of the points raised. Though not all of their points, but the general direction of their views. Some of our longtime friends like cry_sandiego, rajdes and others repeatedly stressed the "innocent-until-proven-guilty clause". Nobody accused him of crime. But our postings are only expressing our growing disillusionment with him.

rajdes,
    its not as if we were waiting for an opportunity to become turncoats and pounce on IR. Consider what all his fans have done for him. Can you imagine a legendary artist millions of his works were sold, has two of his offspring actively in the involved in the industry and yet getting his fans to raise funds for his project? Do you think any other artist in the world would have such a fan club that even borders on servitude? Even when the artist is putting barely 10% of his heart into his work for over a decade? Honestly, if someone like MSV(I am not taking ARR as he wont even think of such a funding mechanism) had embarked on a similar project, would it have got such an enthusiastic response and eagerness to move all mountains and achieve the aim?

There is only so much IR fans can take. They have put heart and soul in this project, its conception, fundraising, distribution and what not. When IR remains cold and indifferent in the end, certain things need to be re-evaluated.

On another occasion you say that the press seeking out IR to make their mags sell. There are far more unscrupulous ways to make their ways sell, interviewing IR was just one of the many wholesome ways. In most of his interviews(I'm not getting the link now), IR presents himself at a stratospheric level and talks condescendingly. It may not sound condescending to his devotees but nobody can deny the philosophical musings instead of plainspeak he indulges in. Just like some interviews like Adoor Gopalakrishnan who badmouth commercial cinema followers and even called the audience "too stupid" to understand him!

It is precisely this which turns us off.

We are just thinking aloud. There is no need for you to get alarmed and jump to IR's defence or try and correct our pattern of thought. All said and done, our musical preferences are not going to change, only want to focus on what IR does best. But we are voicing very serious concerns that if IR does not change his outlook to the media and the general public, TiS will be his last magnum opus and throughout history, it will be remembered with a tinge of notoriety.