Page 138 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2178

Thread: IR New Albums - Old responses (5 Aug 2006)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    Quote Originally Posted by *
    IR would be the natural choice, though for a heart-touching topic like this, I'd prefer someone less cunning and more motivated.
    That was preposterous How much of IR's music seems less motivated and more cunning. Can you please throw light on this. This is nonsense- IR has done something wrong in business angle and all of us over here are fuming over this. But IR's music is nevertheless the same from his heart. Can anybody refute this

And for todays listening Iam hooked on to 'Karagattakaari' -Kaatu kili , Otha Rooba, Saada maada, Kotti vecha ....Great songs for this dud movie.
    Let me try, people can act as nice guys in movies, people can sing as though they really feel those words, so how difficult it is compose tunes even if you dont really believe in that stuff ?...
    Am I stretching it too far ? hmm. may be I am a bit angry over this TIS finance handling.
    After this news these few days, I am reluctant to pick up an IR CD to play..but when I played mouna raagam - chinna chinna vannak kuyilll..man..amazing bassline in the pallavi and through out the charanams there is a drum hit and a few bass notes ..very very impressive..Talented for sure !!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiru,

Bharathiaar - kanja adipaaru - so inimae avar kavithaigal padikka vaendam
    Kannadasan - Saraakku martum pengal vishaythil konjam matteraana aalu - so inimae avar paadalgal kaetka vaendam
    Manickavasagar - Arasu panathai thirudinaar - so inimae tiruvasagam padikkamaatom
    Budhhar - Pondati pullaingala anathaiya vittuttu odi poitaar - so inimae avar ahimsa thathuvatha Yaethukka maatom.
    Ovvaiyaar - kaLlu kudipaanga - so inimae Aathichudi padikkamaatom
    namma Amma Appa kittayum sila kuraigal irukku - so inimae avanga kooda paesa vaendam.

Perfect man than namakku mukkiyam. Apdi oru kurai illatha manushana kaatunga Kiru namma ellorum avaryae follow pannalam Okva.....

Avar mela TIS thavirthum enakku neraya vimarsanangal undu. Aana avarthan enakku aadharsha purushan, kadavul ellamae...
    Ilaiyaraaja kitta kurai irukkalam aana athukkaaga avar isaiyavae thooki podra alavukku poyachunna apparam vazhrathukku ennathan micham irukku ulagathil?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess, what Rajasaranam has said is quite well put and a very emotional posting. Infact the examples that he has given is very apt.

Kiru, though I do not have any business to post here at this point of time, I guess, mistake or crime (all assumed) made by IR should not darken all the other achivements by IR. IR's songs cannot be maligned by all these speculation even if they are true and loving those songs have to be a mutually exclusive experience for any fan.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajasaranam,
    Azhndha karuthukkaL, arthamuLLa soRKKaL

Kiru,
    Yes, "Chinna Chinna" is an amazing number with some mindblowing bass guitwar work....

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In fact these rae a few more-
    Mozart-womaniser/drunk
    Tcahikovsky-homosexual
    Beethoven-financially supposed to be dodgy/notorious temper
    vivaldi-again a priest but a womaniser as well
    so do not llisten to all these?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Kiru,

Seems like a pretty Childish view to me !!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about our immensely talented Kamal Hasan - are you going to say his acting is not committed or True based on his personal life.?? C'mon.. this whole TIS copyright issue seems to be getting out of control !!. Who cares that we care !!

We all need to stop getting into Artists's life and just stop ourselves at criticising/commenting/praising their work.

Cheers
    MSK

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Digression:

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article....ate=11/11/2005

see Raja & SJ in an old picture in the above link...

(There is another hilarious interview - "oru korangu illAtti innoru korangu"
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/article....date=11/9/2005
    )

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friends, Please we all know Kiru doesn't mean it!!

Kiru wrote, ‘ when I played mouna raagam - chinna chinna vannak kuyilll..man..amazing bassline in the pallavi and through out the charanams there is a drum hit and a few bass notes ..very very impressive..Talented for sure !!!’

Kiru, kobum yellam pochaa?? For us its ALWAYS Ilayaraaja! Ilayaraaja has overwhelmed our souls with HIS music, HE is inseparable from our lives!!

Now Pattu, I am listening to ‘Rettai Vaal kuruvi’.
    I am addicted to the song ‘raja raja cholan ....’Great guitar interludes, catchy rhythm,KJJ’s singing!!! I just crave for more!!
    Lets continue from here... love, vinatha.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Friends,
    I have edited my post.

My post had more to do with Balu Mahendra than with IR. It doesnt need much intelligence to say that IR has done little justice to his talent since Sethu, Hey Ram, Bharathi. He is only going to come up with an indifferent score like in Solla Marandha Kadhai, Manasellam, COA, AOKK, ME, etc. Do you think IR will put his heart and soul into it like he did for TiS? No way! For him it will be just another movie, but for Balu fans, his last movie is not something trivial. I really wont mind ARR given a chance("sound engineer" dhaan but atleast he will slog for it). No one doubts IR's talents, it is his attitude which is sickening.

Digression:
    For some reason no serious documentary-style movie ever came out with Eelam as theme(directors are more concerned with Kashmir, Pak etc). Ironic that the tamils in India are reaping the fruits of tech-boom which their own race 700 kms below experienced bestiality of mindboggling proportions.

Digressing further, here's T.Sabaratnam's tracing the history of the eelam freedom movement(Saba is like our Mani Sir) - makes for a gripping read, especially the July 1983 pogrom on tamils:

http://www.sangam.org/Sabaratnam/index.htm