indriyaaNi mano budhir-asyathishtaanam uchyathE
    ethair vimohayathi esha gnaanam avruthya dehinam

thasmaath thvam inthiyaaNi athou niyamya bharatharshabha
    paapmaanam prajahi hyeenam gnaana vigyaana naashanam

indriyaaNi paraaNyahoor-indriyyebyah param manah
    manasasthu paraa bhudhiryo budhdhE parathasthu sa:

evam budhdhE param budhdhva samsthabhya athmaanam athmanaa
    jahi sathrum mahaabaaho kaamaroopam dhuraasadham

Arjuna asks "What is the primary reason for a person to act sinfully even without will, or what is it that urges one to act sinfully as if drawn by force ?

Lord says: For everything the drive is lust. It is lust which arises out of passion, and changes itself into anger or wrath. Understand that lust is the most sinful and dangerous enemy in this world which never easily is sated.

Just like how fire is covered by smole, mirror is covered by dust, embryo is covered by womb, same way, all living beings are covered by lust.

Even a wise man's knowledge is enveloped by this enemy lust, which burns like fire and never ceases.

Five senses, mind and intelligence are the places where lust resides, this lust which shadows the real wisdom of all entities.

Hence it becomes essential to control the senses and destroy this lust which is the destroyer of wisdom, realisation and knowledge.

Senses are superior (to matter or body), more than senses-mind is superior, higher is intelligence than the mind, and and still superior to the intelligence is the soul or indivudual consciousness.

Now knowing that the consciousness is loftier than the senses, mind or intelligence, wise men should control the senses and steady the mind through self realization and defeat the powerful enemy 'lust'.

அர்ஜுனன் கேள்வி: ஒருவனுக்கு விருப்பம் இல்லாது இருப்பினும், அவன் வலுக்கட்டாயமாக பாபத்தை செய்யத் தூண்டுவது எது?

பகவானின் பதில்: அவ்வாறு செய்யத்தூண்டுவது ஆசை. ஆசையும் அதனைச் சார்ந்த கோபமும் ரஜோகுணத்தின் தோன்றல்கள். ஆசையே உன் முதல் எதிரி என்பதை உணர்ந்துகொள். ஆசை அனைத்தையும் விழுங்கிவிடும் வல்லமை உடையது.

நெருப்பு புகையாலும், கண்ணாடி தூசாலும் கருவானது எவ்வாறு கருப்பையாலும் மூடப்பட்டிருக்கிறதோ அவ்வாறே உயரிய ஞானமானது ஆசையால் மூடப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.

அர்ஜூனா ஆசைத் தீ தணிக்க முடியாதது, தீர்க்கமுடியாதது. ஆசையின் பகை மூட்டம் ஞானியின் அறிவைக்கூட மூடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

புலன்கள், மனம் புத்தி ஆகியவை ஆசையின் இருப்பிடங்கள். இதன் வழியே அது செயல்பட்டு ஞானத்தை மூடி மறைக்கிறது.

ஆகையால், புலன்களைக் கட்டுள் அடக்கி, அறிவை அழிக்கின்ற பாபத்தின் உருவமாகிய ஆசையை வீழ்த்திவிடு.

புலன்கள் (உடலை விட) மேலானவை. அவற்றை விட மனம் மேலானது. மனத்தை தாண்டி மிளிர்கிறது புத்தி. புத்தியை விட உயர்ந்து நிற்கிறது ஆன்மா.

புத்தியை விட உயர்ந்த ஆன்மாவை உணர்ந்து, மனத்தித்தை கட்டுப்படுத்தி, புலன்களை அடக்கி, அதி பயங்கர பகைவனான ஆசையை வெல்வாய்.

end of karma yoga chapter -3

மூன்றாம் அத்தியாயமாகிய கர்ம யோகம் முற்றிற்று.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    அர்ஜூனா ஆசைத் தீ தணிக்க முடியாதது, தீர்க்கமுடியாதது. ஆசையின் பகை மூட்டம் ஞானியின் அறிவைக்கூட மூடிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது.
    on a lighter note, I remember nagesh's ranting "ஆசை ஆசை! ஆயிரம் பொன்னை வெச்சுகிட்டு என்னடா பண்ணுவ! எத்தனை நாளைக்கு தாங்கும்!"

Alas not just normal men, not just aspirants, even wise men or gnaanis sometimes fall prey for lust/desire. (famous vishwamitra-menaka is just a single sample amongst many)

Desire can crop up and take any form including normal rightful desires of daily life, to illegal ones. Whether legal or illegal, desire and its effect I suppose would be the same.

Desire for a parent to see their kid shining is a socially accepted one.

Desire for sensual pleasures are not looked well or respected in our society. But the end result of lust clouding the self -realisation is THE SAME (or varies just as much as each individual's intensity of lust)

However, if quenching of one's desire, deprives another, then third law of motion comes into picture. Every action would have equal opposite reaction, hence, one who sows has to reap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chapter 4: Gnaana yoga / (transcendental knowledge) Verses 1 to 5

imam vivasvathE yogam prokthavaan aham avyyayam |
    vivasvaan manavE praaha manur ikshvakavE-abraveeth ||

evam parampara praptham imam rajarshayo vidhu: |
    sa kaaleneha mahathaa yogonashta: paranthapah ||

sa evaayam maya thEdhya yoga: prokthah: puraathanah: |
    bhaakta-si me saka chethi rahasyam hy-ethadh uththamam ||

aparam bhavatho janma param janma vivasvatha: |
    katham ethadh vijaaniiyaam thvam-aadhou prokthavaan ithi ||

bhahooni me vyatheethani janmaani cha thava charjuna |
    thany aham vedha sarvaaNi na thvam vEththa paranthapa ||

Krishna continues on:

I instructed these yogas and knowledge of uniting with the brahman to the vivasvaan(the sun god), who instructed it to manu, who inturn passed on the knowledge to ikshvaaku.

This lofty knowledge was received successively by saintly-kings (rajarishi). In course of time, for a long duration, this knowledge seem to have dissapeared.

This holy transcendental knowledge and very ancient vedhas or sciece of unity with brahman is told by you to me, becuase you are my devotee and my friend.

Arjuna enquired: The sun god vivasvaan was born much prior to you, then how oh krishna am I to understand that you instructed this knowledge into him?

Lord says: You and I have taken many many births until know. You cannot remember all your prior births, but oh arjuna, I can.

அழிவற்ற இந்த யோகத்தை நான் விவஸ்வானுக்கு உபதேசித்தேன். விவஸ்வான் மனுவிற்கும் மனு இக்ஷ்வாகுவிற்கும் உபதேசித்தார்கள்.

வழிவழியாய் வந்த இந்த யோகத்தை ராஜரிஷிகள் அறிந்திருந்தனர். நீண்ட இடைப்பட்ட காலத்தில், இது பூவுலகை விட்டு மறைந்துவிட்டிருந்தது.

மிக உயர்ந்த ரகசியமான வேதத்தை, யோகத்தை நான் உன்னிடம் சொல்கிறேன், ஏனெனில், நீ என் பக்தன். என் தோழன்.

அர்ஜுனனுக்கு சந்தேகம்: "உன் பிறப்பு பின்னால் ஏற்பட்டது, விவஸ்வான் (விவஸ்வான் என்றால் சூரியன்) உனக்கு முன் பிறந்தோன். நீ எப்படி விவஸ்வானுக்கு யோகத்தை உபதேசித்தாய்? எனக்குப் புரியவில்லை."

பகவான் கூறியது: "அர்ஜுனா, நீயும் நானும் இதுகாறும் பலப்பல பிறவிகள் எடுத்திருக்கிறோம். அப்பிறவிகளைப் பற்றிய அறிவு உனக்கு இல்லை. எனக்கு அப்பிறவிகளை (தன்னுடைய) பற்றி நன்கு தெரியும்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chapter 4: Gnaana yoga / (transcendental knowledge) Verses 6 to 10

ajo-bhi san avyayaya-athmaa bhoothaanaam iishvararopi san
    prakruthim svam athishtaaya sambhavaami athma-maayayaa

yatha yathahi tharmasya glaanir bhavathi bharatha
    abyuththaanam atharmasya thadhaathmaanam srajaamyaham

parithraaNaaya sadhoonam vinaashaya cha dushkrutham
    dharma samsthaapanaarthaaya sambhavami yuge yuge

janma karma cha me thivyam evam yo-veththi thathvatha:
    thyakthvaa theham punarjanma naithi maam ethi so arjuna

vitha raaga bhaya krothaa manmaya maam upaasrithaa:
    bhahavo gnaana thapasa bhoothaa mathbhaavam agatha:

I am unborn and abstract not perishable and immortal. I am the master or lord or all mortal beings, even then, I appear on earth with superior form. (as avtar one my assume).

(when does he appear? next paragraph explains the same)

hey bharatha! I appear, whenever there is decline in righteousness, whenever morality goes down...when, there is adharma or unrighteousness prevailing everywhere, then, I descend on earth.

I descend to protect the good and righteous ones, the innocents, devotees, bhakthas, and destroy the vicious ones. I manifest every yuga (yuga = apprx 1 million year ) on earth to re-establish the righteousness.

He who understands this nature of mine, and my descendance and activities, attain eternity and does not take birth again in material world.

Thus, many people who become absored in me, take refuge in me, are freed from attachments, anger, fear, are enlightened by my knowledge and attained my abode.

நான் பிறப்பற்றவன், அழிவற்றவன், எல்லா உயிர்களுக்கும் அதிபதி. இறைவன். எனினும் நான் என் இயறிகை நிலையை இயல்பை விட்டு அவதாரம்

செய்கிறேன்.

எவ்வப்பொழுதெல்லாம் தர்மம் குறைந்து அதர்மம் தலைதூக்குகிறதோ அவ்வப்பொழுதெல்லாம் நான் என்னை பிறப்பித்துக்கொள்கிறேன்.

நல்லோர்களைக் காப்பதற்கும் தீயோர்களை ஒடுக்குவதற்கும் தர்மத்தை செழிப்புற செய்வதற்கும் நான் யுகங்கள் தோறும் தோன்றுவேன்.

என்னுடைய தெய்வீக செயல்களை பிறப்புக்களை அறிந்தவன் இறந்த பின் மீண்டும் இப்பூவுலகில் பிறப்பதில்லை. அவன் அழியா நிலை எய்தி

என்னை அடைகிறான்.

என்னையே பற்றுடன் நினைந்தவர்கள் என்னையே ஷரணமடைந்தவர்கள் பயம், கோபம் முதலியவைகள் களையப்பட்டு, அழியா அறிவு நிலையில்

என்னை உணர்ந்து என்னுடன் ஒன்றுபடுகின்றனர்.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    nandri wrap. I am glad this thread is still read

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha

I manifest every yuga (yuga = apprx 1 million year ) on earth to re-establish the righteousness.

I am glad this thread is still being updated by you . Btw, the time period of 1 yuga depends on the Yuga itself (Sat, treta, dwaapara or Kali). I think this is the split ..

Kali - 432,000 years (human).
    Dwaapara - 2x432000
    Treta - 3x432000
    Sat - 4x432000
    -------------
    Total 4 yugas = 1 Mahayuga = 4,320,000 years

71 Mahayugas = 1 Manvantara (Each one having an 'Adam
    or Manu; we are now in the Vaivastha Manvanthara , presided by Vivasvaan Manu).

14 Manvantaras = 1 Kalpa .. so 14x71x4,320,000 = approx. 4,320,000,000 years.

1 Kalpa = Day time of 1 Brahma.

2 Kalpas = 1 Day of Brahma .. Universe creation at morning .. dissolution at night

Lifetime of a Brahma = 1 Blink of Vishnu. (Remember Anantapadmanabhaswamy.. everytime He opens His eyes .. the lotus (with a Brahma on it) comes out of the navel... when He closes His eyes.. the lotus recedes and that Brahma's life comes to an end).

What a shocking metaphor for the Eternal!!!!!! We are lesser than dust in front of such an image.

More here: http://www.geocities.com/profvk/gohitvip/41.html.

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prasad,

Yeah I've read about the yugas and brahma's single day. Seriously what minute particles we are !

It is said apprx 1 million as average of 4 yuga ( 1 maha yuga)

Actually the context there is yuga and not maha yuga in that case, what u gave is right.

Since I no longer write cho's enge brahmnan Finally Ive turned back to gita

I wanna finish this thread atleast by this year end, so that I have no commitments left in hub

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Prasad,

Since I no longer write cho's enge brahmnan Finally Ive turned back to gita

I wanna finish this thread atleast by this year end, so that I have no commitments left in hub
    Why? adutha varushathula edavudhu nadakapogudha??

Love and Light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chapter 4: Gnaana yoga / (transcendental knowledge) Verses 11 to 15

ye yatha maam prapadhyanthe tham thatha eva bhajami aham
    mama vartham anuvarthanthe manushyah: paartha sarvasha:

kaangkshanthah: karmaNaam sidhdhim yajantha iha thevathah:
    kshipram hi maanushe loke sidhdhir bhavathi karmaja

chathurvarNyam maya srushtam guna karma vibhagasha:
    thasya karthaaram api maam viththyakarthaaram avyayam

namaam karmaaNi limpanthi name karmaphale Spruhaa
    ithi maam yo abhijaanathi karmabhir na sa bhadhyathE

evam gnaathva krutham karma poorvair api mumukshupi:
    guru karmaiva thasmaath tvam poorvai: poorvatharam krutham

Everyone surrender to me in their own way. I give the fruits and reward them accordingly (according to their karmas)

Since men need result for their action, they desire success and worship demigods (gods in forms). On earth the results
    from fruitive action is very quick.

It was me who created the four varnas and their jobs as per a being's nature and activities. Me being the creator of
    these divisions, one should still understand that I am the non-performer and the unchangeable. (the division is hence based
    on nature and their attitude and not by birth, can be quite clearly understood)

No work or activity or karma or its fruits has effect on me. He who understands this truth about my supreme self, would not get entagled in karmas and its fruitive reactions.

Even after knowing this, the saintly souls or liberated souls did not give up action. They acted with understanding. Therefore you also should perform duty but with the feel of divinity.

என்னை மக்கள் எவ்விதம் அணுகுகின்றனரோ அவரவர்க்கேற்றபடி நான் அருள்புகிறேன். எவ்வழியை பின்பற்றும் மக்களும் என் வழியே பின்பற்றுகின்றனர்.

வெற்றியும் செயலின் பலனும் இவ்வுலகில் விரைவில் வந்து சேருகிறது. வெற்றியும் பலனும் விரும்புவோர், அவற்றை வழங்கும் தேவதைகளைத் தொழுகிறார்கள்

நான்கு வர்ணங்களை உருவாக்கியவன் நானே. ஒருவனின் குணத்திற்கும் கர்மத்திற்கும் செயலுக்கும் ஏற்றவாறு நான் உருவாக்கினேன். அவற்றை நான் படைத்திருப்பினும், நான் செயலற்றவன், அழிவற்றவன் என்று உணர்.

செயல்கள் என்னை பாதிப்பதில்லை. என்னை இவ்வாறு அறிந்தவன் கர்மங்களின் கட்டுகளினின்று விடுபடுகிறான்.

பண்டைய காலத்து சாதுக்கள் சாதகர்கள் இதை உணர்ந்து செயலாற்றினர். ஆகையால் நீயும் அவர்களைப் போல் உணர்ந்து செயலாற்றுவாயாக.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast