Thread: Quest of spirituality and pOli sAmiyArkaL

Hybrid View

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Quote Originally Posted by harishkumar09
    the only authentic
    No offence meant to you or Mr Jaggi, but can you please highlight in what way he is the "only" ?

Also, while it's very easy to define 'pOli' sAmiyAr (means hypocrite - preaches one practices the opposite), it's not easy to define a real sAmiyAr (please refer the prior pages here or other related threads in this forum).

Since you're claiming someone to be "authentic", does it mean he sincerely believes in what he teaches and is also honestly trying to put them into practice? Even if that's true, that alone cannot make an individual automatically a "spiritual guru / sAmiyAr"

IMO, a decent percentage of people do the same in various walks of life (including tons of moms in the kitchen, for e.g.)
    Well is not the "only" one, but among the gurus I know he seems authentic. As I said he never advertised even though he has been in this spiritual career for almost 20 years. He was never seeking for attention. Also as sakalakal vallalar points out his relationship with ladies is open and there are many other such small things which gives an impression of genuinety.

And I am not offended as I am neither his follower nor admirer, but I admire his honesty, and he looks like a good fellow.

As far as spiritual realisation he is like 99% of gurus , advaitic level of realisation, which is basic spiritual realisation and has not gone beyond that and like everybody in the world takes it to be the highest level of realisation. Well that is the choice he has made and good for him. Thats fine. He looks somewhat relaxed and unforced, something I don't find in Sri Sri Ravishankar(sometimes,not always). I have not met the kind of ppl who you see around SSR , who make some astounding claims about him. The followers of JV seem level-headed and I have not heard them eulogise their guru like the followers of SSR do. This has got something to do with how he deals with his followers. May be when he is as popular as SSR we may find the kind of adulation around him as we see around SSR.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement