Page 61 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: IR's New albums - Ver 2008/2009

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    CR, I am asking if the exact words he used were along the lines of 1,2,3 or 4. If it is not 1, then we dont have conclusive proof that he is after recognition, awards etc. Personally, from what I remember from that interview(I notoriosuly dont watch stuff at youtube- my already soda bottle kannadi eyes will only get worse), it is either 3 or 4.
    If it is 3, then he passes all tests of "not wanting publicity, recognition".
    If it is 4, "Konjam overconfidence"-nu sollalam. Avlo dhaan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, it was (4)

Post Thanks / Like
    His words as I remember was this "idhukku apparam indha maadhiri matthavanga pannalaam..aanaal idhu madhiri adhu varaadhu. yen naa idhu thaan indhiyaavil mudhal thadavai.."

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, overconfidence. But paarunga, this supports the "not caring about recognition etc" theory. Because he is convinced that he has done something unthinkable for others, which means he knows or believes what/where he is. I dont think he is waiting for others to accept it - kavaliaye padama sollitare, naan inge mele irukken, inime dhaan oruthan vandhu inge vara mudiyum"-nu. Idhukkappuram, yaaru recognize panni, he is going to feel happy? Neenga dhaan best-na "oh adhaan enakku theriyume"-nuttu poyitte iruppar pola
    No, just kidding - to accept or crave an award, you must respect the giver of that award. Ippo Padma awardsngaradhu yaaru epdi kudukkarangandradhu ellorukkum theriyadhu. MSV-ku kudukkadha award-a Raja madhikka povadhillai. National Award for best music in a film, in my eyes, has value. Despite some bad cases(Annamaiya instead of GURU, Roja instead of DM, Some stupid bolly movie instead of Hey Ram), mostly it has gone to deserving efforts. But oru Sudhir Mishra head pandra committee-la, Malathi Rangarajan member-a irukkara committee award kuduthaa adhai IR madhipparangaradhu doubt dhaan. This is another reason awards will not carry as much significance to people like IR.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]
    Quote Originally Posted by nanchil_guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam

As expected, the actual purpose of the event was rather eclipsed by the joy that was brought by Rahman’s double Oscar victory. Speaking at the function, Balu Mahendra reminisced about the first steps of Rahman into the music world. He recalled that he was the chairman of the jury deciding the National Awards in the year when both Roja and Devar Magan were released. He was in mental turmoil when both the movies were neck to neck when it came to the award for best music. Since he was a very close friend of Ilayaraja, he decided to stay away from the jury because he felt that his friendship might prevent him from making the right decision. But as fate would have it, the ballot by the rest of the jury turned out to be a deadlock and it was up to the chairman to bring in his casting ballot. It was a tough decision to make, but he put his trust in God and cast the vote in favor Rahman, hoping to spur the young man on to greater heights. Today, he said, that his 16 year old decision stood vindicated.
    This explains the character of IR as well as BM. I am sure after taking that decision, BM would hv informed IR about it. Has IR or BM opened their mouth about this for last 17 years, never.

Who else is the best person to understand IR other than BM, so what he had done was right in his point of view having known IR for more than 2 decades. (Ofcorse BM was/is well aware that these national awards matter nothing to IR). On the other hand as plum put it optly, any other jury in his place would hv done the opposite, but as it turned out to be BM was/is friend of IR , he decided otherway.
    Well Said...

Shocking news really... BM's gesture is truly laudable....
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajasaranam,

intha news ir ku ippathan theriyuma appave therichirukuma?

Anyways antha sify headline is the best way to put things in perspective. Everyone wants a piece of ARR including ir fans here rightly or wrongly

Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    This is really shocking
    http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...-25-02-09.html

As expected, the actual purpose of the event was rather eclipsed by the joy that was brought by Rahman’s double Oscar victory. Speaking at the function, Balu Mahendra reminisced about the first steps of Rahman into the music world. He recalled that he was the chairman of the jury deciding the National Awards in the year when both Roja and Devar Magan were released. He was in mental turmoil when both the movies were neck to neck when it came to the award for best music. Since he was a very close friend of Ilayaraja, he decided to stay away from the jury because he felt that his friendship might prevent him from making the right decision. But as fate would have it, the ballot by the rest of the jury turned out to be a deadlock and it was up to the chairman to bring in his casting ballot. It was a tough decision to make, but he put his trust in God and cast the vote in favor Rahman, hoping to spur the young man on to greater heights. Today, he said, that his 16 year old decision stood vindicated.
    BM was responsible for giving away the National award to Rahman instead of Raaja.
    At first I was digusted at the 'Karugaalithanam' of BM... Few seconds later it gives me immense pleasure to understand him - What a noble gesture by Balu Mahendra! he should have known DM was musically superior to Roja (Apart from the friendship with Raaja) and still gave away the award

...and Raaja had maintained his friendship with BM till date shows the amount of maturity he has and the degree of importance to an award he gives.

This adds on to my respect over Raaja and shows what his fans should take from his life. What I said yesterday is validated now 'Its afterall an award'. So stop whining kids and move on...

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyways, the function that is arranged now to felicitate Rahman is very special in one way.

Because it is going to have IR, KB and ARR together.

IR - the man who rejected a gang of film faternity.

KB - the leader of the faternity who avenged the rejection by introducing ARR.

ARR - a strong weapon to be used by IR avengers gang.

Very interesting !

The beauty is the weapon and the attacked are still shining ! But the attackers lost their place

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    raja_fan,

interesting observation

i dont think there were many attackers in first place. It was only KB. Maniratnam HAD to take new composer only because Kavithalaya produced Roja and mani did not have any option. and it was KB's luck that he found the weapon.ofcourse, as you said, he doesnt have any good movies offlate.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/...ry/250209a.asp

read IR's reaction.

அதனால, இங்கு போர்க்களம் வேண்டாம்பா, சாமி! தாங்கல