Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Global recognition for IR's music.......

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...nts/17586.html

Aandavar on A.R Rahman, Ilaiyaraaja and "India Shining" - PERFECT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    Ok I forgot in which thread this 'Heyram' Promo thingy came up so Iam posting this here as a reply to Bala
    'பால் நிலா பாதை'யில் சில தெருக்கள்
    He does not need a Bala or anybody else to tell him that he is blowing his own trumpet, he knows that its a mistake and accepts that too. But to whom else he will tell all these things other than his fans?!!
    Bala,
    If you are not able to understand 'Raaja's Personality even after reading this nothing else can!
    Rajasaranam,
    cool down cool down cool down

Firstly, thanks for the pointer. Will read it later today (I came to know about this book during my IR Yahoo fangroup days at the time of Thiruvasagam)

"Wrong" - appadingara sense la naan sollave illaye. I just pointed out a couple of instances where IR speaks out about his achievements, ability etc - which are statements of facts - just as a counter to the "oblivious to recognition" bit... thappu, right-u nu ellam judge pannala... (In fact, adhukku maaraga dhaan sila thadava solliyirundhen)
    Melum indha disai la poga idhu sariyana idam alla... Lets put this matter to rest

Post Thanks / Like
    * deleted *

Post Thanks / Like
    Rajasaranam/Eagle,
    Thanks for writing on post-modernism. Mahanadhi la Panjabi solra madhiri "ippo setha thevala"

dissonant sound of atonal academic modernism
    Please could you elaborate with examples (with Raaja's work if he fits the 'modern' atonal composer with dissonant sound, as against 'eclecticism and freedon of expression... with world music influence')? I go with what Suresh is saying about this point

Charu says he romanticize the folk music by playing guitar... thats quite opposite to what i felt... didnt i lose myself in his music to note these details?...
    I had commented upon exactly this facet in Rajasaranam's blog. WCM etc in IR's folk and yet sounding "native" to us... RS, said he would reply to that

Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    eagle,

When I see the definitions you had quoted "Eclecticism and freedom of expression, in reaction to the rigidity and aesthetic limitations of modernism, are the hallmarks of the postmodern influence in musical composition" ,

Wouldn't using the bass guitar and various guitar chords in a Tamil folk song constitute eclecticism? Wouldn't they not be beyond the aesthetic limitations of the Tamil folk genre? Wouldn't using western vocal harmonies, as he did in Devar Magan, to create a complete folk song experience be termed as eclecticism? Wouldn't introducing Carnatic ragas within the rigidity of western classical music classify as post modernism?

To me Raja has been the ultimate in experimenting in film music. The problem is that he fuses all these elements so well that many people do not recognize this. One person hears it as a folk song and another hears it as a carnatic piece and another hears the guitar chords. Every experiment is in the service of the song. My personal opinion is that this type of fusion to give an organic whole is far more difficult to achieve that many other types of fusion. Lot of classical musicians have tried it but in my opinion I really did not see much fusion out there but only two strands playing simultaneously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NormalMan
    What I miss from IR these days (or at the least NOT coming out explicitly for me) is the linearity in a totally non-linear score. He is not surprising me anymore.
    That's the exact word eluding me in the post-2000 thread (though i would say 'anymore' is a tad too harsh)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be

What did he say about Raaja? Iam not able to view this site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam

What did he say about Raaja? Iam not able to view this site
    "...namma oorla kalaignargal illa nu kedayaadhu... neraya irukkaanga..vaippu kedaikkala...." "..ippo Ilaiyaraaja irukkaaru. naan evvalavu periya IR rasigan nu ungalukkellaam theriyum..Avar thamizhan enbahdu verum address.. avar thiramai dhaan mukkiyam.. avar Telungara irundha venaamna sollirukkapporen?.. avaru engu irundhaalum.. adhanaala dhaan N.Indians avara thedi vandhu music panna solraanga.. indrum! 100 padangalukku mela avar kooda pannitten... Chandrahasan, Charuhasan, Ilaiyaraaja ngara mahdiri aiduchu... enga veettu perumaya solra madhiri dhaan... avarukku vaippugal varumbodhu easy-a nirubikkakoodiyavaradhaan avarum"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nammala maadhiriye pesaraaru Kamal IR pathi - looks like when he is talking about IR, he is talking exactly like a Raja fan in this forum would

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    nammala maadhiriye pesaraaru Kamal IR pathi - looks like when he is talking about IR, he is talking exactly like a Raja fan in this forum would
    கட்டபொம்மன்ல வர்ற வசனம் "பெரும் வீரனல்லவா அவன்!" மாதிரி 'பெரும் ரசிகனல்லவா அவன்(ர்).
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only wrote what i felt about the statement not musicwise!

oh you are K.H fan to. nice words on a public domain. keep going

Quote Originally Posted by pure bliss

ARR must not degrade his achivement by talking like this even though he is for peace and love. terrible i feel
    Pure Piss,
    Vayiru gubu-gubu nu eriyudhu pola Unga aale soltaaru.. adhanaala vaayayum, athayum pothindu oru orama ukkarum, ok-va?

Seems like you don't understand jackcrap about music, let alone Rahman or Ilaiyaraaja. To extinguish the 'fire' you should do what is best for your kind : Listen to nursery rhymes

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast