Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Global recognition for IR's music.......

Hybrid View

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to the show and it was nicely conducted. Made a couple of my friends listen to that and they were pleasantly surprised. The quality of the songs broadcasted was awesome and it was a good mix.

How was the feedback? I was unable to find any comments or discussions on the show from listeners.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    many of my friends here often curiously ask me as to how and why am this deeply/passionately hooked to this particular composer's work !

last evening, a very good friend (who knows music, plays the piano, and not the run-of-the-mill slam bang music fan!)asked the same question yesterday "dont you listen to other music at all ?" - i go "yes, i do, music is music, who am i to judge ? but i wud like you to listen to some stuff i have and know your reaction, response"

Yesterday evening, I played some of IR's music to her - since i didnt want to prejudice/bias her opinion, i let her choose the track from a CD at random and tell me about the tracks she liked/could relate to!

the piano prelude to "poo poothadhu" piece, brought tears (real tears, btw) and when the title score of "Hey Ram" was played, we both involuntarily swung our arms as if conducting the score, when the vocal chorus goes to a crescendo - i had to play it at least 4 times and my friend was not content with it even then!

and then I ask "now tell me - how can I, who grew up listening to such stuff, NOT get hooked to this, when such music moved someone like you, who is listening to this for the first time ?!"

her (and many others) main complaint is that most of IR's most absorbing/moving music is short and they feel they have been robbed off a beautiful listening experience abruptly since the tracks dont extend beyond 2-3 min!!

yennatha solla, yaar kitta poyi solla!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    her (and many others) main complaint is that most of IR's most absorbing/moving music is short and they feel they have been robbed off a beautiful listening experience abruptly since the tracks dont extend beyond 2-3 min!!

This is called film music. Is not it? Raaja played/plays always within boundaries and rarely he has given NBW kind stuffs that too stopped now

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    yennatha solla, yaar kitta poyi solla!
    u already know, thiruvaasagam, NBW & HTNI as lenghty tracks... i know, only 3 albums... but still...

kodumai ennannaa nammaalu is not releasing his symphony
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    irir123,

Great experience. Composing a 2 to 3 min track is quite different from composing a longer piece. Raja shows he is capable of maintaining the consistency, beauty, a sense of surprise throughout a long piece as he had demonstrated in his private albums. His pieces have an organic unity and that aspect of his music cannot be demonstrated with short pieces. As you say, how can we get him to do something bigger? That's the million dollar question.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849