Page 49 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Face of Music - A R Rahman News & Updates - III

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.hindu.com/2010/01/11/stories/2010011160512000.htm

A.R. Rahman
    PUNE: Hindi film director Subhash Ghai revealed here on Sunday that the song ‘Jai Ho’ that won music director A.R. Rehman and lyricist Gulzar an Oscar was originally composed for his film Yuvraaj.

Mr. Ghai was speaking at an interactive session on music in cinema at the ongoing Pune International Film Festival (PIFF). “The words of the song were very poetic — Zareewale neele aasman ke tale... [Under the embroidered sky...] The poetry did not fit the character of Zayed Khan, on whom the song was to be shot. So I asked Gulzarji to compose another song.

“Then one night Rehman called me and said Danny Boyle was in a hurry and wanted a Hindi song at the end of his film. He asked me if he could give Boyle ‘Jai Ho.’ I told him to go ahead.”

Mr. Ghai said later one day Mr. Rehman called him and said the song had been nominated for the Oscars. “I told him not to say anything about the origin of the song. Now that it has won the award, I make this revelation with Rehman’s permission.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Benny Lava's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Appu s
    Arrahman: just returned after watching 'Dream On', a show performed by disabled Chinese people. Chennai had never seen anything like this before..they've kickstarted the tour from Chennai and will cover other Indian cities.....
    Thanks to Dream On, China’s Disabled People’s Performing Art Troupe. They call themselves disabled but they left us the thought in us that they are specially-abled than us by their stunning performing arts which was purely mesmerizing the whole crowd for 2 hours.

I got a 500 rs ticket for the show. While the show was on, I thought I should have bought a 1000 rs ticket. Their performances were spectacular and splendid and it was worth paying that money. But while coming out of the show, everyone felt the love they had showered on every individual in the hall. A girl who was on her wheel chair and a guy who was blind, both Chinese, were performing and singing Rahmans "Jai Ho", “Chinna Chinna Aasai” and moreover "Vande Mataram" by heart in Tamil. We couldn’t escape from feeling their love and it was priceless. Money cannot be substituted for it. I came out spell bounded, got few cards of them and their autograph. I am glad I did them for this is an event for lifetime and they are the real heroes in life spreading love and compassion all over the world.
    http://rrajaram.blogspot.com/2010/01/dream-on.html

Ithai vida oru manusanukku santhosam vera enna

These performers are truly amazing. See the video below:

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    THE DREAM CATCHER

Steven Spielberg doesnt just make films, he, in his own words, converts dreams into reality. CT chats with the ace director ..

What do you know of Bollywood Is there any Indian filmmaker whose work youve seen and liked?

Im totally aware of whats happening there because one of your countrys industrialists is now associated with us. Though I have not seen many Bollywood films, as I prefer scifi /technology driven films over love stories. However, I have listened to many compositions of AR Rahman. Hes my all-time favourite musician from India.

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/...=&publabel=TOI

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR and Shankar to make a music video!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 12 January , 2010, 09:21

Maestro AR Rahman and ace director Shankar, the fantastic combinations that have spelled success in Tamil commercial cinema are going to make a music video.

They are doing it for the World Classical Tamil Meet- 2010 in June in Coimbatore.

It’s a meeting close to Chief Minister M Karunanidhi who is very receptive to the idea of a music video which will not only attract the youth, but will also act as a promo for the prestigious meet.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14927034

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal Hassan avoiding A.R.Rahman????

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top_stories/3211/

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Another Great News for arr fans.

Steven Spielberg wants to work with A R Rahman
    Steven Spielberg, one of the most successful Hollywood directors of all time, has said that he would like to work with Indian music maestro AR Rahman.

He was speaking to a popular English daily.

When he was asked about Rahman's music, he said, "I have heard interesting compositions of Rahman and would love to work with him in the near future."

Rahman won a double Oscar and one Golden Globe for his compositions in Danny Boyle's 'Slumdog Millionaire' last year.

Source: www.filmysouth.com

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/sout...mentid=3529394

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Delhi-6 first Indian film available for download on iTunes

Abhishek Bachchan starrer Delhi-6 has become the first Indian movie available for download on Apple iTunes.

The movie is available on the iTunes online store in the 'New and Noteworthy' section for $9.99 download-to-own.

"Launching Delhi-6, the complete film, on iTunes was a perfect fit as not only does the film appeal to all alike, but is another step in UTVs endeavour to set trends. We are extremely proud that Delhi-6 is the first Indian film on iTunes," Lokesh Dhar, vice president, UTV Motion Pictures, USA, said in a statement.

Co-produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, it is directed by Mehra. Sonam Kapoor stars in the movie as the female lead.

Having released February 20 worldwide last year, it was a box office dud.

The movie has also been screened at the 66th Venice Film Festival, Bangkok International Film Festival and 29th Annual Hawaii International Film Festiva

sify.com

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Special treat for fans of Rahman

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysians will soon have the opportunity to watch a live
    performance by Indian composer A.R. Rahman, who won an Oscar for his music
    in Slumdog Millionaire.

The concert will be shown over the Australia Network on Astro Channel 521
    at 5.30pm on Saturday.

The performance, which will include a line-up of more than 40 musicians
    and Bollywood dancers, is one of the events at the Sydney Festival 2010 in
    Paramatta Park.

¡°The concert celebrates Australia¡¯s cultural diversity and provides a
    musical bridge between Australia and the region,¡± Australia Network chief
    executive Bruce Dover said.

http://thestar. com.my/news/ story.asp? file=/2010/ 1/14/nation/ 5471067&sec= nation

Senior Member Senior Hubber Rocky89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    Special treat for fans of Rahman

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysians will soon have the opportunity to watch a live
    performance by Indian composer A.R. Rahman, who won an Oscar for his music
    in Slumdog Millionaire.

The concert will be shown over the Australia Network on Astro Channel 521
    at 5.30pm on Saturday.

The performance, which will include a line-up of more than 40 musicians
    and Bollywood dancers, is one of the events at the Sydney Festival 2010 in
    Paramatta Park.

¡°The concert celebrates Australia¡¯s cultural diversity and provides a
    musical bridge between Australia and the region,¡± Australia Network chief
    executive Bruce Dover said.

http://thestar. com.my/news/ story.asp? file=/2010/ 1/14/nation/ 5471067&sec= nation