Page 76 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Jai,

I too unfortunately watched Avatar yesterday. As you mention, the western music directors have a certain grammar and it is enough for them to just convey to the western audience that what you are hearing is tribal music. No one seems to worry about going beyond that in the movies like Raja has done. Anyway can't blame the MD here since the movie itself adheres to the grammar of formulaic cinema.
    <digression>
    why 'unfortunately'?
    I thought that it was a very unique movie experience - one of the freshest movies in terms of experience in recent years
    </digression>
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yesterday Dr L Subramanian introduced Ilayaraaja to a western musician and said " He is the god of music" .....very true sir

2009 ends in a great way...Way to go rasaiyya

Post Thanks / Like
    DOWN MEMORY LANE

SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM

The Times of India Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival was a memorable occasion for two old friends L Subramaniam and Ilaiyaraaja to catch up on old times. The camaraderie between the two was evident as they discussed music. Why do you have a tissue paper in your hand, we heard Subramaniam asking the maestro, Is it to write a list of your complaints about the concert Introducing the maestro to harmonica player Corky Siegel, L Subramaniam said, Hes the God of music here. A smiling Ilaiyaraaja promptly replied, Youre a musician too. There can be no God of music, because music is God!

Post Thanks / Like
    See chennai times today

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes

oh shucks - the same was tried by a telugu channel as well this year. knowing IR's personality I would stay far away from inviting him to any such shows - because there is no talent in TN as far as singing is concerned. I peeked a few times into the super singer like contests it is all ore 'naarasam' more show and less talent. Raaja will not be courteous like SPB to say 'nanna try panneenga'. First episode - total elimination dhaan. HE will be better fit to be the judge in asianet idea super singer where the talent is much better and the orchestra also is superior.
    It is well known that thalaivar charges amounts like that to purposely avoid such coverage rather than tell them in their face. He sometimes confuses me when he goes for such complicated decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the channels which have been doing a reality singing show is all set to take off with a grand finale event and for this, they had wanted Ilayaraja to be the chief guest and also play a few songs more like a concert. This was slated to happen for long hours.

However, after showing interest in the concert, Ilayaraja is said to have demanded a whopping Rs 2 crores which gave sweat to the organizers. While some say that he has quoted that figure probably to avoid, the others said that he can say directly instead of beating around the bush in that case
    Raaja kaiya vechchaa adhu wrongaa poanadhilae..... BaluPrakash

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai,

/continuing the digression

I thought the movie was boring and quite predictable. The special effects experience was good. Maybe I am not a major movie lover or maybe my experience was less because I watched this movie in 2D.

/ end digression

Post Thanks / Like
    <digression>
    Ah, Suresh...watching avatar in 2D is the mistake there With 3d it's an experience! No two ways about it. The story is very simple. May be intentionally, because cameron may not have wanted ppl to get thinking about the story and miss all those glorious SFX
    <dig-end>

Post Thanks / Like
    mohan raja,
    Did you mean "mamEn machAn..." where sumalatha goes looking for Rajnikanth?

raasavE unnai nAn is not from MK, if I remember right.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    raasavE unnai nAn is from 'Thanikkattu Raja'