Page 223 of 250 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S - lovely posts. Actually, among the biggie songs of the movie, these 3 are the most difficult ones to compose AND even *appreciate*. I personally find functional songs like this very difficult to appreciate. As might be understood by old-timers like suresh65, I tend to like songs that encapsulate a single moment/emotion/event and linger over it slowly and deliberately.

To take that template, and give 3 songs like this that tell the story, linger over emotions, ever too briefly, but still manage to attract a listener like me, now that's the Maestro's talent.

A couple of weeks back, I was randomly browsing thiraipaadal, and consquently, early mornings used to start with riffs of songs like "jaganamaganajam" and "atha atha atha" from aval appadi thaan(more about it later) in my head. Interesting songs, those, but not what you want reverberating in your head early in the morning and through the day. Sri Rama Rajyam has been a strong anti-dote to that tendency, and over the last few days, mornings tend to start with some or other phrase from these 3 songs. Nice.

Today's phrase:
    kodhaNdaPaniy-A dhaNdakAruNya-muna
    kolu-vuNdE bhArya-thO niNdu-gA....

Even if you are an atheist, try avoiding a picture of a Rama-Sita darsanam amid the dhandakaranyam jungle while listening to that. And come back to me if you dont find tears rolling down the eyes.
    (Rajasaranam, I am looking at you )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday's phrase was:
    endhukku ee pareeksha, evarikki ee pareeksha

Those two new singers, Anita and Keerthana, are finds. idhukku pEru dhAn modhirakkaila kuttu,
    Shreya poNNu, you finally have competitionmA

Post Thanks / Like
    A word on Shreya pAppA. I think any expectation that she'll sing like Chitra are unfair. The whole point about two singers for that song is to provide a contrast in style, and add a layer of appreciation to the song. I think she did a fair job. Obviously, Chitra brought in all her experience and knowledge of Telugu* but I dont think Shreya did an average job. She was very good. Just that Chitra was *great*.

* Although this isn't confirmed via any interview, I believe she is proficient in Telugu based on her perfect pronounciations, and correct employment of emotional cues in her songs in Telugu over the years. You wouldnt really think that she is not a telugu native from her singing, contrasting violently with jesu aNNA, one phrase of whose singing in Telugu is enough to convince you that he hasnt ever picked up the language.

Post Thanks / Like
    V_S - with your permission, can I suttufy your posts to Telugu Songs & Lyrics thread?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Audio Memory card releases for Sriramarajyam. Haven't heard of anything like this before..

http://www.sify.com/movies/sri-rama-...zoJ9djedh.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Even if you are an atheist, try avoiding a picture of a Rama-Sita darsanam amid the dhandakaranyam jungle while listening to that. And come back to me if you dont find tears rolling down the eyes.
    (Rajasaranam, I am looking at you )
    Hmmmm.... Ennaiya yenyaa paakuraa! I've been playing the songs of SRR in loop day & night that even my wife is doubting whether I became a believer Won't happen in this lifetime I know
    I have a god which can not be replaced and thy name is 'Ilaiyaraaja', thats the closest I can get to being a theist. Apart from that Iam immensely enjoying the lyrical/language beauty of telugu (though I understand very little) and the rich music with which its has been adorned by Raaja. Oh yeah... the Mythology Ramayana does move me due to the way it has been presented by these stalwarts!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam View Post
    Hmmmm.... Ennaiya yenyaa paakuraa! I've been playing the songs of SRR in loop day & night that even my wife is doubting whether I became a believer Won't happen in this lifetime I know
    I have a god which can not be replaced and thy name is 'Ilaiyaraaja', thats the closest I can get to being a theist. Apart from that Iam immensely enjoying the lyrical/language beauty of telugu (though I understand very little) and the rich music with which its has been adorned by Raaja. Oh yeah... the Mythology Ramayana does move me due to the way it has been presented by these stalwarts!
    chinna vayasula kambar kazhagam programme edhaachum DD la paaththadhundaa neenga?
    Kamba rasam appdinnuvaanga. character detailingla king kambar - avarukku coach valmiki..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like

SRR Phrase of the Day

...'Mounam kooda madhuram'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    chinna vayasula kambar kazhagam programme edhaachum DD la paaththadhundaa neenga?
    Kamba rasam appdinnuvaanga. character detailingla king kambar - avarukku coach valmiki..
    Romba Boring'nnu appellam Paarkrathu illai! Now that Iam reading about the literary beauty of Kamba Ramayanam here & there, from hubbers like PR and others, Iam inclined to go for a full read anytime soon

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Plum. Yes as you mentioned, these three songs are the most difficult to compose. As Jai mentioned, These are the kind of songs and films which makes us remember those greatest legends like Vaalmiki, Kambar and everyone and even gets us back to reading those epics. We should make these kind of movies frequently.

"To take that template, and give 3 songs like this that tell the story, linger over emotions, ever too briefly, but still manage to attract a listener like me, now that's the Maestro's talent."
    Exactly! Very well said Plum and an excellent post.

There are some excellent lines penned by Jonnavithula and equally appreciated (gives the tune for the lyrics which stands up) by Maestro as the ones you described.

Regarding Shreya no doubt about her talent or diction. Already conveyed she is the legend in the making. Just that those three lines in Sriramanayamu song could have been little serious (strictly IMHO). But the same three lines she sang at the end, no complaints there.

It's a great pleasure and honor to me to transfer my post to telugu songs and lyrics thread.

Also If I may ask you/Sureshs65/raagas to translate the evadunnadu song for me in that thread. SPB's 'ganeer' voice and depth and precision in his singing, takes that song to everest.
    Last edited by V_S; 26th August 2011 at 08:06 PM.