Page 181 of 250 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh and Jaiganes,
    Sorry to interrupt this coterie and I apologize for asking you to step out of the "Raja zone" where pretty much everyone here agrees to everyone...and everything.. Had to step in coz of the ease which you dismiss others... I know all the defences are going to point to "To each his own"..."Straight to heart" ..So dont bother if you are going to go that route... There are some young MD's who have given some outstanding music themselves....Putting down raja is not my intention..but listen to this song by a so called new MD's.... it puts all raaja's song this year to shame...(maybe even tfm) ..check out the film if you want..one the best movies to come out of india....

Okie now lets get back to eulogizing "sikkikichu"....

Oh Wait here is another one if you are going to dismiss them as flash in the pan..Check this movie too..it was fantastic..

Last edited by sloshed; 23rd April 2011 at 08:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sloshed,

Nice to see you pointing to some nice songs. If you had been following these threads closely you would have seen Rajasaranam eulogising the music of Ajay-Atul. And you would have also have noted that I had also been quite appreciative of their music when Rajasaranam put up those clips. So no issue at all regarding Ajay Atul. From whatever little I have heard of them, they have done a nice job. I don't think we are stuck in a rut that we cannot appreciate good music. It is just that music directors like Ajay Atul are not happening everywhere.
    Last edited by Sureshs65; 23rd April 2011 at 10:56 PM.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the fact that Ajay and Atul GogawaLe are being discussed in a Tamil Film Music forum itself shows the 'taste' and standards and open-mindedness of this community. Show me one forum on Hindi music wherein people discuss other musicians and their music outside of Bollywood?

Having come from a jingle-composing background, and graduating to Marathi plays and TV serials, Ajay - Atul have created a unique sound and are slowly and steadily creating a place for themselves in film music. The award-winning Jogwa and Natrang (the cited songs in the above links are from these movies respectively) happened only after a lack-lustre debut and a not-so-happening 6 years! The duo deservedly bagged a National Award for music direction for the Marathi film Jogwa. Not many know that it was Ram Gopal Varma who gave them a break in cinema!

When I heard their devotional album many years ago, I was very curious to know who this duo was. My Marathi roommate said, "must be some Southie fellows... the music is so-Madrasi'! It was hardly getting any recognition at that time during Ganpati festival. It was probably too classy or too experimental. The album was 'Vishwa Vinayak' and the songs were rendered brilliantly by SPB and Shankar Mahadevan. The arrangement and orchestration was WCM-dominated and was awesome. This was I think re-released years later as Ganesha Symphonic Chant by another label (although sadly and not surprisingly I could not find the singers name in the album's credit)! There was very little information available on the composers then. I am glad they are now getting a lot of recognition outside of Maharashtra as well.

I am keen to know more about them, their overall exposure to music genres, their influences and inspirations.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVN View Post
    Well, the fact that Ajay and Atul GogawaLe are being discussed in a Tamil Film Music forum itself shows the 'taste' and standards and open-mindedness of this community. Show me one forum on Hindi music wherein people discuss other musicians and their music outside of Bollywood?

Having come from a jingle-composing background, and graduating to Marathi plays and TV serials, Ajay - Atul have created a unique sound and are slowly and steadily creating a place for themselves in film music. The award-winning Jogwa and Natrang (the cited songs in the above links are from these movies respectively) happened only after a lack-lustre debut and a not-so-happening 6 years! The duo deservedly bagged a National Award for music direction for the Marathi film Jogwa. Not many know that it was Ram Gopal Varma who gave them a break in cinema!

When I heard their devotional album many years ago, I was very curious to know who this duo was. My Marathi roommate said, "must be some Southie fellows... the music is so-Madrasi'! It was hardly getting any recognition at that time during Ganpati festival. It was probably too classy or too experimental. The album was 'Vishwa Vinayak' and the songs were rendered brilliantly by SPB and Shankar Mahadevan. The arrangement and orchestration was WCM-dominated and was awesome. This was I think re-released years later as Ganesha Symphonic Chant by another label (although sadly and not surprisingly I could not find the singers name in the album's credit)! There was very little information available on the composers then. I am glad they are now getting a lot of recognition outside of Maharashtra as well.

I am keen to know more about them, their overall exposure to music genres, their influences and inspirations.
    I believe this is the song you're reffering to.

Viruddh - Shree Ganeshay Dheemahi

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the full version, the notes are very similar to their own composition Tanha from Gayab

One is a bhajan and the other is a pathos song.

//end digression//

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I got hooked to all the songs on initial hearing was for Nandhalala. Sengathu Bhoomiyile is another addition in the support of this year being a Raaja year. Dear V_S, Jaiganes and lastly Suresh ji, I'm really excited and will be waiting for your respected reviews.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot sloshed, SVN and Sunil for sharing some wonderful Marati songs of Ajay-Atul. The Jogwa song was superb. The tune has great depth. The ambience makes it grand. But I was little upset on sloshed comments "it puts all raaja's song this year to shame...(maybe even tfm)". I respect your opinion, but recommending you to just listen again the 'Kuthikkira' or 'Adiye Ivale' song of ASK for its motherly, down to earth, native and innocent approach against the polished, husky, soft, rich songs of Ajay-Atul (whole albums). If you ask me I can take ASK with me for a long long time, but I cannot say the same for other.

Sunil just now got the songs from iTunes, will listen and let you know. Me too very excited! Thanks a lot for your confidence in me.
    Last edited by V_S; 24th April 2011 at 07:48 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    En usire enna vitta is superb stuff ! just loved it .

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ASK releasing on MAY06th. Checkout the newspaper ADs