Page 191 of 249 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Hybrid View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the orchestration for all of them. I guess the extreme difference in how thalaivar usually uses synth for such movies is what makes us think if they are really composed by him. BTW Angel Angel is certainly a rehash of one of the songs in the 1990s era, if i am not wrong it is from kadhalakku mariyadhai. Rest are perfect

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    On 1st hear,the only song which ive actually liked is Angel Angel..
    Expected more from the KJY Song Balu Idhu Balu..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard all songs and here is my order of preference:

Kampuni Kampuni -Typical ninties masala number, the first interlude and the concluding "hey" chant are nice surprises. Only song I repeated on initial hearing.
    Balu Idhu Balu - KJY is evergreen, both interludes are oustanding
    Naan Ondhu - second interlude is v. trendy and Kunal Ganjawal sounds very youthful
    Angel Angel
    Hare Rama Hare Krishna

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    continuously 10th time started to listen Balu Idhu Balu - simply addicted

thala appadiye spb-yaiyum konjam kavanichukkonga

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gave about 5 listenings and none of the songs impressed me. The Yesudas song was more cliche`(for me) and I think IR has done much better songs than that. Honestly, it bored me. And I am not being biased about such kind of songs because there were many songs, of that kind, that I liked. The yesudas number in even Nandalala is a classic. And the less I talk about Kunal Gunjawala song, the better. Even few other songs. The Hare rama Hare Krishna song seems to be having some good trumpet usage but thats about it. And much more than Pallavi, the charanams of Angel Angel sound impressive but it is more of nostalgia-evoking feeling instead of anything innovative. I felt the charanams strongly resemble some (telugu?) songs by IR in the 1988-1995 era. It is that memory-recall drive that it sets me on and nothing more. The over-dosage of techno is not for my taste anyway.

Overall - an album that didnt please me. Atleast Ayyan had a beautiful Manasoram, but this one didnt have anything that impressed me. (This is just my personal opinion)

Done with it. Waiting for next offering! When will IR HAPPI me?
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you skr for the links. My thoughts after few listens….

Angel Angel - Angel of a song despite the ordinary pallavi. The starting humming and prelude is beautiful. Charanam is ecstatic especially the 3rd and 4th line of charanam. Synth driven interludes sounds louder but not jarring to ears. Easily my pick of the album. Great singing by Karthi and Reeta.

BhaaLu Idhu BhaaLu - I think this song is composed thinking of only KJY and his limitations about his singing nowadays. So the tune is not that appealing. Still KJY magic (still some strains) can be heard at lower octaves, but at higher octaves, we can hear the strains clearly. Somehow could not enjoy the song thoroughly due to this. Interludes are good, the first flute interlude enhances the mood aptly. But I would prefer SPB, IR or Madhu with a better tune. As San_K mentioned, why he forgets SPB always nowadays?? Definitely I miss SPB.

The next three songs tempts me to ask "is Raja 68 years old??"

Naan Ondhu - 'oyayiyaa..' humming is very different and good. Very trendy song. Kunal sang well. But I am not a favorite of this kind of singing and those freaky 'baybi' and 'ouu' kind of ending the lines. I am also surprised why Maestro is doing this kind of song.

Hare Rama Hare Krishna - Starts beautifully in classical style. Beautiful trumpets ornaments throughout the song. High energy song and I love this song. Tippu way to go! Hare Rama Hare Krishna choir is haunting! Sounds revolutionary kind song! Eventhough I don't know kannada, I could feel the lyrics are ordinary. My next pick just for the trumpet, arrangements, classical touch and the energy.

Kampuni Kampuni - Sema kuthu song! tharumaru. Good to hear Kuthu in kannada. The bass lines in last two lines of charanams are interesting. This is called Maestro kuthu!

One excellent composition and two high voltage songs, especially the title song, but definitely want more from Maestro. Tunewise it could have been better. Since recently he had given many excellent Kannada gems (not just one in each film) in Prem Kahani, Suryakanthi and Bhagyada Balegara like Shrungara, Edaya Bagilu, Mouni Naanu, Chan Chanare, Nannanne Noduvanu, Balegara, I was expecting atleast two or three compositions like this, but only 'Angel Angel' comes close. But definitely I would listen to three songs for quite some time, but only time has to tell if I would listen to it for a long time.

Eagerly waiting for Jeevitha Saagaram, another Sathyan' movie and Rama Rajyam!
    Last edited by V_S; 28th May 2011 at 08:28 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S,

You have saved me the trouble of writing my views since your views exactly reflect mine The only problem with 'Angel Angel' I have is that the second interlude is not long enough and the charanams are not long enough!!! Otherwise a lovely composition.

To me, 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna' has the freeflowing nature of 'aatamaa therottamaa'. Love this song. The song is not revolutionary in nature. This seems to be sung by gangsters.

I fully agree with you on the KJY song. You can clearly see his struggle as he goes up and it is very evident that the song has been tuned (maybe modified) keeping the limitations of his voice. And due to that the power that this song could have generated is lost.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sureshji,
    Very happy to hear that I reflected your thoughts.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw when was HRHK supposed to be released? If i remember correctly its shooting started around mid to late 2009. Hopefully padithurai and thandavakone release ASAP.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hulk,

I am someone feeling that HRHK may go the 'Nannavanu' way. It may release but not sure when. As far 'Thandavakone' is concerned, I have no clue. Neither about 'Sengathu Bhoomiyile'. I know that lot of people are eagerly awaiting 'Padithurai' music and movie. Not sure when this will release.