Page 81 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saagar,

That is really surprising indeed. For I see most of the kids here go for the modern sounding beat driven songs. Maybe it has to do with what they are exposed to in childhood. She has good taste for sure

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're probably right Suresh,

There could not have been a bigger coincidence - Just as I'm into this, one of the singers in idea Star singer sang "Nee Pournami endrum en nenjile..." today & she came running to me after that wanting to Know if we have this song - "pls play it for me...!" & It's the first time she is hearing this song!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sagar,

Wow. That's all I can say. If a kid of 4 loves 'nee pournami' on the first listen, you can rest in peace regarding her taste in music!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saagar
    You're probably right Suresh,

There could not have been a bigger coincidence - Just as I'm into this, one of the singers in idea Star singer sang "Nee Pournami endrum en nenjile..." today & she came running to me after that wanting to Know if we have this song - "pls play it for me...!" & It's the first time she is hearing this song!
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas
    Jaiganes, Suresh,

that generation gap is not new to me but jaiganes, ensure that your kid learns music. may be, she will come back to you and say that "bass line" in Chinna Polike is interesting than a very machinated "Om Shanti" Then may be,i can say "See, I was and I am young"
    she has already spotted the layers of vocal harmony in different sthaayis and different styles.
    one group singing 'Om Shaanthi' in western style in high pitch, with one group singing it in lower scale - Indian style - they create a sound effect which is very unique and catchy.

One more thing I have taken a liking to in that song is the brief connecting electric guitar bit that ties the lines in the charanam giving tempo - neatly done. Also the lyricist has got a good musical ear in coming up with phrases like 'kaalusthu peloosthu' Which to my Telugu lacking ear sounds exactly in sync with the tune.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suryakanthi (Kannada) is likely to be IR's first movie release for 2010.
    This movie is likely to release for Sankranthi (Pongal).

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas
    Jaiganes, Suresh,

that generation gap is not new to me but jaiganes, ensure that your kid learns music. may be, she will come back to you and say that "bass line" in Chinna Polike is interesting than a very machinated "Om Shanti" Then may be,i can say "See, I was and I am young"
    she has already spotted the layers of vocal harmony in different sthaayis and different styles.
    Too much Jai - dont give us an inferiority complex

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per recent interview of IR to The Hindu, onething is very clear.

He's not going to work on any non-filmi albums unless some big music company produces it (highly unlikely at this point of time).

So, unless Agi music does some compilation of his pre-2K BGM and things like that, there may not be another instrumental album from his in the near future. Instead, he'll look for ways to make some quick bucks from films (even if that means just singing alone, like in the case of Goa).

No great issues, we have enough works of him to listen for years anyways.

Just one small wish, that some big firm pays him to release his symphony #1 ( Can Agi or Balki do something about it?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Per recent interview of IR to The Hindu, onething is very clear.

He's not going to work on any non-filmi albums unless some big music company produces it (highly unlikely at this point of time).

So, unless Agi music does some compilation of his pre-2K BGM and things like that, there may not be another instrumental album from his in the near future. Instead, he'll look for ways to make some quick bucks from films (even if that means just singing alone, like in the case of Goa).

No great issues, we have enough works of him to listen for years anyways.

Just one small wish, that some big firm pays him to release his symphony #1 ( Can Agi or Balki do something about it?)
    andha symphony vishayathhula yedho thaaru maaru nadandhurukku - otherwise he wud have released it long ago - either in terms of quality or copyrights related issue, there is something serious abt the symphony - i dont think either AGI or balki can do anything abt it

besides even if it is released, namma buddhi/vetkam ketta makkal will download illegally - there is no incentive in it for IR in anyway, UNLESS someone buys it from him at a decent price
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    besides even if it is released, namma buddhi/vetkam ketta makkal will download illegally
    "Buddhi ketta makkal" are not there exclusively for spoiling IR's chances. These people do it for any music from anybody.
    IR needs to stop fuming over the system and learn to swim in the new trend currents !