Page 117 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1503

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    As a prominent musician of our times, IR should express his views. Accept it or don't. But don't deny him the right to express. Imo, he has a point. It is not about how well you do what you have been taught.
    Totally agreed! Just that i felt the ocassion was not right! Its a happy occassion. it would have been nice if he just chilled out and elaborated on positive aspects. I know he was asked to comment on it, by journos, but then... whats the point of talking about negative things on a festival?
    or may I am too bored listening to him talk about same issue over and over, since few years.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ilayaraja, the person, is quite different from his music. They are not the one and the same. He can be anything he wants to, his personal choice. And he can utter anything he wants, arrogantly or not. His music is what matters, and as a composer nobody is evolved enough to dispute his genius. Connecting his utterance after this award, to his personality and eventually, to his music, is like saying people hate Rahman for the CWG theme. People hate the theme music, not the person - and some people misunderstand that hatred and direct it towards the composer. Quite unfortunate - in both cases.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas
    nitu_krishnan,

every artist creates his own laws. There were many composers who created their own laws and operated within those laws.And broke them too, to create something 'pathbreaking'. IR too did the same.created laws.and even broke some laws, to create something beautiful (beautiful for fans; for an outsider who is not exposed to IR music or for someone who dislikes IR music, it is not beautiful and hence he/she would say that laws were broken. who is right? who is wrong? it is subjective).Same applies to everyone.

arrogance is a human trait.music is just music.you please ask IR if music, generally can be 'arrogant'.he will tell you that there is music even in barking of dogs and how can a 7 notes have arrogance inside them. they are afterall sounds.
    Something that we do not like, does not mean that law of music has been violated. I wonder if there are laws for music. There are only forms (this again will be disproved by IR,for he seamlessly merges forms to prove that Music is ONE), but laws! i am not sure. if you like IR music, it doesnt mean Charlie parker music or Beatles music violates the laws of music and hence arrogant. Its all about either we like or dislike. Thats all! rest all, are our perceptions, based on the labels we give, to identify them.

This is getting philosophical. So, as i said, take it easy and lets continue with usual discussions!
    I dont mean to say that I do not like the music of others.I do like other forms of music though I dont listen to them a lot.As a tamilian I do regret the lack of good MDs when i see the comments in youtube videos linking most of the current tamil songs to hollywood songs calling it "lifts " and "copy cats"...plagiarism in tamil songs is escalating, Whether we agree or not...Let the current MDs create a style of their own, compose ORIGINAL tunes....I 'll be the happiest person....
    Others might defend saying even IR copied...yes I agree ...may be 100 songs out of his 4500...thats it ...Other MDs % of lifting is shocking ..close to 50 %...this is what I call arrogant music...taking credit,when not deserving ...

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just that i felt the ocassion was not right!
    I think this "occasion" business is only for people surrounding him

His way of hitting out his thoughts is possibly an indirect way of telling "Hey, I don't care about this award / glitter business. Good that it brought some microphones in front of me to give me freedom of expression i.e. telling what I feel to the publikku...don't care for it any more than that "

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Just that i felt the ocassion was not right!
    I think this "occasion" business is only for people surrounding him

His way of hitting out his thoughts is possibly an indirect way of telling "Hey, I don't care about this award / glitter business. Good that it brought some microphones in front of me to give me freedom of expression i.e. telling what I feel to the publikku...don't care for it any more than that "
    Absolutely ! He has nothing to loose right now by making such statements..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole world knows that Raja is not a media-friendly person.His words and interviews may not be sweet to your ears but his music definitely is.

This is a free world and if today's composers have a right (obviously because of their limitations) to dish out music at their will, and some
    thukkada has a right to write whatever he feels in his blog/web, Raja definitely has his rights in expressing whatever he feels.

Why do you guys want him to talk the way, to your liking. is he asking anything like that to you as a person? He has his rights to express just the way you do it.

I think, Raja's words are straight out of his heart, just like his music. you may or may not like it, but u cannot control him.

Respect him as an individual and we do not have any rights to deny him, what you and i get.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always wondered why this Man with all his extraordinary talent did not get his due recognition worldwide. Now Im convinced that there is a basic simple reason for it. I wonder how he will put others down if he had to get an Oscar.

The audacity to show him instrumentalists!! when the western world is still under seige with some on fantastic instrumentalists from India.

Shabbaaa ..cant even imagine the tone of the interview.

Havent seen one interview where he does not say " Music is in my blood. It like breath to Me" !! and offcourse how bad are people's taste has gone down. and he is not alone, I have seen some of his fans here come and tell how mediocre other MD's are (trip to kerala does this to people I guess) ..Why cant anyone understand people's taste varies. Never underestimate the power of the people.. Maybe thats where ARR stands apart. His humility is humbling!!

Just as Raja is given freedom to express his thoughts, so am I. I cannot separate the man from his music. Maybe some of you can. Raja to me is more than just another musician whose music runs in my car. I am more hurt than anything.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    I have always wondered why this Man with all his extraordinary talent did not get his due recognition worldwide. .
    simple ! Oscar does not deserve to be in the hands of this genius..sounds too much..it is too much like his music..