Page 358 of 401 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kalaigyar TV advertises about a 30 minutes interview with Raja on May day @9 am . Hope they pose few interesting questions and make the man talk about his music more than anything else

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The interview turned out to be specific to MEGHA movie. Couple of interesting songs (making) shown though; keeps us interested

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes rooky. Both the IR programmes, the Kalaingyar and Jaya TV interviews were specific to Megha . Even the kind of cliched questions were similar, which even a new born would, by now know how Raja would have responded. Then why do they keep asking the same kind of questions that they would normally ask a GVP or Thaman, to a veteran genius like IR is what annoys me to no end.
    Sample cliches - How have the songs come out - GVP or Thaman kind would have gushed and told like they are Grammy worthy. Anybody could guess what Raja would reply.
    Which is your most fav number - GVP/Thaman would unabashedly pick the only carnatic raga based pseudo melody in that film and would goad all Rasika perumakkaL to listen and enhance their music sensibilities.vIf there is a top hero like Ajith/Vijay/Surya in that project, they would throw away another bittu like "There is a super thathuva paadal "ondrai kaNNAle..." which Vijay/Ajith/Surya cannot keep his mouth off. Our Super hero keeps humming this song whole day and his son begs him to change the channel .................. he he ...."

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "நான் யார் யோசனையையும் கேட்க மாட்டேன்! " - தலைப்பையே இப்படித்தான் வைக்கிறார்கள்.

https://twitter.com/IlaiyaraajaFans/...213185/photo/1

தலைப்பே போதும்! வெகுஜன மக்களது ராஜாவின் பிம்பம் இன்னும் பெரிதாகவதற்கு.

"யார் யோசனைகளையும் ஏற்றுக்கொள்பவன் அல்ல", "அவர்களின் யோசனைகளை விட நல்லதாகத்தான் இருக்கும்"

ராஜாவும் மாறல.. மக்களின் இசை தவிர்த்து அவர் மீதான மதிப்பீடும் மாறப்போவதில்லை. சக்ரம் சுழண்டு கொண்டெ இருக்கட்டும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    "நான் யார் யோசனையையும் கேட்க மாட்டேன்! " - தலைப்பையே இப்படித்தான் வைக்கிறார்கள்.

"யார் யோசனைகளையும் ஏற்றுக்கொள்பவன் அல்ல", "அவர்களின் யோசனைகளை விட நல்லதாகத்தான் இருக்கும்"

ராஜாவும் மாறல.. மக்களின் இசை தவிர்த்து அவர் மீதான மதிப்பீடும் மாறப்போவதில்லை. சக்ரம் சுழண்டு கொண்டெ இருக்கட்டும்.

Going through the link venkkiram posted, I managed to get to the next set of ilayathalam Maestro's Q&A. Following part 6 and 7 are better, Sivamani did a good job. That lady with Sivamani is so blessed, Raja sir played harmonium while she sang 'rasave unnathaan'.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if Raja should care about others opinion. Its tough to understand the world from his perspective when you have spent so many years learning and excelling in his craft. During his time he has revered and learnt from Dhanraj master, TVG and even recently he was learning Jazz from hte guy from Budapest. He looks for a certain level of expertise and genius from people who he can learn from him. And when he is asked question, he is not hyprocritical. I actually enjoy his attitude instead of false, put on humility that others do.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    சார். அதே நேரத்தில் நாம் பொது ஜனங்களோட உரையோடும்போது "தலைக்கணம் பிடிச்சவர்"னு பொத்தாம் பொதுவா வருகிற அபிப்ராயங்களையும் சகிச்சுக்கணும்னு நெனைக்கிறேன். ரெண்டும் ரெண்டு விதமான துருவங்கள். அவர் எந்தப் பத்திரிகை மூலமாக லட்சக்கணக்கான மக்களை கேள்வி - பதில் மூலமாக சென்றடைகிறாரோ அதே பத்திரிக்கைத்தான் "நான் யார் யோசனையையும் கேட்க மாட்டேன்!" என்ற வாசகத்தை கொட்டை எழுத்தில் பிரசுரிக்கிறது. அவர்களுக்கு எப்படியெல்லாம் செய்தால் பொதுமக்களின் கவனத்தை கவரலாம் என்பதறிந்து அதையே முன்னிலைப் படுத்துகிறார்கள். In one way, its damaging IR's image. IMO. (நான் அதுக்குள்ளேயே இரு நண்பர்களிடமிருந்து இதே அலைநீள அபிப்ராயங்களை எதிர்க்கொண்டு விட்டேன். )
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    சார். அதே நேரத்தில் நாம் பொது ஜனங்களோட உரையோடும்போது "தலைக்கணம் பிடிச்சவர்"னு பொத்தாம் பொதுவா வருகிற அபிப்ராயங்களையும் சகிச்சுக்கணும்னு நெனைக்கிறேன். ரெண்டும் ரெண்டு விதமான துருவங்கள். அவர் எந்தப் பத்திரிகை மூலமாக லட்சக்கணக்கான மக்களை கேள்வி - பதில் மூலமாக சென்றடைகிறாரோ அதே பத்திரிக்கைத்தான் "நான் யார் யோசனையையும் கேட்க மாட்டேன்!" என்ற வாசகத்தை கொட்டை எழுத்தில் பிரசுரிக்கிறது. அவர்களுக்கு எப்படியெல்லாம் செய்தால் பொதுமக்களின் கவனத்தை கவரலாம் என்பதறிந்து அதையே முன்னிலைப் படுத்துகிறார்கள். In one way, its damaging IR's image. IMO. (நான் அதுக்குள்ளேயே இரு நண்பர்களிடமிருந்து இதே அலைநீள அபிப்ராயங்களை எதிர்க்கொண்டு விட்டேன். )
    IR's image will be based on his compositions - 100 years later when the music from the late 1900s and early 2000s are heard without the other elements, I am sure people will hail IR as an extroordinary musician of the era - as we hail people of the past era now like Bass, Mozart. People who create an image for IR based on such headines are using the wrong criteria to assess a music composer - I am 51 and one thing I have learnt over these years is you cannot argue with stupidity. Every day I listen to a different collection of IR songs (I have 3100 IR songs on my iphone) and I come away with awe that there is absolutely no one else like him.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One other thing.... listen to the video clips with Sivamani that rajarmsgi posted - he says that Noel - the drummer who IR was in awe with and termed how he was the best - and took his suggestion of changing the beat in Oru Naal song - what it says is his standards for excellence are very high - I would not worry if many superficial people dont understand him.

Quote Originally Posted by kr View Post
    IR's image will be based on his compositions - 100 years later when the music from the late 1900s and early 2000s are heard without the other elements, I am sure people will hail IR as an extroordinary musician of the era - as we hail people of the past era now like Bass, Mozart. People who create an image for IR based on such headines are using the wrong criteria to assess a music composer - I am 51 and one thing I have learnt over these years is you cannot argue with stupidity. Every day I listen to a different collection of IR songs (I have 3100 IR songs on my iphone) and I come away with awe that there is absolutely no one else like him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Kr sir. Out of my insatiable greed that IR should work with top berth folks in the industry like Mani, Shankar. Rajini, Kamal , etal.. and there by get some very great stuff from IR, I used to feel exasperated due to IR's lack of diplomacy. I tjink Venkikram has similar thoughts too.
    But now a days, I have come to terms with the moods of the genius.
    I realized geniuses can be quirky and need not conform to these so called hypocritic social niceties , which the industry is so full of.