Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Electriceel, I just love your analogy

Regards
    die-hard fan of ilayaraja

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That doesn;t look like a review at all and where exactly did the "reviewer" watched the movie.Not read any special premiers for NEP till today.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has released in Dubai Thursday afternoon

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NEPV released in Muscat on Wednesday & I watched it this evening. It’s a horribly slow movie & a mega sodhappal from GVM. I am shedding blood tears for Maestro He is totally wasted in the movie. There is not much BGM pieces. All the songs come one after the other & the interludes are repeated as BGM most of the times. The film moves at a snail's pace without much interesting scenes and tests the patience of the viewers. I had enough archanai from family for taking them to watch this ordeal.

Only things I noted: there is a symphonic 3rd interlude added to Vaanam Mella song & a short bit of Pengal Endral in Maestro’s voice. Otherwise, nothing much to write about

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

It's really sad to see the initial reviews on Nee thane en Ponvasantham--All the buildup for what ? A school life story for an English Orchestra ?

In any event, I l stopped believing GVM after I saw VTV-- his limited knowledge when Kamal goes all the way to the US to solve a murder, and touting about his Raghavan instinct--an instinct to just scour a region for a body, when the place is just behind the scene of the kidnap.

A riveting story was expected, but what was presented was a loose and illogical story.

Hope the fans like this movie as they did VTV and make this a hit for at least the hardwork put by IR and all the unnecessary buildup.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crvenky View Post
    NEPV released in Muscat on Wednesday & I watched it this evening. It’s a horribly slow movie & a mega sodhappal from GVM. I am shedding blood tears for Maestro He is totally wasted in the movie. There is not much BGM pieces. All the songs come one after the other & the interludes are repeated as BGM most of the times. The film moves at a snail's pace without much interesting scenes and tests the patience of the viewers. I had enough archanai from family for taking them to watch this ordeal.

Only things I noted: there is a symphonic 3rd interlude added to Vaanam Mella song & a short bit of Pengal Endral in Maestro’s voice. Otherwise, nothing much to write about

So, sadly the enigma haunting IR has come true again

Whenever big directors switch to IR from other MDs, they come up with a failing product..

Agathiyan, Cheran, Myskkin, now GVM to the list...sad..very sad !

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan View Post
    So, sadly the enigma haunting IR has come true again

Whenever big directors switch to IR from other MDs, they come up with a failing product..

Agathiyan, Cheran, Myskkin, now GVM to the list...sad..very sad !
    The problem is all these directors come with their fresh ideas initially and its new in the market and sells.
    By the time they come to IR their brand of movies are typical and boring.

A classic reverse case is Bala..Sedhu, Pithamagan type of movies where his brand..he came to IR and they became hits.
    But then his brand of movies started becoming boring and be it IR or anybody cannot save them

I doubted the same with GVM..never have liked his movies..didnt even watch VTV, varanam etc..
    He has tried his same formula in NEPV.It will never get crtitical acclaim.His target audience is the college crowd. ..lets wait and see if it does commercially fine.

Dosent matter anyways..we have got what it matters..a new age Raja album..Thats all matters

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balachidam View Post
    The problem is all these directors come with their fresh ideas initially and its new in the market and sells.
    By the time they come to IR their brand of movies are typical and boring.

A classic reverse case is Bala..Sedhu, Pithamagan type of movies where his brand..he came to IR and they became hits.
    But then his brand of movies started becoming boring and be it IR or anybody cannot save them

I doubted the same with GVM..never have liked his movies..didnt even watch VTV, varanam etc..
    He has tried his same formula in NEPV.It will never get crtitical acclaim.His target audience is the college crowd. ..lets wait and see if it does commercially fine.

Dosent matter anyways..we have got what it matters..a new age Raja album..Thats all matters

Disagree with you on the last line..
    if you want just an album to enjoy, that is fine. But if you want that album to be popular and well received by public, the film has to succeed...
    I believe we are not living in the "Kadhal Oviyam" times where music stood apart irrespective of the film's failure..

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan View Post
    Disagree with you on the last line..
    if you want just an album to enjoy, that is fine. But if you want that album to be popular and well received by public, the film has to succeed...
    I believe we are not living in the "Kadhal Oviyam" times where music stood apart irrespective of the film's failure..
    Completely agree with you on your view.
    My thought is as a Raja fan alone. Public/popularity at large is just good to have.

Post Thanks / Like
    GVM cautions viewers to scale down their expectations! He advises them to come just for Ilayaraja.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...-14-12-12.html

Perhaps, he has realized that his goose will be cooked soon.