Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ilayaraaja - Maniratnam bury their differences - TOI
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/19398901.cms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maestro's Q&A session - from ilayathalam site.

Maestro Q&A - 1A

Maestro Q&A - 1B

Maestro Q& A - 2

Maestro Q&A -3

Maestro Q&A - 4

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    part 5

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    எண்ணற்ற ரசிகர்களையும் சென்றடையும் விதத்தில் இணையத்தில் நேரடியாகவே ராஜா இதுபோல உரையாடுவது வரவேற்கத் தக்க விஷயம். ஆனால் கொடுக்கப்பட்ட வாய்ப்பு சரிவர பயன்படுத்தப்பட்டிருக்கிறதா? ஒரு பாடலை இது என்ன ராகம், அது என்ன ராகம்னு கேட்க ஆரம்பிச்சா கேட்டுக்கொண்டே இருக்கலாம். இவ்வளவு பரந்து பட்ட ராஜாவின் இசை வடிவங்களை கர்நாடக சங்கீதத்திற்குள்ளாகவே கேள்விகளை சுருக்குவது ரசிகப் பண்டிதர்களின் குண்டு சட்டித்தனம்தான். கர்நாடக சங்கீதத்தை அடிப்படையாகக் கொண்டு இணையத் தளத்தில் பலப் பல கட்டுரைகள், விமர்சனங்கள் நிறைய படிக்கிறோம்... ராஜாவிடம் கேள்வி கேட்கும்போது அதிகம் அவரால் பேசப்படாத நாட்டுப்புற இசை, மேற்கத்திய இசை பற்றி கேட்கலாம். ஒரேவகை உணர்ச்சியாக இருந்தாலும் வெவ்வேறு விதமாக பாடலாக்கம் செய்திருப்பது பற்றி.. உதாரணமாக விரக தாபப் பாடல்களை ராஜா பல வண்ணங்களில் மெட்டமமைத்துக் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார். நேத்து ராத்திரி, மீண்டும் மீண்டும் வா, சாமக்கோழி கூவுதம்மா, பள்ளிக் கூடம் போகலாமா, பொன் வானம் பன்னீர், பொன் மேனி உருகுதே, கண்ணில் ஏனோ மின்னல் இப்படி பலப்பல..- சங்கீத அறிவியலுக்குள் செல்லாமலேயே உணர்வுகளின் தளத்திலேயே நின்று பல கேள்விகளைக் கேட்கலாம்.. மேலும்.. ராஜாவின் பாஸ் கிடார் உபயோகத்தைப் பற்றிய பலரது சிலாகிப்புக்களை நிறைய வாசிக்கிறோம்.. ஜாஸ் இசை வகையை தாளக்கட்டுகளில் ராஜா வெவ்வெறு விதத்தில் உபயோகித்திருப்பது பற்றி விக்கி எழுதியிருக்கிறார். அதைப் பற்றிய கேள்விகள் ராஜாவிடத்தில் கேட்கலாம்.. அவர் கட்டமைக்கும் நெஞ்சை அள்ளும் கோரஸ் வடிவங்கள்/துண்டுப் பாடல்கள்/தொகையறாக்கள்/-கள் நிறைய. அதைப் பற்றிக் கேட்கலாம். படங்களுக்கு(உதா: முதல் மரியாதை, மௌன ராகம், சலங்கை ஒலி, காதலுக்கு மரியாதை, தேவர் மகன், அபூ.சகோதரர்கள், அஞ்சலி, தளபதி, நாயகன், காலாபாணி ) ராஜா உருவாக்கிய புகழ்பெற்ற தீம் இசைகளை பற்றி கேள்வி கேட்கலாம்.. கடவுள் நேரா தோன்றினா என்ன கேட்கணும், என்ன கேட்கக் கூடாதுன்னு கேள்வி - யார் தேர்வு செய்தது? நேர விரயம். "சேர்ந்திருப்பதும், விலகியிருப்பதும் அந்த இடத்துல நடக்குற சமாச்சாரம். இதுல பி.எச்.டி-யினால என்ன பண்ணா முடியும்" - ராஜா. பி.எச்.டி பற்றிய கேள்வியே எனக்கு புரியல. யாராவது விளக்க முடியுமா? சொல்லப் போனால்.. இதுவும் ஆகச் சிறந்த கேள்வி அல்ல.. முக்கியமா, அவர் என்ன சொல்வார் என ஒரளவுக்கு எளிதாக நம்மாலேயே யூக்கிப்படியான கேள்விகளைத் தவிருங்கள். எதிர்காலத்தில் வாய்ப்புக்களை சரியாக பயன்படுத்தி அடர்த்தியான விஷயங்களை கேளுங்க. நல்லக் கேள்வி என ராஜாவே சொல்லும் விதத்தில் அமையனும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    எண்ணற்ற ரசிகர்களையும் சென்றடையும் விதத்தில் இணையத்தில் நேரடியாகவே ராஜா இதுபோல உரையாடுவது வரவேற்கத் தக்க விஷயம். ஆனால் கொடுக்கப்பட்ட வாய்ப்பு சரிவர பயன்படுத்தப்பட்டிருக்கிறதா?

நன்றி சுந்தர் வரதராஜன்.

வெங்கிராம், கஷ்டமாத்தான் இருக்கிறது. என்ன செய்ய? ராஜா சாரும் தன்னை ஒரு கர்நாடக சங்கீத வித்வானாகவே நினைத்து கொள்கிறார், அது பற்றி பேசவும், கர்நாடக மேதைகளிடம் பழகுவதையும் பெருமையாக கருதுகிறார் . 'அந்த' பாஷைகளில் பேசும்போது அவரை நீங்கள் கவனிக்க வேண்டும். முகத்தில் அப்படி ஒரு சந்தோஷம். மேலும் ஆன்மீகத்தை பற்றி பேச சொன்னால் மனிதர் சாட்சாத் சொற்பொழிவாளராக மாறி விடுகிறார்.

ஆடுகிற மாட்டை ஆடி தான் கறக்க வேண்டும். அதை தான் எம்பார் கண்ணன் செய்கிறார் என்று நினைக்கிறேன். அதுக்காக ராஜா சாரை மாடு என்று சொல்லிவிட்டேன் என்று சண்டைக்கு வராதீர்கள். ராஜா சார் என் தந்தைக்கு மேல். நீங்கள் சொல்வது போல் கர்நாடக சங்கீத எல்லைக்குள்ளும், ஆன்மீகதிலும் இந்த பேட்டிகளை அடக்கி விடாமல், சற்றே விலகி நின்று என்னை போன்றோருக்கு அவரை பேச விடலாம். (என் இசை அறிவிற்கும், சிந்து பைரவி சுலக்ஷ்னா அறிவிற்கும் எந்த வித்யாசமும் இல்லை) என் தகுதி எல்லாம் ராஜா சாரின் பைத்தியகார ரசிகன் என்பது மட்டும் தான்.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice initiative by Ilaiyathalam. I was a little disappointed with the first Q&A though. The reader's question was a very modest one. All that he/she wanted to know was the raga of the song confiding that his/her knowledge on this topic was limited. However when the same was passed on to Raja, it gave the impression to him that someone was actually questioning his knowledge on a raga, and there were giggles and laughter on how people often mistake ragas. This to me was unnecessary. I am sure this would've broken the heart of one true Raja fan.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure if you have checked out the itunes - there is a new album called "Maestro's Background Scores" - has about 20+ background scores from different movies such as Pandavaas, Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai , Lajja, Thandavakone, Mouna Raagam, Anjali etc. - The scores from Pandavaas and Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai are oustanding - dont have to ven mention about Mouna Raagam - maybe an all time great

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH! this ILAYATHALAM folks are going to send professionals like Embar Kannan to ask other people's questions to IR, is it?

Neither Ilayaraja nor Embar Kannan intrigued me!

What about Embar Kannan himself?

He must be curious about Ilayaraja's music, thoughts to exchange with Raja about music!
    Last edited by baroque; 7th April 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    About Embar Kannan here:
    http://www.thehindu.com/features/fri...cle4544076.ece

Embar S. Kannan

Instrument: Violin

Films: Devar Magan and Ejaman

He is a leading accompanist today. But even as a sixth grader, Embar Kannan’s heart longed to play for one of the finest composers of the country — Ilaiyaraja. “My father, Embar Sadagopan, knew G.K. Venkatesh, was close to Ilaiyaraja and requested him to introduce me to Raja sir,” Kannan recollects fondly. “I met Raja sir and told him it was my dream to play for him and he said continue learning and when time comes you can join me.” As a school boy Kannan played the violin for the Tamil film Puli Petra Pillai and a few Kannada movies. “Later, as a Carnatic accompanist, I got a chance to perform in the maestro’s house during Navarathri. I was accompanying Sudha Raghunathan. At the end of the concert, he said ‘Kanna, nalla vaasche! ) and I was in seventh heaven.”

The day he finished school, Kannan watched Thalapathy in the theatre. “What a movie it was, and what music! The next day I went to the studios and told Raja sir I had finished schooling and was ready to join him. He instantly agreed. Ever since June 1991, I treated his studios as my ‘office’. I was there Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. It was pure joy,” he says, “People say I missed college as I studied through correspondence but I tell them, ‘Look at what I have gained’. I spent everyday with this genius. That feeling of playing in the orchestra with 25 violins, 8 violas, 3 cellos and keyboards with S.P.B. and S. Janaki singing live, is unparalleled. I have learnt a lot from him. At five in the evening, when I had kutcheris, I would tell him I had to leave — mid-way during a recording — and he would be happy to let me go. Who will do that?” asks Kannan, who has played in movies such as Veera, Ejaman, Pandian, Devar Magan and more.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah.. for a guy who has been working for Ilayaraja for yrs, they could have done awesome with their time together in this video interview!
    disappointing!
    Ilayathalam dismissed Embar kannan as messenger!
    ' enga Raja fans kekkara indha 4 questionsyaiyum kellu, po! '
    that's nice Embar kannan has loyalties towards Ilayaraja's affairs but what about his heart and purpose regarding this episode!
    Now you know why the giggles come! The fellows have ZERO grasp of their roles in this episode!
    where is Embar kannan-Ilayaraja's heart to heart, musician to musician, Guru-Shishya's exchange or something engaging!

little bit they are playing the composition!
    Last edited by baroque; 9th April 2013 at 04:05 AM.