Page 354 of 401 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    kr, any link for this album? I cudn't find on the iTunes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Ratnam, Raaja & Rahman - It's all about collections!!!

Looks like Suhasini is more eager to announce the Rahman's name for Ratnam's next film
    http://www.kollyinsider.com/2013/04/...aja-or-ar.html

Ratnam is already in deep trouble with financiers with his two mega flops so far. His family has been threatened and security cover has been deployed 24x7 around his house as reported in the press. Ratnam/ Suhasini know very well that Madras Talkies has to somehow salvage its name with the Pakistani flick. Rahman certainly brings a premium over Maestro when he is part of the team. That's the reality now. It is important to note that Ratnam’s brother and financier GV had committed suicide in 2003 over bad film financing. Ratnam certainly doesn’t want more flops to his list.

It is a well known fact that "Kadal" background score had completely drowned the dialogues besides the background audio was not coherent. This flaw happened in spite of Ratnam spending nights with Rahman during background score recording. How did Ratnam not notice this serious problem? Actually background scores are nowadays outsourced to music conductors for quick turnaround. The base tune for a song can be recorded in an iPad in few minutes while you are flying. The base MP3 file could then be produced as a 5 minute song in less than 24 hours without live orchestra. The playback singer would later dub the song from his/her own soundproof room sitting in another city. Imagine Maestro agreeing to such deals.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...cle4564366.ece

It is a known fact that directors like Ratnam, BR and Gautam sit through the background recording sessions. The bottom line for producers and directors is to have one or two drooling/peppy chorus songs, and nothing else matters. If these directors engage Maestro, then the game is different. I don't think the current generations of Tamil film makers have the patience and time to make a quality film - very few of them do have that dedication. Frankly when I watched "Neerparavai" and "Kadal" almost around the same time, the overall feel was so contrasting. "Kadal" was a complete disappointment in every sense. Now Ratnam is not Steven Spielberg to have his trusted Music Director John Williams score all his films. We don’t see such kind of close relationship between Director and his technical team in India. Film financiers/ producers in India always call the shots on the team composition. Maestro may not be the best bet to many Tamil producers. As I keep saying, Tamil films should start separating song composition and background score by bringing two music directors.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

இது தான் இப்போ மியூசிக் இண்டஸ்ட்ரில நடக்குதா? கிழிஞ்சுது கிருஷ்ணகிரி. இவரு தான் இசை அமைசாருனு cd லேபில் பார்த்து நாம கேட்டா நாம ஏமாந்து போவோம் போல. அதையெல்லாம் நாமளும் காசு கொடுத்து வாங்கி கேட்கிறோம், ராஜா சார் படல்களை திருட்டு தனமாய் டவுன்லோட் செய்து கேட்கிறோம்.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When will the friends here have the basic decency to discuss about Raja and his works without throwing potshots at other composers? As a Rahman fan, I am obliged to clear a few things. Bgms and songs of Roja and all the Mani-ARR films have won more accolades than any film that Mani previously worked with. Roja's score was termed as one of the best scores of all time by the Time magazine. Neither of Agni Natchathiram or Mouna Raagam enjoyed that kind of recognition. And we Rahman fans have a special liking to Mani-ARR combo even though the former's recent form is nowhere near his best. Mani helped ARR with an entry to stardom and now the later is repaying it by giving Mani's films a business value. And Mani hardly lost anything because of his split with Raja. In fact, for people like me, he has done the greatest service to mankind in 92.

When you guys are content with Raja being above films, directors why do you even want to highlight the meeting of Raja-Mani, Suhasini's denials? Why this sudden outrage on Rahman after Suhasini cleared the airs? I can't think of any other reason other than stomach burns.

And usage of Music arrangers are quite common among composers who are busy. They are nothing but the people who give the finishing touches. Tune creation and orchestration will be done by the MD and engineering, mixing, mastering will be done under the supervision of the arrangers. MDs can anytime become arrangers but not vice versa. And as I said earlier, this concept is applicable for composers who have no time. Some composers have all the time in the world and they can do everything on their own.

P.S: I hardly visit this thread after witnessing the quality of discussions falling down drastically. Earlier there were many discussions which were worthy spending time with. I guess those hubbers have quit and the new set is only interested in mud slinging. Sad!!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    P.S: I hardly visit this thread after witnessing the quality of discussions falling down drastically. Earlier there were many discussions which were worthy spending time with. I guess those hubbers have quit and the new set is only interested in mud slinging. Sad!!

But It is not about bashing, it is a forum where people come and go like any place.

I am glad someone is passing some news about what he/she thinks would be of interest to others rather than putting this forum to sleep. Read it or leave it if you think if something is not up to your standards.

It is not fair that many of the long timers keep discouraging new comers by saying they do not want to come here because all the intellectuals have quit and is not very attractive here.

I prefer you people to train or provide advice to the baby hubbers like us on how to write interesting topics rather than saying that you want to quit. The legacy of tfmpage should go on even if many don't want to come here. No one is going to stay here forever, we all have to go one day, we all have to quit when that day comes.
    Last edited by rajaramsgi; 12th April 2013 at 07:06 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sir,

There is nothing like long timers or baby hubbers here. I meant the discussions and the quality. Earlier in this same thread, people used to discuss about IR songs which were underrated or didn't get the public attention. I, an ARR fan, have unearthed a few IR gems here. Eg: Meenkodi Theril from Karumbu Vil. Such kind of discussions will not only pull hubbers to thread but also enlighten people who've not known IR as the previous generation did.

But check the discussions happening off late. ARR is being bashed for no reason. I also see actors being termed selfish. Come on, this is a business and huge money is involved. Makers will bet on winning horses. There was a period when IR was composing literally for every film that released. Now times have changed. Unfortunately fans haven't.

Just my thoughts. Have a good time here.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Bgms and songs of Roja and all the Mani-ARR films have won more accolades than any film that Mani previously worked with. Roja's score was termed as one of the best scores of all time by the Time magazine. Neither of Agni Natchathiram or Mouna Raagam enjoyed that kind of recognition.
    Listen to the BGMs of Mani rathanam +IR movies from pagal nilavu to Thalapathi. Then you will know what is meant by BGM? BGM from Ithayathai thirudathey, Agni nakshatram climax scenes are classic examples of how a BGM should be.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is waste of time explaining to someone who just discovered Meenkodi Theril. It was Mani who wanted to meet IR not the other way around.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talking about BGM, the Maestro's Background Score is an album released by Agi Music on march 18th on iTunes. Search on iTunes Store using the name Ilaiyaraaja and browse the albums. The combo of Azhagarsami Kudhirai, Pandavaas, Lajja, Cheeni Kum, Nandalala, mountain Ragamuffin, Nayagan, Anjali, Virumandi scores make this as enjoyable an album like HTNI and NBW. Reinforces why IR has no par.....I can totally understand that it's not his loss if people do not want to use him in their movies......

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kr.

here is the link to hear the preview

http://music.ovi.com/in/en/pc/Produc...Music/44075821