Page 374 of 401 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rsubras,
    even if IR does the same to others. It is wrong. And there is nothing in me saying that ARR should have been careful.

Yaagavar aayinum naa kaaka kaavakaal
    sogaapar sollizhuku pattu - this fits for ARR for his derogatory comment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    pidikkatha marumagal kai pattalum kuttram, kaal pattalum kuttram. ithula avlothan solla mudiyum.......on all these attacks about ARR and one gentleman commented, ARR lacks responsibility, waiting for some reason to launch an attack I suppose, without worrying about whether it is worth or not
    ரொம்ப தம் கட்றிங்க பாஸ்!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not the first time ARR has passed such comments either. What about:

"Because I believe that my share is defined by God. And that’s what I’m getting. So even if I want to do 30 movies, I can’t because it’s not my share. Unlike earlier, when a composer was in the limelight, he used to take all the movies and even when somebody wanted to go to another person, he would say: ‘No, no, don’t go. I’ll do it for less.’ I don’t need that."

Yeah, right, who's stopping him taking up 30 movies at a time? But can he really take on 30-40 films a year, year after year, for 15 or so years at a stretch and do justice to all? It took him what 6 months to compose the Commonwealth Games song. But he's so clever that he tries to project his slower pace of working as being oh so generous to other composers. By the way, on a rough reckoning, IR has probably scored more films than ARR during the period that they have both been involved in film music, i.e., from 1992 onwards. IR is not exactly looking for ARR's largesse, you know.

Of course IR is no saint when it comes to words but neither is ARR so it's not as if we are deliberately interpreting his words in a certain way, it is what he said.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Because I believe that my share is defined by God. And that’s what I’m getting. So even if I want to do 30 movies, I can’t because it’s not my share. Unlike earlier, when a composer was in the limelight, he used to take all the movies and even when somebody wanted to go to another person, he would say: ‘No, no, don’t go. I’ll do it for less.’ I don’t need that."

CK..
    Was that statement from ARR and he referring to Raja?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Even if Ilayaraja says that what's so wrong in it?
    Still the producers, directors are free to leave him , work with anybody they want!

Not only 80s, take recent albums,

azhagarsaamiyin kuthirai
    sri rama rajyam
    NEPV
    thandavakone
    dhoni
    mayilu
    chithiraiyil nila choru
    naadi thudikkudhadi
    megha

எல்லா fellows சும், note the varieties! HE IS BUSY WORKING MORE THAN SOME OF YOU or SOME OF YOU PUT TOGETHER!

Very good Raja, monopolize the industry with higher standards, musical depth, speed, variety, convey emotions!

I pray God for the abundance , Raja's album after album come டமால் டுமில்ன்னு ... pouring இன்னிசை மழை, songs like kalvaney....megha immerse the music lovers heart!

let the fellows with substance compete!

what a speedy composition, oru naal ninaividhu..... from late 80s, constant guitar strumming Raja with sax, flowing violin and 3-part counterpoint in 2nd lude: vocal aalaps ,constant bass guitar backdrop with lilting flute! எட்டா உயரத்துலே இருக்காரு!இந்த ஒரு பாட்டு, அதுவும் எத்தனையோ முறைகள் கேட்டு என்ஜாய் பண்ணியிருக்கேன்!
    every time amazingly overwhelming! GOD BLESS YOU, RAJA!

Last edited by baroque; 26th September 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    With what we all know of Raaja sir, he would never use the phrase "‘No, no, don’t go. I’ll do it for less ", But thenisai thendral or most of the current generation music directors would say it.

Raja sir did not even ask Panju Arunachalam for first opportunity. It is very well known that his brothers and friends where soliciting for him even during his initial days in TFM,

So If it is ARR who used these phrases by keeping Raja sir in mind, then thats what we call as "சிறுபிள்ளைத்தனம்".Remember it is Raja Sir who rejected great opportunities, if he accepted all that movies, today's ARR will just be Dilip.

பணத்துக்காகவோ, வேற யாருக்கோ வாய்ப்பு போய்விடும் என்பதற்காக எல்லாம் விழுந்தடித்து வேலைசெய்பவர் ராஜா சார் இல்லை.

ஒரு படத்தில் ஏன் வேலை செய்ய முன் வருகிறார் என்பதற்கும், ஏன் வலை செய்ய மறுக்கிறார் என்பதற்கும் அவருக்கே காரணம் தெரியாது.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post

CK..
    Was that statement from ARR and he referring to Raja?
    It is. It is from a fairly lengthy interview he gave to Baradwaj Rangan in, I guess, 2008. Now he has not actually named IR in the comment I quoted but the last man to have some sort of monopoly over TFM was IR so it seems obvious he implied IR.

I agree with baroque in that there's nothing wrong with one composer chasing a lot of work if he wants to and has the drive. Let the producers decide if they really want to work with him, come what may. On the other hand, as rajaramsgi mentions, IR has turned down work on principle too. And when he does that, the 'camp' believes it is solely down to his ego and bad temperament that he did and that it is completely ok to pass off jingles as IR BGM for the unsuspecting audience because only the name matters, not the integrity of the output. Yeah, like, whatever.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When people blurt out such incoherent things - it is usually the insecurities in them speaking out loud.

All the current MD's and double oscar winner, cannot match what IR has accomplished.

Post Thanks / Like
    CK

I am still not sure how far that statement ""No, no, don’t go. I’ll do it for less." is true for IR.

When Sridhar and MSV combination was delivering hit songs movie after movie, its Sridhar who broken that association and joined with Raja. Raja mentioned in one of his book on this and he even asked Sridhar why you come to me when the association with MSV is good.

AVM a big production house made films without Raja during 80s and 90. Directors like RK Selvamani, Udhayakumar and P Vaasu moved out of Raja and associated with others. But no one ever mentioned anywhere any single complaint on Raja on this matter.

I do not think so. If money is the only criteria, then Raja would not be doing any Malayalam films and actively working only on Telugu projects.

If anyone else from the same film industry confirms that statement of ARR referring to Raja, then I will believe in those words.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for that, it is the film industry so it doesn't have to be true for somebody to insinuate it. They can always insinuate in this way, naming no names and basically offending all and sundry. For a long time, I was given to believe that IR offered song bank compositions to MR for Roja which is why he turned it down. It was much later that I learnt that IR refused the film because it was under the KB banner.