Page 116 of 401 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skr
    For me personally , it was the closest I got to him and even managed to touch him and behold even got my bro click a photo of him and LS on their way out.
    From the time we met skr outside the auditorium, wizzy and myself were predicting that any moment now, skr is going to do a sashtanga namaskaram right at Raja's feet when he spots him. orE paravasa nilaila irundhAr - actualyl nAnum dhAn but obviously i didnt have the courage to go within 50 meters of the man.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu View Post
    No. It cannot be Thyagaraja. It must have been Raja himself or Bach or someone else. Thyagaraja was more an aspirer of Lord Shri Ram than of music. For Thyagaraja, music was his only means to attain Rama.
    /Dig

That is the general perception and everyone has tried to stick to it. The truth is that unlike Purandaradasa and Annamayya, who used music as a vehicle for propagating their teachings and for devotion, Tyagaraja was a great musicologist. He was as much concerned about music as devotion. Otherwise he wouldn't have invented so many new ragas, would have given perfect grammar in those ragas and wouldn't have given so many krithi structures. Musicologist and musicians like S.Ramanathan and S R Janakiraman have expressed their awe for Tyagaraja as a musicologist. So in way I would differ from you here. For Tyagaraja, music was very important and not necessarily the means to attain Rama.

/End Dig

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    Ayya , Gnani has done phenomenal work in other areas - even otherwise, let us respect another human being. Sometimes he is adamant with incomplete analysis , but he genuinely cares for other human beings . Lets not use derogatory words for Gnani !
    Ramki,

I am fully with you on this. It is better not to use derogatory words about others, whatever be the provocation.

At the same time, let me also point out that whatever words Gnani has used about Raja are unacceptable. And for all the 'phenomenal work' that Gnani has done in his field, Raja has done 10,000 times more phenomenal work in his field. So I guess you should also put a comment in Gnani's facebook page (if you friends with him) stating that his wordings are also unacceptable.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to listen to the audio tonight if possible I'm so thrilled with the PM references and the connection with him to HTNI

It was around the same time that I started listening to PM a lot...nice to know that IR was in contact with him during that time period

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suraj Jagan - "Sang for the legend Ilaiyaraaja sir today ..... truly grateful for all that life has given me...."
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...48745718531904

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...13043708_n.jpg

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    /Dig

That is the general perception and everyone has tried to stick to it. The truth is that unlike Purandaradasa and Annamayya, who used music as a vehicle for propagating their teachings and for devotion, Tyagaraja was a great musicologist. He was as much concerned about music as devotion. Otherwise he wouldn't have invented so many new ragas, would have given perfect grammar in those ragas and wouldn't have given so many krithi structures. Musicologist and musicians like S.Ramanathan and S R Janakiraman have expressed their awe for Tyagaraja as a musicologist. So in way I would differ from you here. For Tyagaraja, music was very important and not necessarily the means to attain Rama.

/End Dig
    ellaam sari dhaan aanaal. the bolded parts are jarring. why assume that devotion to GOD and devotion to one's work are two different things?
    It flies in the face of what Raaja himself says " trying to reach GOD through music - which is his work ".. I think you wanted to say this - but came out wrong..

On a general note - separation is in the mind of the person observing the bhaktha. For the true devotee - there is no separation..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by p View Post
    Suraj Jagan - "Sang for the legend Ilaiyaraaja sir today ..... truly grateful for all that life has given me...."
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...48745718531904

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...13043708_n.jpg
    Still curious about which Suraj Jagan song did Raaja listen to first, to okay him for this song!! I will faint if it was "Zehreelay" from Rock On!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஏதோ பக்த மண்டலிக்குள்ள நுழைஞ்சா மாதிரி இருக்கு வேலைக்காவது நான் ட்விட்டருக்கே திரும்ப போறேன்

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MumbaiRamki, Suresh65,

இன்னிக்கு நேத்துன்னு இல்லை சார்.. ஒரு இருபது வருஷமா பார்த்துட்டு இருக்கேன். ராஜா சார் நின்னா குத்தம், உட்கார்ந்தா குத்தம்னு தான் சார் இவங்க பேசறாங்க. நம்ம ஊர்ல அசிங்கம், கெட்ட விஷயங்கள் ஏராளம். பெரிய மனுஷன்லேர்ந்து, பலர் அயோக்கியத்தனம் பண்றாங்க. நாடு நல்லா இருக்க பாடு படற "அந்த சிலர்" அதையெல்லாம் விமர்சனம் பண்ண வேண்டியது தானே? எவனை அடிச்சா திரும்பி அடிக்க மாட்டான்னு தெரிஞ்சு பேசறதெல்லாம் ஒரு பிழைப்பா சார்?

ராஜா சார் புத்தர் என்ற லெவலில் நான் பேசலை. அவரை நெகடிவ் விமர்சனம் பண்ற அளவு அவர் ஒன்றும் தரம் தாழ்ந்து நடக்கவில்லை. ராஜா சாரின் இசையை விமர்சனம் செய்யட்டும். அதிலுள்ள நெளிவு சுளிவுகள் சரி இல்லை என்று சொல்லட்டும். அதை கூட, ராஜா சாரை விட அதிகம் இசை தெரிந்தவர் மட்டுமே சொல்ல முடியும். அதை விட்டு விட்டு, மழை பெய்தால் தவளை கத்தற மாதிரி, ராஜா சாரை பற்றி எந்த நியூஸ் வந்தாலும் உடனே சத்தம் போடுவது காழ்புணர்ச்சியை தவிர வேற என்னவாய் இருக்க முடியும்? எவ்வளவு சாதித்து என்ன பயன்? அந்த சாதனைகளை நாடு திருந்த பயன்படுத்தி கொள்ளலாமே.

Venkkiram சொன்னது எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்திருந்தது. "சாரு பல விஷயங்களில் சேறாகிவிடுவது போல, ஞானியும் இதுபோன்ற விஷயங்களில் சாணியாகிவிடுகிறார்."

சுஜாதா, பாலகுமாரன் போன்றோரை "அந்த மனிதர்கள்" இன்னும் அதிகம் படிக்க வேண்டும். எழுதும் எழுத்தின் டார்கெட் எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும் மேலும் புரியும். சமுதாயம் பற்றி தான் என் சிந்தனை என்று சொன்னால், தமிழருவிமணியன் இருக்கிறார். அவர் பேச்சில் சுயநலம் தெரியவில்லை. காழ்புணர்ச்சி தெரியவில்லை. அவரிடத்தில் கற்றுக்கொள்ள "இவர்களுக்கு" நிறைய இருக்கிறது. ராஜா சார் மீதான பக்தி மட்டும் என் கோபத்திற்கு காரணம் இல்லை. இவர்கள் பேச்சில் நியாயம் இல்லை, இவர்களுக்கு அதை இவர்களுக்கு எடுத்து சொல்ல வழி இல்லையே என்கிற ஆதங்கத்தால் வரும் வெறுப்பு.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ராஜாவிடம் இருக்கும் குறைகள் பலதயும் பார்த்தவன் படித்தவன் அறிந்தவன் என்கிற முறையில் சொல்கிறேன், அவரிடம் இருக்கும் நேர்மைக்கு பக்கத்தில் கூட போக முடியாது, நம்மில் பலரால். சுடர் விடும் சுத்தமான ஆன்மா அவருடையது.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv