Page 331 of 401 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senthil and MumbaiRamki...Well said!

Senthil.... especially your last paragraph is a gem. Keeping your creativity and quality intact while the outcomes go up or not, is, to say the least, impossible for ordinary people (I am talking about, say in an office setting you work hard - don't get promotion, in business worked hard/honestly but you made loss in a deal, in school studied well - but did not score because of subjective paper correction etc., You will normally get demotivated and that will start affecting your work.). That too in a creative high pressure field, to do that is great.

Just wanted to point out from a different perspective. Ramana Maharshi uses this screen analogy in a different context many times to questions when devotees try to under stand on what the whole world is about. (See http://acfip.org/analogy.html). That is in a different context.

IR being Ramana's devotee, no wonder the "screen" terminology/ usage would have seeped in his mind and come out. So, need for "Salippu" here.

What he is trying to describe is the creative process (writing poetry, composing music, even Ramanujan's number theory, and so on so forth) to the normal audience. (Audience usually not familiar or experienced with the creative process themselves.) Here's where the disconnect happens. The problem has been, when he talks in a different plane with a different vocabulary, people might intentionally/ unintentionally misunderstand in a commercial context.

In this video, even if we discard all the spiritual/ philosophical angle, all he is saying is he is like a screen (which is inert) and I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by senthilv.com View Post
    When Raja says "Naan Screen", he doesn't mean film won't happen without him (I assume that's the interpretation taken here). He means, he doesn't know any music, and the film goes through him (Or projects into him) turning into music. If the film is not projected into the frame, there is no cinema but screen is just a tool. Raja also sees himself as tool, that when possessed by appropriate emotions, outputs music. Hence no emotion, there is no film, no music, no Raja. He is not being egotistical here but humble or self-depreciating. He has repeated this point in other forums with different analogies. He just happened to use "screen" analogy here.

When I see this video, I feel bad for him. I see him as a true artist, a talent wasted most of the time and caught in a industry, that 99% of time, bereft of artistic value, integrity and respect for craft. The fixation with making a film/music huge hit is nauseating. The bug is with the audience too. We are never satisfied with saying "Great film" or "Great music" or "Great acting". We follow it up with it comments like, it will be super hit, 100 days for sure, etc... How many of us here were interested to find out if NEPV broke the record in sales and sold for high price etc... As if, only that will justify the quality of the music. This notion of huge hit = great film/music is just plain absurd but we all inexplicably get caught up in that notion.

Nowadays I'm trying to harmonize this negative feeling with a counter view... that ppl just care for a filmmaker/producer/musician to succeed and want to help them! But to only work for a Hit or to work on a film or music with a sole notion of making it a hit is bit offensive to the craft you practice. Being a filmmaker and speaking from personal experience, I can say this, whenever I tried to write for market, it sucked or if it was good, it still missed something. Whenever I get angry at something, get bothered by something, or love something deeply, and then tried to expressed it in film, there was always this unexplainable "x" factor that moved ppl and me, more than I can explain.

It is worth repeating that for Raja, all things begin with story, characters, emotions and ideas. Rest is out of his hand and he cannot control it. He has worked long enough to know, he should not care about the rewards. He has gained this incredible ability to compartmentalize creation of songs and the success that it brings. He does not let lack of success affect his creativity and his process of creation. This is just so hard for any artist, at any level to do. If I'm allowed to go into superlatives, he is not just Isaignani but we could also call him Isaiyogi. Isai is his karma. Now, coming to market? What market???
    Last edited by electriceel; 23rd November 2012 at 09:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    பரதேசி ஆடியோ வெளியீடு விழாவில் இயக்குனர் பாலா ......(கேட்ட கேள்விக்கு நேரா பதில் சொல்ல வேண்டியது தானே..)

ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷ் உடன் பணியாற்றியது பற்றி...?

இந்த படத்தில் ஏன் ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷை பயன்படுத்தினேன் என்றால், என் மீது ஒரு குற்றச்சாட்டு வந்தது. அதாவது, பாலா எப்போதும், விக்ரம், சூர்யா இவர்களை வைத்து தான் படம் எடுக்கிறார். இளையராஜாவை தான் இசை அமைக்க வைக்கிறார். அந்த குற்றச்சாட்டை மாற்றும் முயற்சியா தான் இந்த படத்துல ஒட்டு மொத்தமா புது டீம் வைத்து படத்தில் இறங்கினேன். படத்தை பாட்டும் நன்றாக வந்து இருக்கிறது. நீங்களும் கேட்டுவிட்டு சொல்லுங்க.

Post Thanks / Like
    Already Trailer Music Comment Vanthachu

http://www.facebook.com/RamTheRebel

பாலா உலகத்தரத்தில் படம் எடுக்கட்டும், நமக் கெல்லாம் பெருமை தான், அதுக்காக ஏற்கனவே உலகத்தரத்தில் வந்த இசையை அப்படியே பயன்படுத்துவது ஏன்..?!

இந்தப் பையனைப்பற்றி எந்த ஒரு நல்ல விஷயமும் இதுவரை வந்ததேயில்லை..!

- பரதேசி

- அப்போகலிப்டோ

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K View Post
    Already Trailer Music Comment Vanthachu
    அப்படியே சுட்டுட்டாங்களே..பாவிங்க. திருட்டு வி.சி.டியில் பார்த்தாவது, ராஜா சார் இல்லாமல் பாலா எப்படி பரதேசியா அலையரார்னு தெரிஞ்சுக்கணும்.

எணிவேஸ், விகடன் தேவை இல்லாமல் ஒரு கருத்து கணிப்பு நடத்தி இருக்கு.. தெரிஞ்ச விஷயம் தான், இருந்தாலும்......

http://news.vikatan.com/poll/polling.php?qid=15
    Vikatan news - Polling results

பாரதிராஜா-இளையராஜா, மணிரத்னம்- ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் கூட்டணியில் எந்த கூட்டணியின் பாடல் உங்களை ரொம்பவே ரசிக்க வைத்தது...

பாரதிராஜா-இளையராஜா: 54.3%
    மணிரத்னம்-ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான்: 20.7%
    இரண்டுமே: 25%

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The trailer of pardesi .. chances are that , someone has used Apocalypto music for the trailer .. Even for Pazassi Raja the first trailer had LOTR . So lets wait

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    The trailer of pardesi .. chances are that , someone has used Apocalypto music for the trailer .. Even for Pazassi Raja the first trailer had LOTR . So lets wait
    Exactly..!

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know if you guys read the response by IR in Kumudam on the national award for best background score - it was great. I love the Kumudam series with Ir answering the questions. As a breath of fresh air, he does not mince words or try to be politically correct. He states how he really feels and that's great. In fact, I love his response to Oscar award question a few weeks back. You may not agree with his view point but I love his candor. (I dont know what it states about me, I agree with his perspectives on almost everything and I feel exactly the same way about most of the issues)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Article in THE HINDU about IR's book:

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/books/i...cle4146174.ece

thanks,

Krishnan

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

NEPV Re-recording

Jeyamohan met IR last week and thalaivar is busy in NEPV Re-recording.. seems 50 member violin orchestra is working on the same
    chk out this links for details

Lets hope for a feasttt
    http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=32153

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks...
    Here after a long time. My small tribute to the man who defined my musical tastes. I know I wont get to work him, but I wanted to use his music for my first short film. I hope you guys like it and share it.
    Thanks