Page 64 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    cha! oru Raaja album vaangarthukku ennavellaam paNNa vEndiyirukku. Got hold off one of my offshore guy giving the flipkart link. Opened a screen sharing session, asked him to checkout the songs and buy and then asked him to put into shared drive and took it from there. Will listen in the evening.

As the name aptly states, 'raaja' gopuram is really it is. Why Vijay Yesudas is not singing nowadays much in Thamizh? I loved his singing in this one. We only have to go with Karthik (for melodies), sometimes his voice looks so monotonous to me. Leaving that aside, this composition is a bright one shining throughout. I don't know what instrument that is (I think it is a veena kind of sound from synth), which adds to every line of pallavi, very seducing. Oru inam puriyaatha mayakkam ithai kEkkum pOthu. What a beautiful sound that is and how beautifully played! These are the small details which captures our heart right from the first hearing. Same way the anu-pallavi ending where he tapers down the tune till that echo, I am lost with words there. I could not go beyond this atleast now.
    Last edited by V_S; 26th September 2012 at 07:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ MumbaiRamki

It's some other movie. Gundello Godari audio release details will be announced next week.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lakshmi Manchu ‏@LakshmiManchu 26 Sep@bhavatharini What an amazing voice u have. Thankq for being a part of my dream project #MM #GG. from school 2 now. What a journey. Love u.

Bhavatharini ‏@bhavatharini @LakshmiManchu thank u for giving me a beautiful song.. Really beautiful and good luck for ur dream project #MaranthenMannithen

http://twitter.com/LakshmiManchu/sta...07102062809088

Bhava strikes back!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    Lakshmi Manchu ‏@LakshmiManchu 26 Sep@bhavatharini What an amazing voice u have. Thankq for being a part of my dream project #MM #GG. from school 2 now. What a journey. Love u.

Bhavatharini ‏@bhavatharini @LakshmiManchu thank u for giving me a beautiful song.. Really beautiful and good luck for ur dream project #MaranthenMannithen

http://twitter.com/LakshmiManchu/sta...07102062809088

Bhava strikes back!
    Abbaaa! why raaja why! Why fall for this nepotism!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    KV / aakarsh,

Here again I think Raja was persuaded by Lakshmi to use Bhava. Ofcourse, he has used her on his own so many times. But this time due to twitter, you could see Bhava sending a tweet asking Lakshmi to recommend her name to Raja for atleast a song !!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sureshs65 - or maybe IR subtly asked Bhava to ask Lakshmi to reco her for a song for GG ! that way it cant be traced back to IR you see!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    puthiya theerangaL movie review

Quote Originally Posted by Deccan Chronicle
    Soothing too is Ilayaraja's music, but it won't send you into raptures such as in olden days.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sathyan Anthikkad's interview

Ilayaraja composes the music for this film as well, the tenth film they are working on. Sathyan Anthikad and the master composer have been on song since they first worked together for Kochu Kochu Santoshangal. “For almost 30 of my films, it was the late Johnson who composed the music. When I decided to work with Ilayaraja, I informed Johnson and he told me that since it was someone who so much greater than him, he had no complaints whatsoever,” reminisces Sathyan. He adds: “During the composing of songs for Manassinakkare, I invited him to Kerala. I was over the moon when he agreed and it was in a houseboat on the Vembanad Lake that the song ‘Mele onnu paadi nine’ was born. Over the years, our relationship has matured into a warm friendship. Moreover, I make it a point never to misuse any friendship of mine. Perhaps that is my bond with many in the film industry has remained alive all these years.” The songs of Puthiya Theerangal have also been composed in Kerala and Sathyan is confident that the songs will be chart toppers.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    KV / aakarsh,

Here again I think Raja was persuaded by Lakshmi to use Bhava. Ofcourse, he has used her on his own so many times. But this time due to twitter, you could see Bhava sending a tweet asking Lakshmi to recommend her name to Raja for atleast a song !!!
    whatever the case may be - some of the best compositions of Raaja deserved a much better voice than her's. and my disappointment is that - this could be another good song which will become forgettable because of her voice.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As per today's paper ADs, Mayilu movie is releasing on Oct26th.