Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

audio cd - nilachoru and naadi thudikuthadi

where to get original audio cds in chennai?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the links guys!

En Devadhai: Pleasing tune and music. Loved everything about the song, be it the prelude, tune, interludes or singing.

En poo nenjai: Kind of relaxed music with good tune. Initial portion of first interlude is a little familiar.

Kadhale Illadha: Is that IR singing in false voice (or is it KR?) First interlude is impressive with those guitar and synth sounds. I liked the bass portions in charanams (somehow I felt it is more prominent in 2nd one)

Velinadu Giramam: Was not impressed with the pallavi tune. The interludes are contrasting, probably something to do with the situation onscreen. Also, most of it are synthesized!. I loved the charanam tune though.

O la la: Very nice to hear this genre of music from IR. I liked it. Liked the tune as well. The song ends in a mini flourish of music.

thanks,

Krishan

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts on CNC:

1. Kaalaiyile maalai vandhadhu: Unusual pallavi tune, but sort of liked it. Both interludes are good, especially the first one. Somehow did not like a different beat/rhythms at the beginning of charanam. Later it changes though. "Moongil kaadu" portion of tune reminds me of some other IR's song. Don't remember now.

2. Kallale senju vecha: A very good melody. Fantastic. I loved Haricharan's version. Sings with lots of feel. I always felt his voice is a mix of Karthik's voice, Sonu nigam's voice and a little of his own.

3. Nandri solla vendum: Pleasing melody with nice music. IR classic. I may have used less words to describe this song, but it certainly is part of my IR melody collection

4. Ungappan: The beginning music reminds me of a little of his TTLS song. Nice rhythm laden interludes (with a mix of strings)

I hope the songs are picturized / promoted to at least a decent extent. The same goes even for naadi thudikkudhu. Feel bad when many of his promising songs goes unnoticed.

Amazed (BTW, I have been amazed for many years) how many rhythm / sound scapes this man can produce and even at this age. Very inspiring.

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    My thoughts on CNC:

1. Kaalaiyile maalai vandhadhu:"Moongil kaadu" portion of tune reminds me of some other IR's song. Don't remember now.
    thanks,

Krishnan
    To me, it reminds of charanam portion of "Poo Poothadhu" (Mumbai Express)
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the nice reviews of "Naadi Thudikkudhadi" and "Chithraiyil NilA chOru".
    Some interlude portions in " en poo nenje" reminds me of some interlude portions of "iLangaathu veesudhe" and "maasi mAsam ALAna poNNu".

vigneshram, "Spot On" on the "poo poothadhu" connect with "moongil kAdu". The melody construct is similar here even thouh the rAgAs of the songs are different.

Post Thanks / Like
    IR at 70 composing for "Megha". Heartfelt birthday wishes to Ilaiyaraaja!

Yuvan singing "Chellam" song.

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems, a track of Gustav Mahler (19th century austrian composer) has been used for the recently released trailer of "Onaiyum Aatukuttiyum".

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-...-03-06-13.html

Not sure whose idea was it.

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Maestro's song video from Nadi Thudikkuthadi:

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    My take on "nAdi thudikkudhadi" -

Ooo Laalaa... - I think the movie is filmed at Fiji islands. While the main tune itself tested my patience, I endured till the last only to be
    surprised by a postlude with that caribbean brand beats and trumpets.

En devadhai - This is the song of the album IMO. A very fresh tune from Raja.
    Fantastic guitar backing and groovy rythm add up to a very youthful number. Karthik at ease .
    But the shrieky, loud lady voice that joins Karthik is giving me a head ache

veLinAttu grAmapurathil - Another bright melody in waltz style.. The simple but catchy tune well sung by the lead pair and very
    vivid, imaginative interludes is sure to captivate the audience . Again Raja's fetish for
    colloquial opeening lines adversely impact the smoothness and aesthetics of the song

En poo nenjai - An exquisitely crafted melody . Rita singing this is "kuruvi thalaila panankaai" case.
    It is a song for Shreya or Shwetha or Saptha in that order. She adds no value by her thin, sharp voice that lacks modulation.
    But a decent chorus, cool synth ambience sounds in pre and interludes cover up for the bothersome soap dabba[ Ubayam Nerd's coinage] beats and Rita.

Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast