Page 75 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Languages - English and Chinese. Was any other Tamil movie released in these languages before? Before Kochadaiyaan released, I remember seeing some news articles which said it would release in French, Chinese, English. Did they really do it? I think even for Hey Ram and Dasavatharam, such rumours went around.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some leaked videos

ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajeev Masand interview with Shankar (Seg 1 of 2)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costliest indian film? Endhiran?
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    If unbiased, you could appreciate music regardless of who the music director is or the era. A lot of times, I've liked a musical piece and then seek out to find the people involved in making it. Cult following as those for IR or ARR happens when a MD continuously smashes the charts. Effectively both and others less popular as well have given awesome music.
    I remember in Mayyam, I had only just joined the forum and thought I'd interact with IR fans to discuss music in general. The mistake I made was that I didn't clock on to their nature straight away despite getting many hints and I remained calm and went with the flow. Their uniform thought was reeking as if they've all been assembled for the same purpose. General hubbers in Mayyam realised I was an ARR Fan but that a neutral one but IR fans were trying to expose me as fake neutral supporter but I stuck to my guns and carried on being unbiased. I don't know why they couldn't digest the fact that some ARR fans can be unbiased and appreciate HJ, YSR and GVP. Their double standards slowly becoming prevalent when I started favouring the music from the latest crop of composers. They were putting words into my mouth by implying I've put all these newbies on the same pedestal as ARR. For me ARR is number 1 and the rest are secondary but I had to erupt when some stupid fool had a go at me for appreciating newbies and saying how a music fan can't be unbiased but when I was pouring praise for ARR he indicated that I was too bias to ARR. They have a problem if you're unbiased and they have a problem when you're biased. You can never satisfy them and the bottom line is if you don't have the same wavelength as them then they don't want to know you. I've reached a stage where I don't associate myself with 99% of them anymore. Majority of them haber all left Mayyam for the good anyway!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    ஒப்பீடு செய்யலாம்..அதுக்கு இப்படியா?
    I suspect I did not acquit myself well. My post was in response to someone who had "Oru aadhikka naaygan saadhikka vandhaal..." which was MSV's "Kamban emaandhan" beauty. Hope that puts my original comparison in proper perspective.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post
    I remember in Mayyam, I had only just joined the forum and thought I'd interact with IR fans to discuss music in general. The mistake I made was that I didn't clock on to their nature straight away despite getting many hints and I remained calm and went with the flow. Their uniform thought was reeking as if they've all been assembled for the same purpose. General hubbers in Mayyam realised I was an ARR Fan but that a neutral one but IR fans were trying to expose me as fake neutral supporter but I stuck to my guns and carried on being unbiased. I don't know why they couldn't digest the fact that some ARR fans can be unbiased and appreciate HJ, YSR and GVP. Their double standards slowly becoming prevalent when I started favouring the music from the latest crop of composers. They were putting words into my mouth by implying I've put all these newbies on the same pedestal as ARR. For me ARR is number 1 and the rest are secondary but I had to erupt when some stupid fool had a go at me for appreciating newbies and saying how a music fan can't be unbiased but when I was pouring praise for ARR he indicated that I was too bias to ARR. They have a problem if you're unbiased and they have a problem when you're biased. You can never satisfy them and the bottom line is if you don't have the same wavelength as them then they don't want to know you. I've reached a stage where I don't associate myself with 99% of them anymore. Majority of them haber all left Mayyam for the good anyway!
    yeah, i could remember very well..particularly the years 2002 - 2004 or 2005 were the worst...when rahman devoted most of the time for bombay dreams and was very choosy in tamil and hindi.....vantha sila tamil padam um flop aayikittu irunthathu......... from parthaale paravasam to Aayitha ezhuthu .........at that time rahman was called names........... that were provocative.......
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    Rajeev Masand interview with Shankar (Seg 1 of 2)

Shankarji expression @5.09 when he talks abt the composition of the beast song.. and looks like Shankar is never gona change his MD..Shankar-ARR is one the most successful combo in indian cinema..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    Opera=Kaatu kathal Kaa..trey=speech/vocal issues so u expect chaste tamil? eh hello all these are different styles of singing..western particularly..go listen to some engish rock ballads/operas..theres a certain style in singing those genres
    if you cant adapt, go back to Megha
    Errm, I am sure Joan Sutherland or Maria Callas would be horrified to learn that Natalie Di Luccio is described as opera these days. But Western music is seriously down in the dumps now. I would suggest you to listen to Fiona Apple's singing on the ballad Werewolf and tell me if you find any resemblance between that and Di Luccio's style. By the way, there is no such thing as opera singer, it's just lazy usage popularised by lazy music journalism. They are Western classical singers (they as in the likes of Sutherland or Pavarotti) and they sing several kinds of compositions, opera being the one in which they are most frequently employed as it is the most vocal based type of composition. But there are also arias and even some symphonies have parts for the singer.