View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 217 of 247 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    padichu vaazhthna ellaarkkum nandri.

Honestly, I kinda like what Selvamani spoke about. At least, it was a relief from the run-of-the-mill "Raaja is great" ubiquitous comments. More importantly though, he touched upon 'clash of creative egos' – might not be the most appropriate topic for the occassion, but it made an interesting subject matter to ponder over. Let's imagine the situation - here's this youngster, fresh out of film school, all geared-up to make it big in the film scene by attempting something (which he feels is) 'different'. He openly (in the presence of Raaja and the producers) comments about making a successful film without help of the (then) biggest ingredient for success, i.e., the man's music. It’s probably the creator’s ego in him that makes him challenge (what he assumes as) the ‘set norms’ in the industry (although, in reality, we know this was just a perception born out of the power and reach of Raaja’s music, versus him deliberately ‘manufacturing’ a ‘dictatorship regime’) and him being a debutant, the naive confidence should be understandable. Now, what interests me here is how Raaja, the legend, the lion-of-the-jungle sorts, reacts to this newbie’s ‘challenge’. It, but naturally, does provoke him (like it would any artist), but he does not walk out of the project or seek ‘vengeance’ by screwing up the film by intentionally underperforming. The artist in him accepts the challenge, which he responds to by creating a quality soundtrack. It’s almost like him saying “look kid, your self-confidence is admirable. Now, let me show you what I can do to your film. I’ll leave it to you to figure out if it has enhanced your creation or diminished it”. It perhaps doesn’t matter to him if newbie filmmakers come to him requesting/pestering for a soundtrack, or, like in this case ‘challenge the need’ of his contribution, he always will respect the creation, deliver his goods and try to do justice to it. There lies the merit of Raaja the artist and monstrous creator.

P.S.: I don’t recall watching this movie and have pretty much no idea about the quality of the film or its soundtrack. I just see this as an example of how Raaja the artist handles certain ‘artistic conflicts’.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thumburu, that mano's rape attempt et al was done separately just to show case in that event! GVM! Even i thot they were for Canada event rehearsals.

what u saw on TV was exactly what we saw there. The above recital was played on the giant screen on the stage.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    THe song Ithuthaan Ithukkuthaan was talked about, in Pulan visaaranai. There was also a pathos btw Vijayakanth and his daughter but it was not played full, on screen. BGM pathi pechu irunthuthaannu theriyala. Antha naatkaLla ethana peru BGM interested aa kEppaangannE therila!

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yeah, mono's agmark pongals at every small expression in ilayanila was .
    Canada trip'ku ivara ellaam kootikitu pOna, thee kulippu dhaan, sollittEn
    SPB, Chitra, shreya, jayachandran, umaramanan, vani jayaram... ippidiyE edhaavadhu plan pannanum.

irir, as usual for your initiative; awaiting their review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    oh yeah, mono's agmark pongals at every small expression in ilayanila was .
    Ennamaa nadikkiraaru! Intha paattukku mike mogan kooda ivLO thalai aatla!

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    further update: my guess has not gone wrong !

as soon as I mentioned Angel and Abbey Road Studios, I got a reply saying that the review will be started immediately, but they wud still need info reg the US distribution/release of the CD (the readers of the review would need access to the CD)!

enna madhiri oru amateur aasaamikku therinja vishayam koodavaa Sony makkalukku theriyaadhu ??

Ayyaaa!
    Ungal sevai thodarattum! En manamaarntha vazhthukkal! Aavaludan edhirpaarkiraen!

Can somebody try with others such as Clarke Douglas who aired IR songs in DVDVerdict.com back in 2010
    I-aRmony!!

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    Dude. u got two choices
    1. Take this slow poison and get killed now (as in now + 10 days as it is happening to me) or
    2. not hear it and regret after a couple of years like 'Gandhi sethuttaara and get mocked in hub)
    No pressure - yuvar choice..

Separate note #1 - dont forget to check out 'thaandavakone' - it is cut out for you..
    Separate note #2 - 'Saaindhu Saaindhu' has music in every single second - even when singers are singing - the strings, guitar and horns are hyper active - chumming an addictive melody..
    Can a 4 minute song be packed with so many notes? this is a real challenge to any music fan - but as raaja says - It is a definite slow poison - drinker has to die.. (Has to kaadha).

when I first heard the "Saaindhu..." fully I felt this one is on the class of "Nee paartha" in Hey ram and even better... This song is not about impeccable singing, it is about the melody+emotional singing , so much so that even Yuvan's rustic singing gives the song a great feel! I don't think Karthik's voice would have done justice to the song! I give full thumbs up to the singer selection for all the songs in the album...(Maybe Hariharan is also another great choice for Kaatrai konjam), except for Vanam mella. In Vaanam mella, the same method is adopted; great melody, divine arrangement; effortless singing is sufficient; But singing was a bit nasal from Bela...
    I-aRmony!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article3901066.ece

Director Gautham Vasudev Menon: It is a musical love story, tracing the course of love in different ages, at 14, 18, 23 and 35. Both Jiiva and Samantha have done a wonderful job. We have woven comedy into the story, hence you will find actor Santhanam in a major portion of the film.

So, now it makes sense why few numbers sound like 80s or old.
    If hero is 35 in 2012, then he was born in 1977 ( around the time when IR entered and was just establishing ).

So Vanam mella, pudikala maamu, ennodu vaa all might fall in to school/college situations.

Post Thanks / Like
    "...People are dumbstruck with the audio launch of 'NEP' which is purely an Ilayaraja's composition. The audio launch was telecasted in Jaya TV which received a huge response from the audience. The entire evening celebration was dedicated to Ilayaraja's music...Gautham Menon has tweeted stating that he is very happy with the prodigious welcome for the audio launch and trailer. And he also thanked Ilayaraja sir for such a spectacular work..."

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/nep-gauth...15-71-180.html

"...The latest in tinsel town is that a film production company has acquired the distribution rights of Neethaane En Pon Vasantham starring Jiiva and Samantha in Coimbatore for a whopping price.

Gautham Menon has expressed happiness over the deal, say reports.

Trade analysts believe that the turning point was the grand audio launch of the film, which featured the maestro Ilaiyaraaja himself. The songs have been declared a hit."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/16447473.cms

thanks,

Krishnan