View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 213 of 247 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any online link to watch the full program?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily Jaya TV was telecasted free yesterday by Ayngaran to mark their anniversary celebrations in the UK and I was blessed to see NEPV audio release. A fantastic program for a total of 4 hours and 40 minutes with absolutely no distractions. After listening to the original tracks, in several occasions we noticed that some critical sounds are missing. I would forgive this, if it is a sadhagaparavaigal or Laskhman Sruthi orchestra for not able to reproduce the sounds properly. But this is the Maestro's show..... not sure if it is a Jaya TV fault or if the sound engineer of the concert was not prepared.

You will cry when Balumahendra speaks. Watch out for Raja Sir's facial expressions while Bharathiraja is talking. There was some sort of sadness in face.

You will be angry when RK.Selvamani did a loose talk and goes on to say that Raja sir is a sarvadhigaari. Selvamani sounded as if Raja sir never let any movies to sell in those days without him being the music director, instead of saying that everyone demanded Raja Sir's music in those days.

Interviewing Balachandar, R.Sundarajan and P.Vasu did not add any value to the show, except for Vasu asking for Ore Naal unai naan song. R.V Udayakumar did a fair talk, good info shared.

Gautham Menon is a dignified gentleman, did a neat presentation. He stole all of our hearts when he mentioned that all the proceeds from the show will go to charity. That was the highlight.

Became a fan of Bella Shinde, this girl sounds great and has a great style. Yuvan, Ramya, Karthik, Chorus singers such as Priyadharishini and others -- all are excellent. Orchestra was cool, very patient for such a long concert and went so well with our songs.

Raja Sir was at his best attitude in this show.
    Last edited by rajaramsgi; 17th September 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of life's greatest losses - Scorsese type "Concert films" on IR concerts, both for its rhythmic, meditative cutting and acoustic precision.. Could be released as DVD/BR 5.1.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    You will be angry when RK.Selvamani did a loose talk and goes on to say that Raja sir is a sarvadhigaari. Selvamani sounded as if Raja sir never let any movies to sell in those days without him being the music director, instead of saying that everyone demanded Raja Sir's music in those days.
    I heard from a very reliable source that day that Selvamani is a HUGE Raja fan. So much so that when a very big banner contact him to do a movie with a big star, he refused because they wanted someone else as the music director. Infact that person told me that Selvamani was willing to destroy his career rather than leave Raja's side. You do seem to have some stubborn loyalist in the dog eat dog industry.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    Luckily Jaya TV was telecasted free yesterday by Ayngaran to mark their anniversary celebrations in the UK and I was blessed to see NEPV audio release. A fantastic program for a total of 4 hours and 40 minutes with absolutely no distractions. After listening to the original tracks, in several occasions we noticed that some critical sounds are missing. I would forgive this, if it is a sadhagaparavaigal or Laskhman Sruthi orchestra for not able to reproduce the sounds properly. But this is the Maestro's show..... not sure if it is a Jaya TV fault or if the sound engineer of the concert was not prepared.
    Rajaramsgi
    It must have been the fault of the channel. I attended the function and the audio reproduction was delightful to say the least. When i heard the songs on the live telecast yesterday it sounded feeble. Channels should pay attention to these details .

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sureshji,

True. Sathya movies wanted to make Baasha with RKS being the director and ARR being the MD. RKS declined stating that he is not comfortable with any other MD. The project went to Suresh Krissna and he chose Deva over ARR as they shared a winning record with Annamalai.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay,

Thanks. The person did not tell me these details only that RKS did not want to do a movie with Raja. Didn't know it was 'Baasha'.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    RKS himself confirmed this in an interview to Kumudham some years back.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A tribute to Ilayaraja by London Orchestra

Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always wanted to work with Ilayaraja Because he is youngest of all the music directors that I know!

http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-south-interview-with-gautham-vasudev-menon/20120917.htm Gautam Interveiw

You have worked with Harris Jayaraj and A R Rahman so far. For this very young love story, you have Ilayaraja as the music composer. Why?
    Because he is the youngest of all the music directors that I know!
    Through the '70s, '80s and '90s, Raja Sir has been composing music for lots and lots of songs that have inspired a lot of people, including me. That is why I wanted him to compose for a young love story.
    Yes, I always wanted to work with him but somehow I didn't have the courage to ask him.

You must have grown up listening to his music. So, how difficult was it for you to approach him to compose for your film?
    It wasn't difficult after I met him, as he made me comfortable.
    I was a bit apprehensive as I had heard that he would say no to people if he didn't vibe with them.
    I approached him with all the reverence I have for him and he made me comfortable saying, 'you don't have to be afraid at all.'
    Has he seen any of your films?
    I didn't ask him but he has heard about my films.
    He knows that I have used some of his music in my films. His children have told him about my films.
    He generally doesn't watch many films. I think he watches films when he has to score the background music.
    He is not a film-goer as such but he had heard of my films, and moreover, he made me very comfortable.

How did you work it out—you narrating the scenes and he composing the score?
    I showed him some of the visuals I had shot. Then he said, let's start working. I narrated each situation to him, the people in the visuals, the place where the story happens, etc.
    In fact, I gave the whole description of the place, the genre and the instruments I wanted.

After each narration, he started composing tunes.

The composing session was done in three days and he gave me around 14 songs. He said, 'You pick which song you want for which situation'. In fact, he has given me alternative tunes also for some situations.

I picked eight songs and went back to him. Then, we started recording. For that, we went to London.

Were you totally satisfied with the tunes he gave you?
    Whatever I heard, whatever he had composed was in tune with my description, and I loved all of them. I could choose eight from the 14 tunes he had given.

How different was working with Ilayaraja from working with Harris Jayaraj and A R Rahman? Was it an overwhelming experience?
    Obviously, there is no comparison. It was very overwhelming and very emotional. When he plays a tune, the melody comes out so beautifully that you get nostalgic.

It also makes you feel that you have reached a certain stage in your life that you are actually sitting with the man and he was making tunes for you!
    I was with him in the entire music creation process. I was with him when he composed the tunes, I was with him when he recorded the voice, and I was with him when every instrument was recorded for every song.

With Harris and Rahman, that doesn't happen. They record the music when they have time and call you to listen to it later.

But with Raja Sir, I was there with him in the whole creation of music. That is why the whole experience was very overwhelming for me.

The songs are vintage Ilayaraja, and quite different from the music in your films so far. How do you plan to picturise the songs?

We have shot a couple of montages and he has given tunes for them.
    The picturisation will be a combination of some visuals, montages and songs. Some songs I will shoot based on the tunes I have.

Is it different shooting such soft melodies?
    A couple of tunes were so powerful that I had to rework the visual structure. Otherwise, most of the songs take the story forward. They will be more like background songs.

At the audio launch, Ilayaraja asked the audience not to whistle or clap but listen quietly to the orchestra and songs. How did the crowd, used to actively participating in music shows, react to his demand?
    A lot of people responded very well. Many people told me that it was very appropriate as it was a live orchestra and people from London were performing.
    An orchestra is different from a rock show. These people are used to a certain kind of response. I think Raja Sir was trying to instil some decorum in the audience. He said, please applaud after the music and not whistle, and they obliged.

Which is your favourite song in the album?
    My favourite is also the flavour of the season: Karthik's Katrai Konjam...
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv