Page 196 of 400 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ty.

Yes its Asuran. I was wondering if it was Jeyhind, they were in mission in jungle to attack gerillas as well.
    God bless all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post
    Predator - jungle fever

Really great movie with Arnold S. I wonder how predator would have been if it took place in a city.

I think there is is a similar tamil movie. I cant remember the tamil movie title though, I hope someone remembers it.
    Predator 2 movie revolves around city- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_2

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    KURUDHIPUNAL

- pramaadham..
    - as usual, kamal gives more than what audience expects... a stuntless action film.. not sure about the film's success.. have seen a couple of 100 days poster.. released along with Muthu
    - loved the dialogues.. Kamal
    - scenes between Kamal & Gowthami.. & the dialgoue about muththam.. i think its kind of new those days..
    - revisiting Kamal's work is always a pleasure..
    it was a good commercial success .. its success was even celebrated as a function together with the successes of Magalir Mattum (one more rajkamal movie.. senior fans will know) .. just bcos one is not able to watch the songs on tv, it doesnt mean its not a success..

I distinctly remember some instances of school students speaking highly about this movie.. i was then thinking (enna padam da ithu .. namma kelvi pattadey illaye.. obvious family audience outside cities snubbed it) ..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember watching this movie in ambattur rakki theater.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Singam - II - Second half semma pEthal. Hari neraya uttalakadi adichu. nimithi, midhichu, kathi eppdiyo kadhaya mudichitar. I think they are planning for Part III.

First half is good. Surya single man army... great performance. Anushka as usual ... Mukkal vaasi padathula heroine-ku schpol uniform pottu azhagu paakura Hari...idhula Hansika-va andha angle-a paathrukaar...

Again a muslim has been shown as a villain not a terrorist though, adha balance panna christian and hindu villains-um irukaanga...additional-la main villain africa-la irundhu...

Naai vaal-la engga ponaalum nimirtha mudiyadhundra pazha mozhiku yerpa Hari South Africa padam pidichaalum angayum car ellam parandhu varudhu.

chinna chinna games between Surya and Villains are good... Overall if you like masala movies oru dhaba paakalam

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yaarada Mahesh?

A very rare Adult film in Tamil.
    Lots of never-before-heard in Tamil films words, like condoms, etc and profanities. Double entrendes abound.
    Definitely not for family viewing.
    Interesting film, if you are into these kind of things.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    its success was even celebrated as a function together with the successes of Magalir Mattum (one more rajkamal movie.. senior fans will know)
    sathileelavathy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched MMKR last week.

Not a strong Plot and sequences. This time I controlled myself to sit and watch the entire climax episode and felt nothing special about it. Four things impressed me 1) Madhana Gopal - His dialogue and body language. 2) Avinashi - The only character who consistently entertained right from start to end in comedy. The scene where he(from Bangalore) talking over the phone to Madhan(visited Chennai for this temporary stay) and update the status as a rhyme.. absolute funny! 3) Music (Liked the title song for its story telling.. what a creation! Hats Off for the music and lyrics) In fact this one song raised the expectations a sky high before the movie unfolds. 4) technical aspects. Showing different Kamal images in a single frame with Mirrors.

I consider Avvai Shanmugi (complete) >>> MMKR (an attempt)

Spying scenes by two guys were padu/soora mokkai. The same screen play writer delivered wonderful spying scenes in Vishwaroopam. That's the real Vishwaroopam in Kamal.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkikiram,

If there is a single film that talks about the genius of Kamal, the script writer it is MMKR. I dont think its fair to belittle his effort in the movie. MMKR was Kamal's first dabble with the chaos theory, not Dasa and it was a better success as a film.
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 19th July 2013 at 12:47 AM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Venkikiram,

If there is a single film that talks about the genius of Kamal, the script writer it is MMKR. I dont think its fair to belittle his effort in the movie. MMKR was Kamal's first dabble with the chaos theory, not Dasa and it was a better success as a film.
    I am not completely rejecting MMKR. All I say is, MMKR was an attempt and never be a complete/classic one in my dictionary. Many of the jokes from Kamal characters are unfunny. Say for example while Raju (firefighter) driving crazy the car with broken brake, he replied to VAM "pidikkalanga" and VAM says to that "ungkalukku pidichcha enna pidikkalanna ennangka, car brake-a podunga". Compared to MMKR, Avvai Shanmugi to me works very well even after many revisits.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...