Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Star RAJINIKANTH IN AS Kochadaiyaan || ARR|| Directed by Soundarya Rajnikanth

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easygoer View Post
    KSR is no selvaraghavan... IMO, KSR will not delve much into pandya dynasty lifestyle, their conquests, politics etc., I am just expecting a neat commercial package with some good punches thrown into the script
    yeah agreed.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    For whatever it's worth, here are my 10 observations (actually 11!) on Kochadaiiyaan, based on the teaser: http://j.mp/17OGKWn

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NI media discusses the teaser

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    NI media discusses the teaser

What are they saying? I dont understand hindi
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The video just briefs us about Kochadaiiyan by repeatedly telling us that its first of a kind film in India/Asia. Then ofcoarse the dish of the era - "Avatar-&-Tintin-same-technology-sucess". A bit about Photo Realistic technique - don't worry much, they just explain it in the lines of how to insert a pen drive in a computer and copy the file from it to the hard drive. Finally they sign of by saying that even their superstar SRK flopped Ra1, but can the god of Indian Cinema make a change with Kochadaiiyan.

If you wish to know the exact word-by-word details, let me know I can do it for you this evening.

And in the begining : Md. Tarik ... LoL. pesikittey irrukumbothu ... chup chup-nu off panitanga ammani ... LoL
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided that the movie would release surely, I foresee the following possible scenarios

1.The movie would come up with a great quality and not like teaser. (In this case, all the stake holders would be happy)

2. The movie would come up with a decent quality, may not be perfect but still worth to be called as passable effort.(In this case, the reception would be a mixed bag, but still the movie might coverup its costs)

3. The animation part may be average but still KSR's screenplay,dialogues and Rahman's music might save the show upto larger extent(In this case, movie might coverup its costs)

4. The animation might be very bad with good story & screenplay (Hard to guess, the move might fall on any way)

5.Both the animation part and story part might be average(Hard to guess, the move might fall on any way)

6.As dilbert mentioned, this movie might appeal to age group of 8-14 alone.(In this case, movie might coverup its costs, thanks to the family audience along with kids)

7.The movie would be bad altogether,including story, screenplay and animation(In this case, movie would be a complete disaster)

My assumption is that any Rajini movie with atleast something worth mentioning would attract larger audience. So scenarios (2) and (3) would be enough for the movie to have a decent run. Scenario (1) would ensure repeated viewing which in turn would increase the revenue largely.

I think, Scenario 1 is unlikely, I am hoping the movie would fall somewhere between scenarios (2) and (3) because the investors would be much more concerned about the ROI than us

I completely agree with the technological challenges and all the limitations including budget, director being a first timer, difficulties in understanding the technologies and effective usage of it etc.,but soundarya should be careful with her marketing statements

The better option available for the team is to first completely analyze the product, identify all the unique points of the movie, have a positioning statement that would list the unique points alone, hire a good PR professional and make the unique points alone prominent in all the communications, So that audience would atleast have an idea of what to expect from the movie
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinemarasigan View Post
    where Selva showed the lifestyles of Chola dynasty? he showed totally a different culture...
    What I mean to say is KSR would not get into so much detailing about pandiyan dynasty. To the maximum, he would have written the glorifying story of a warrior. SR would not fit into this format and whether he depicted the exact culture of cholas or not is a different story...
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easygoer View Post
    The better option available for the team is to first completely analyze the product, identify all the unique points of the movie, have a positioning statement that would list the unique points alone, hire a good PR professional and make the unique points alone prominent in all the communications, So that audience would atleast have an idea of what to expect from the movie
    Very well put, easygoer.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post

If you wish to know the exact word-by-word details, let me know I can do it for you this evening
    don't wrorry, thanks for the explanation
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 11th September 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the whole hullabaloo has been about the animations and its quality or the lack of it, people have conveniently forgotten the need for a good story and screenplay to back it up. I believe it is the single most important thing in a movie be it any genre. So hopefully the makers dont screw that up. The story from what I saw from the above posts sounds intriguing. So hopefully KSR and Soundarya have got their acts together on this.
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 11th September 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein