Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute, hasn't Raaja Saab taken more digs at Rahman Ji in the past? i.e. loops, ARR not being a composer, etc. The funniest dig I've witnessed whilst eating my bag of chips and drinking fizzy pop is e.g. A song in Azhgar Malai 2007 (Great album, I love Karuga Mani) called Ullagam Ippo sung by IR has the lines, "whosoever wishes to go away from this country may do as they please; I would remain here forever in the service of my people". Please tell me who is he referring to, OBVIOUSLY not Harris Jayaraj lol Anyways ARR had done a fabulous job as always at delivering a native Thamizh Anthem with Ah Aah title song. Obviously it seems IR and his fans seem to be oblivious to this composition. It's up to them if they want to leave their bubble?! People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones at others. Just to conclude, there's a quote by ARR which has been plastered around the net and media "“Until then I thought you had to drink or take dope to be a good artist. But Ilayaraja was making such beautiful music and leading a pure life!” ” I was under the impression that if its music, whoever it is, they must have some bad habit. When I saw them with drinks and drugs I thought ‘Oh! they are music people. They have to take drinks, smoke and cocaine to get their inspiration’. The man who changed these impressions altogether was only Illayaraja. He proved that he can make good music without any bad habits! Even now he is an inspiration for me being so religious today.”

Now all of a sudden the same man who inspired A.R. to become more pious, at a launch of a carnatic album said "Some persons claim that all the fame 'goes' to the Lord. This is wrong; why would be a God be in need of fame. Isn't He the one who showers on us fame and popularity and money? How can we 'return' to Him the fame given to us by Him? It won't be proper at all!"

Please tell me who is he referring to?

I'm silent because as a Rahman ji Devotee I don't care about childish accusations and believe this is all small talk but please don't mistake my silence for my weakness. Ella Pugazhum Iraivan oruvanuke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement