Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
I personally don't care about whether the songs were composed in minutes or months. All I want is they should appeal to me and for the past two decades, only Thalaivar songs have done that.

And being a Rahman fan, I started loving the wait. Before the internet era, I have seen queues outside cassette shops when a Rahman album releases. And that was not in Chennai or Bangalore but a glorified rural area called Nagercoil. Many ARR fans like me (Siv.S, LM1982 to name a few from hub) don't come from a city background. But we love ARR more than any other MD. Wish the kumudham guy had met us before interviewing ARR.

I wonder if this era of digital downloads have taken all the fun.
Me too Ajay, neenga Nagercoila? naanum unga oor pakkam dhaan. I have noticed those queues too and have personally often seen people eagerly checking with the shopkeeper for the release date of a Rahman album. yedho village makkal ellaam Rahmana rasikkadha maadhiri andhu interview brahaspathi oru dhandamana kaelvi kaetturukkaar. Personally, even I wasn't very sure of how well he would do when presented with an opportunity to compose a folk album till "kizhakku cheemayile" was released. But, that was nearly 20 years back. The kumudam interviewer clearly had no clue what he/she was talking about.

I edited my previous post to make the message more clear. Rahman fans really dont care about the long time it takes for Rahman to compose. But, his detractors have for long alleged it as some sort of weakness. I hope they realize that it is simply his working style and it doesn't actually take too long for him to come up with a tune and the arrangement. He chooses to work on it more because he wants every song to be special.