Thread: Ilaiyaraja's New Albums 2016-18, News and Titbits

Threaded View

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the Part 1 of "ILaiyaraja 1000" from Vijay TV today.
    Seemed to have all the grandeur and pomp as a superstar's new release.
    It was simply enthralling to listen to Chitra and chorus sing "ennuLE ennuLE",

"kaNNan vandhu pAdugindrAn kAlamellAm". I cannot say the same about Mano , who made a mockery of "iLamai ennum poongAtRu". SPB and guitar Prasanna just freaked out on the stage with "iLaiya nilA".Poor Napolean was given a second chance, thanks to SPB's prodding, to get his second bgm act right and he lapped up the opportunity and delivered. Bala tried unsuccessfully to mask the opportunist in him by sappakattufying for the word "payan paduthal" ofIR. I hold him squarely responsible for giving a legend like IR in an utterly gory, violent, junk of a movie for his 1000th film. I only wish IR had taken Prakash Raj's "uLavachaaru biriyANi" as his 1000th. Prakash Raj proved himself to be a true "rasika" of IR's music be not trying to hog limelight or score brownie pounts by uttering some nonsense.
    How many ever times I listen to "sundari kaNNAl oru seidhi" , it NEVER fails to amaze me. That is the stuff of classics!
    KJY and SJ were conspicuous by their absence.

2. Likes mappi liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement