its unfortunate that you didnt like the songs i mentioned in Kabali. I agree fans expect super duper mix for a rajni movie. But this is not typical rajni movie and Santhosh has done his bit. We all have to accept that Raja is going to stand tall above everyone, so there is no point in bringing Raja into discussion. My point was there are a few music directors who are trying to elevate the current scenario. Santhosh's melodies have impressed me among the current crop (Gibran being the other). Be it Cuckoo or his RR in Madras is second to none, I would say. After a long time I found a music director that could elevate the scene through his bgm. Anyways lets not give up on them, Like most things , these trends are cyclic in nature.

Gopal , yes everyone has a shell life for "creativity". Thank god that we got a lifetime of music during raja's peak times. With change come so many other issues. Music assemblers have emerged and composers are few. The only danger is accepting mediocrity as the new norm. Its not only in tamil nadu , you can see the decline in music quality all over the world. But in general I find the south more
intelligent" in music due the greats that you mentioned. Life goes on and so will Music.... lets hope for the best