Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Verbatim

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    --------------------
    "circular living beings" are those who have yet to leave the reincarnation cycle...the ones who haven't gained nirvana and still have not realised maya...it's almost by realizing that one exists, that you become again apart of the mortal world...or so i tried to convey (not that i believe in one fixed system i think that's why i can mesh the stuff all in one) :P
    Querida : First poet and now i see ur a spiritualist too . "Circular living beings" - nice synonym for us ordinary mortals going around in circles, not able to come out of the cycle of birth & death . As long as one is conscious of this existence all the time, the pull of the mortal world prevents a person from unshackling the meshes of maya .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kelvi kettadharkku paaratta? nandri

Queri.. I thought maya and existentialism are opposite philosophies While maya denounces sensory experiences as an illusion, in existentialism, things are merely what they are. Well.... I am not well-versed in philosophy, but this is what I understand May be the contradiction that you have brought in is intentional
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Suvai and Ramky, well what can i say to these comments? i don't know if thank yous are enough! Thamizh yes indeed good questions deserve praise

Quote Originally Posted by thamizhvaanan
    kelvi kettadharkku paaratta? nandri

Queri.. I thought maya and existentialism are opposite philosophies While maya denounces sensory experiences as an illusion, in existentialism, things are merely what they are. Well.... I am not well-versed in philosophy, but this is what I understand May be the contradiction that you have brought in is intentional

If you read my earlier posts Thamizh, concerning this poem I say that i am trying to mesh the broadest sense of these philosophies, and that i am not arguing but expressing my feelings of them so does it really matter if they contradict? They help convey what those particular words mean, and also aid in the larger theme of the poem, (or so i think you are welcome to disagree) . In other words if you exist does it matter whether it's contradictory? Isn't the whole poem about being in a state of non-existance coming into real resistance through realization? So is realization a mortal feeling or a feeling that leads us out of existence (such as enlightenment?) Again these ideas are complex and yet they can be expressed poignantly in a few lines...that is my goal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Queri... I get the point and I think you've acheived ur goal
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    well Thamizh if this was a poem from a deceased author they would be honoured by such a minute analysis ...but since i haven't kicked the bucket yet i can say i appreciate it and what i think it means when i wrote it

to ravage a savage
    give him disease
    give him slavery
    give him fear
    give him forced belief
    give him word, cut out his tongues
    give him script, remove his signs
    give him history, deem his an uncivilized mystery
    give him tools, to reap for you what he sows
    what of morality what of equality
    what of love what of truth
    give him this
    no longer be mere man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    well Thamizh if this was a poem from a deceased author they would be honoured by such a minute analysis ...but since i haven't kicked the bucket yet i can say i appreciate it and what i think it means when i wrote it

to ravage a savage
    give him disease
    give him slavery
    give him fear
    give him forced belief
    give him word, cut out his tongues
    give him script, remove his signs
    give him history, deem his an uncivilized mystery
    give him tools, to reap for you what he sows
    what of morality what of equality
    what of love what of truth
    give him this
    no longer be mere man.
    Very nice one Querida. I think your poem represents the Old Testament culture.
    Liberty is my religion. Liberty of hand and brain -- of thought and labor. Liberty is the blossom and fruit of justice -- the perfume of mercy. Liberty is the seed and soil, the air and light, the dew and rain of progress, love and joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanx Sundararaj i was answering a question in my geo exam prep when this occured to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATULATIONS QUERIDA - YOUR THREAD CROSSED 10K VIEWS
    Liberty is my religion. Liberty of hand and brain -- of thought and labor. Liberty is the blossom and fruit of justice -- the perfume of mercy. Liberty is the seed and soil, the air and light, the dew and rain of progress, love and joy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Querida : "to ravage a man" . and Congrats for 10k views

Post Thanks / Like
    wow really? haha you guys are too sweet! I know for a fact those numbers adding up to 10k was mostly me postng, editing and altering my poems numerous times and copying them to my files so I don't lose them...yet I'm very touched to know that this number also includes the thoughtful hubbers and their wonderful consideration...

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast