View Poll Results: HFM better than TFM (now)?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is HFM challenging TFM now?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    R.D.Burman is special. After SJ, only RDB carried that flag of melodious and catchy to greater heights. Two of his many, many amazingly cathcy songs I don't think anyone else has surpassed the immediate appeal and endurance:

Aise Na Mujhe Dekho - Darling, Darling
    Jahan Teri Yeh Nazar Hai - Kaalia

HFM, TFM or MFM cannot challenge each other, and let me tell you only HFM has had national appeal, so this thread really needs to read " is HFM back to glorious days to make up for TFM and others in India"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to movies/music, I'm a bigger fan of Bollywood than Tamil.

Black was Phenomenal!! But that is an exceptional case even for bollywood.

I really enjoyed Fanaa, Krrish, RDB, Kank.

I'm getting sick and tired of the formula in tamil movies which is taking shape. 1 Intro Song, 1 Slow song, 2 Kuthu Songs and 1 Sad Song. (Even there most of the tunes don't seem like they're worth listening to) Infact it isn't taking shape, it's already in full shape.

I'm glad that Yuvan Shankar Raja and ARR are kind of changing this pattern slowly now-a-days.

I mean, even though Vallavan and SOK followed this formula, the songs were nice to listen to.

Where as the other movies like Thimiru, Aathi, Aaru, Thirupathi, etc are just depressing.

Bollywood movies also have Fast Danceing type songs, but in my opnion they're composed in a better way than Tamil Dance Numbers are.

Rock And Roll Soniye - KANK
    Dil Na Diya - KRRISH
    RDB - RDB
    Where's The Party Tonight - KANK

are just a few numbers as opposed to dance numbers in tamil like Appan Panna Thappule, Soda Bottle Kaiyule, Yammadi Aathadi, etc.

I did enjoy Neruppe Sikki Mukki Nerupe (Not a big fan of the lyrics or the way it was picturised but the audio was good) from VV and Kummi Adi and Machakaari from SOK.

Northie Albums also tend to have A LOT of slow Melody Numbers as opposed to Tamil Albums.

Pyarr Ki Ek Kahani/Chori Chori Chupke Chupke/Mien Hoon Asma (Or something :P ) - KRRISH

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna/Mitwaaa/Tumhi Dekho Naa - KANK

Chand Safarish/Mere Haath Hai/Dekho Naa - Fanaa

(The Reason I use these three movies again, is because they're the latest ones that I've heard.)

So Basically I think taht Hindi Albums are better, because their Dance Numbers are better in Quality, and they also have a lot more melodies which are pleasant to the ears.

I like YSR and ARR changing the sterotype every now and then, but I think that Tamil dance numbers do need to be improved, we need to get out that fixed formula of 1 Intro, 2 Kuthu, 1 Romance, and 1 Sad Song BS. And also, limiting dance numbers in an album to 2 max, and ridding "En Thozha, En Thalaiva, Yen Rasiga etc etc" type Intro songs. And Including A LOT MORE melodies in our albums would have us meeting eye to eye with BOllywood again!!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY

hulk, do u think YSR and HJ are original?? orginality is something ppl. dunt mind nowadays (sadly), they just need gud music - copied or remixed........
    Exactly. They are kids at what they do but ARR is a master. I was talking about copying only.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surya maybe the style of our albums is shaped liked that but we have better musical input as in knowledge of instruments,harmony and music techniques in TFM. IR,ARR,YSR,KR,Bharadwaj,Vidyasagar and now Vijay Anthony have shaped tfm music much more musically inclined than hfm. While hfm is either dominated by techno,bhangra beats or the usual hindustani melody accompanied with carnatic violin and thavil, tfm gives different sort of melodies each with their own style althought there are alot of koothu nos.

Whether bollywood can make a melody better than eera vizhi kaaviyangal,anandha raagam or idhu kadhal enbadha and vennilavae vennilavae remains to be seen. The WCM techniques and orchestration used in these songs easily truffles the standards used in HFM songs.

When it comes to music, the formula of how it is used does not matter(i.e1 melody 2 koothu song or 4 melody 1 koothu song), rather the nuances of orchestration and the techniques used in it is what matters. And in that case TFM is way above HFM.

Listen to Vijay anthony's by2 and compare it to the melodies churned out by himesh reshammiya and see how Vijay anthony keeps it melodious without repeating the same instrumentation and flow.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

imsai: innum thirundhave illaya nee...

Surya, HFM also has got the same recurring bangra, deewana duets, party stuffs etc... The variety you find at instance are mere rip-offs from international or old albums. What challenges really is the list of quality singers produced in HFM!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.musicindiaonline.com/musi...vie_name.8939/

listen to "Subah Subah" song in this page...... ........wat r HJ and YSR doing?? .....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123