Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Oil free dishes

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    If others browsing this thread do not mind is it okay if oil free non veg recipes are also posted here? Do not recall any myself, but would love to hear from others who have experimented.

The only veggie thing that I do oil free is soup. Basically, i take any combination of veggies that I have. I always use onion and potato as it gives a good consistency. Chop all the veggies. throw into cooker with minimal water. Add some peppercorns, cloves, bay leaf and some haldi if desired. Cook well. Cool. remove the seasonings. Cool and grind to desired consistency. Add water or skimmed milk as desired. Heat. Season with salt, pepper, lemon and/or dried italian herbs.

To make it even more healthy, I sometimes cook some quick cooking oats in the base puree and then add water/ milk as desired.

I've even added diff types of pastas as variations. If you want any one particular taste to dominate, just add larger quantities of that veggie and cut out everything else other than onion and potato. Even my baby likes this soup. IN fact, this is the only way she'll eat her veggies!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bake fish instead of frying, it comes out good.just apply very little oil. broil for few minutes beforetaking it out. i do the same for chicken too ,marinades are as usual as for frying.
    Kz

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey

U can make different kootu for chapatis. Like cabbage kootu, beans, also u can make aviyal and chow chow kootu. All u need is only 1 spoon of oil for seasoning,of course, u need to add coconut for this dish.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep this coming!

I want to try these oil free recipes as B is gaining weight in alarming proportions.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan, if U r trying to make her diet absolutely oil free, please think twice before you do so... coz oil too is essential for the proper functioning of the body... use atleast 3 tsp of oil/day...A better way to keep her weight under control is to limit the carb intake ...Eat healthy, live better...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    An oil free dish (more of a salad) for Chapattis.

1.Boiled chickpeas.
    2.Thinly sliced red onions (sambhar onions are very good)
    3.Cucumber (cut into small pieces).
    4.Carrot (grated or cut into small pieces)
    5.Chopped Coriander and curry leaves.
    6.Chopped green chilles.
    7.Lemon juice.

Mix up all the above and there you have your oil free dish.
    The chickpeas could be substituted with other types of peas and lentils (green gram works well too). Also you could add more veggies like broad beans and roasted peppers (oil free of course). If you want to cross the border and add in a bit more taste, make a dressing of olive oil and vinegar or lemon juice and mix it at last.
    Other variations that work are adding a bit of Feta cheese (it adds sharpness) or adding some grated parmesan or add some more herbs like mint and basil.

You can improvise according to your taste.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234